jlvking

Gentle Waves Round Ripple

7 posts in this topic

This is a free pattern on Ravelry but the link takes me to a file on the WayBack Machine and it only seems to go through round 5. Does anyone know where I can find the complete pattern or does anyone know of a similar one? Doesn't have to be a free pattern if it is a unique design. I do want something pretty solid though, not a lot of holes. :ty

I searched on Ravelry and the pattern opened with a pdf link at the bottom. It goes directly to the pattern. I noticed it does not include much for subsequent rounds, so, I would assume you just keep repeating her pattern rounds and increasing stitches on each round. A border is not included so I would suggest a reverse-single-crochet stitch.

There are several other Round Ripple patterns on Ravelry that might interest you. I've made several from the patterns by Aggie May, Donna Mason-Svara, Sew On Fire Ministries and Heather Tucker and they've all turned out beautiful.

PS: Janet- I just realized this is posted in the Baby and Toddler folder. You might get more responses if your inquiry was posted in "Seeking Patterns" folder. :)

Edited by ReniC

Thanks, Reni. I've got some of Donna's patterns. I was looking for something fairly solid and I love the gentle curves instead of actual points. I can probably adapt that though. I will check them out. 

As for where this ended up... I have no clue how that happened! LOL... Will repost. Thanks1

22 hours ago, jlvking said:

Thanks, Reni. I've got some of Donna's patterns. I was looking for something fairly solid and I love the gentle curves instead of actual points. I can probably adapt that though. I will check them out. 

As for where this ended up... I have no clue how that happened! LOL... Will repost. Thanks1

Hi Janet- I looked through Michelle Rhodes blog and found on her 03/07/07 post that she based her pattern on Sew-On-Fire's pattern. If you use that pattern and follow Michelle's instructions for the points, you'll probably get a ripple the way you prefer.

Another suggestion; if you haven't already, is send Michelle a note on her Ravelry page and her blog. As a member on Crochetville,  you can message her there too.

Edited by ReniC

I was scratching my head because I could have sworn I answered you a day or 2 ago.  I did, you duplicate-posted the same question on 'seeking patterns'.  The pattern pdf that you can access on Ravelry is complete--as Reni surmised, it DOES tell you on page 2 how to increase to keep going as many rounds as you want.

Thanks!!!! I don't know why I was being shown only one page. It's showing both now. :cheer