Tampa Doll

C’ville August 2017 tote

47 posts in this topic

Dog days of Summer.  That is what my Mom always called August.  This was the month before School started.  We always went back the day after Labor Day.

We always went to the shore in August.  Our neighbor use to go to Ocean City and help her friend run her boarding house and we use to go also. So one week in August we would pack the car and spend the days on the beach and boardwalks and just have fun.  I think this was also a vacation for Dad, as he had the house all to himself for a week.

Once we got home, it was time to buy school cloths and supplies.  I always like the idea of a new notebook, paper, pencils and as I got older pens.  The little case that clipped into the notebook to hold our pens, pencils, pencil sharpener and erasers.  Let’s not forget the erasers.

One thing I also remember is popsicles.  They were called twin pops.  Don’t know if they still have them.  We use to be able to break this popsicle in half and share it with family and friends. 

This tote reminds me of popsicles. Lemon, Lime, Pineapple, and Lemon.  The pocket and rose remind me of Grape.

The tote is made of Peaches N Cream Pink Lemonade, sides Lime Green and handles Yellow.  The pocket is made with America’s Best Dark Purple with yellow writing and hook.

Tote #137 Twin Pops. Close-up

SP 137 Crochetville CXXXVII Twin Pops August  2017.JPG

8 people like this

oh wow if i had to pick my fav this would win hands down   simply love those colors and flavors   of it lol vvry much summer!! yes we still have the twin pops here but they are hard to find sometimes   my fav was and is cherry lol  nice job mj simply delectable!! :cheer

1 person likes this

Summer colors! Love your August choice ... light, breezy and bright for the triple H. (For those of you not in PA, the daily forecast is always the same, hot, humid & hazy.)

Gotta stop this post so I can get an Italian ice from the freezer now. LOL

1 person likes this

Lovely, very summer-y!  I loved shopping for school supplies too, don't forget book covers and Pee Chee folders.

It's 96° here right now, I need a twin pop! According to google, Walmart carries them.  

1 person likes this

It's beautiful, Mary Jo!  We have so many of the same memories. :)  I was always so excited to get ready for school with all the new supplies.  I grew up in Iowa and we had quite a large group that walked to school together...always a new outfit on that first day!

1 person likes this

MJ simply beautiful love all these totes are amazing someone will be very happy 😊😊😊

Edited by crazycatlady
Spelling
1 person likes this

Thank you all.  The tote is ready to be packed up and hopefully will be shipped out Saturday.

Sharon now I want some Italian Ice.  Grew up in the South Jersey/Philadelphia area.  Good Italian Ice, snow cones and twin pops.

Good memories.

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Dog days of Summer.  That is what my Mom always called August.  This was the month before School started.  We always went back the day after Labor Day.

We always went to the shore in August.  Our neighbor use to go to Ocean City and help her friend run her boarding house and we use to go also. So one week in August we would pack the car and spend the days on the beach and boardwalks and just have fun.  I think this was also a vacation for Dad, as he had the house all to himself for a week.

Once we got home, it was time to buy school cloths and supplies.  I always like the idea of a new notebook, paper, pencils and as I got older pens.  The little case that clipped into the notebook to hold our pens, pencils, pencil sharpener and erasers.  Let’s not forget the erasers.

One thing I also remember is popsicles.  They were called twin pops.  Don’t know if they still have them.  We use to be able to break this popsicle in half and share it with family and friends. 

This tote reminds me of popsicles. Lemon, Lime, Pineapple, and Lemon.  The pocket and rose remind me of Grape.

The tote is made of Peaches N Cream Pink Lemonade, sides Lime Green and handles Yellow.  The pocket is made with America’s Best Dark Purple with yellow writing and hook.

Tote #137 Twin Pops. Close-up

SP 137 Crochetville CXXXVII Twin Pops August  2017.JPG

LOVE this one!! The colors are the sort I love working with.

1 person likes this

Such beautiful colors !!  Just looking at them makes me feel cooler in this summer heat.  Great job, Mary Jo !

2 people like this

I agree,we had the best Italian ices in the north east

we lived two blocks from our school in Brooklyn,so we walked,in all kinds of weather,snow days were unknown back then,you really had to have a mega blizzard to shut that city down.

love the colors,reminds me of all types of melons,or those big 8" swirl lollipops

1 person likes this

Thought I would show you a close up of the doll.

137 Crochetville CXXXVII Twin Pops August  2017 (4).JPG

3 people like this

Both the tote and the doll are sooo summer-like! I like your stories you add to each tote!

1 person likes this

Today we pack up the tote to be shipped.  Should start with the clues tomorrow.

Let's see if I can trip you all up.

I love the tote!! It reminds me a bit of mine, but different. It's my tote's sister bag! :)

The doll is beautiful! 

And you know these bags really DO hold alot! It's amazing. 

1 person likes this

Really nice! 

I LOVE that doll  :lol

Krys

1 person likes this

The tote is on the stoop waiting for pickup.  I have it is a trash bag, as we are getting rain on and off.

So today starts the clues:

The first peanuts grown in the United States were grown in this state.

The states of Kentucky & West Virginia were formed from sections of this state.

box 137 Crochetville CXXXVII Twin Pops August  2017 (1).JPG

every month I  learn something new about different states

2 people like this

Yea!  A state I didn't have to look up.  When I was young, I worked at a nuts & sweets shop.  The owner came from the state where peanuts started in the US.  He spent over 30 years working for Planters until he decided to open his own stores. It's been 40 years since I worked there, but I still remember all of the peanut history lessons.  (It was his favorite subject.)

1 person likes this

Yay, I knew an answer for a change. Lol  The doll is adorable, Mary Jo! :manyheart

1 person likes this

Such a beautiful bag, Mary Jo!  Well done, girl!!

1 person likes this

Well, my track record is consistent, I guessed wrong ....:lol

1 person likes this

Thank you all.  I am also learning about the different states.  Our history is fascinating.

According to the PO the tote will be delivered tomorrow.  When it goes out for delivery, I will give you a clue to her name.

Clue for state:

Now we all hear about these guys. 

Eight United States Presidents were born here: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, William Harrison, John Tyler, Zachary Taylor, and Woodrow Wilson.

But did you know this:

Six Presidents' wives were born here: Martha Washington, Martha Jefferson, Rachel Jackson, Letitia Tyler, Ellen Arthur, Edith Wilson.

Also:

The College of William and Mary in Williamsburg is the second oldest in the United States, it was founded in 1693.

Have fun

1 person likes this