3 Column Blogs on Blogger?

ZingyZoid

I'd like to make a third column on my blog but I can't figure out how. None of Bloggers available templates have three columns. Is this because it isn't possible?

I wouldn't mind changing my entire template to get that third column if I had to but I'd like to stay with blogger.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

I wanted 3 columns too : 1 main and 2 sidebars, I found out how to do it from a fellow blogger:

first look at your model :

in the "style" part of the head, you've got features for body, content, main, sidebar, etc...

1. - copy the features for the sidebar,
  2. - paste them right after themselves
  3. - change the name of the original sidebar features into "sidebar-A"
  4. - change the name of the copied and pasted sidebar features into "sidebar-B"
  5. if sidebar-A floats at the left of your page, specify for sidebar-B "float:right;" and vice-versa
  6. - change the width of your content so that it can host 2 sidebars the main column (for exemple my content width is 980pixels, my sidebars add up to 300 and the main to 580px, the rest is for margins and padding)

in the "body" part of your html page

1. - find where the original sidebar begins, it should read "div id='sidebar'"
  2. - change the name to "sidebar-A"
  3. - find where the original sidebar endss, it should read "/div"
  4. - right after it create a new division and name it "div id='sidebar-B'", don't forget the end tag : "/div"
  5. - write whatever you want in your new sidebar!

:)

you can see the source code of my blog if you click ctrl+U (I think)

Exemple is the best way to learn!

hope this will help!

Thank you both so much for the info! I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet but I really appreciate the help.

:ty

Archived