amigurumi deer pattern help

listes

Question

Hi there!

I am very new to crocheting and currently am trying to teach myself how to follow a pattern I have an amigurumi deer. I had the help of YouTube videos, but now I find myself at a lost. The part I am at says to start with a new yarn for the back leg. Then it says: "Begin at the end of ch13 from (b), work downward (see diagram). R1: ch1, 5cr (in last 5ch from the (b) ch13), t." 

I looked at the provided diagram and I am so, so confused. I guess what I dont understand is am I supposed to continue working on the crochet piece of the main body by stitching into it? or will I add the leg on later on? Also, if it is that I stitch into it, could someone provide a youtube link on how to do this if you wouldn't mind? I think for the part after the leg, the buttox, I will also be lost. Could someone please help guide me? I would be open to a google hangout or skype or something to better understand how to do this haha... :( I just want to make a crochet deer for a "deer" friend of mine <3

note: i've added some photos of the pattern. I have done most of the outer body i think correctly. Just need to do the back leg right now. thank you in advance for the help!

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 8.47.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 8.48.26 PM.png

2 answers to this question

Hi, welcome to the Ville!  

To make the leg you stitch into (or over) the beginning chain, just as if you were stitching into any previous row.  Pivot the piece around so that the chain is at the top, and begin your next row there.  

To make the rump, it's basically the same thing.  Just take your new yarn and stitch where it says to.  

I suggest you review the site guidelines in the town hall section.  I believe that the image of the diagram shows pretty much the entire pattern, which is too much to post here due to copyright concerns.  If the pattern is in a book, tell us the title, and someone may have it to refer to.  

Archived