Bookmark pattern

yellowarmy

Question

Dear all,

I got stuck in the following pattern as I have no idea what I should do on the ROW 2.

According to the pattern...

ROW 1: ch 8 counts as first dc, ch-2, skip next 2 st, dc in first ch of ch-8, turn. (you will have 2 dc, 1 ch-2 sp) 

ROW 2: ch 7 at beg of row counts as ch-2 first dc and ch-2, dc in next dc, 2 dc in ch-2 sp, dc in next dc, ch 2, trtr, turn. (you will have 6 sts 2 ch-2 sps)

Can anyone pls help clarify for me about the "dc in next dc, 2 dc in ch-2 sp, dc in next dc"? I have no idea where to get the "first dc aka next dc" and the "second dc aka the next dc after the 2dc in ch-2 sp" after the turn. Sorry for my poor explanation but this is exactly what the pattern stated. :-(

Appreciated your help. 

5 answers to this question

Normally, if you were going to make a row of plain DC, it would have said 'chain 1, DC in the 4th chain from hook and the remaining 4 chains'.  This would give you 6 DCs, counting the skipped 3 chains at the beginning as a DC.

Row 1 could have used some punctuation, like this:

ROW 1: ch 8 (counts as first dc, ch-2, skip next 2 st), dc in first ch of ch-8, turn. (you will have 2 dc, 1 ch-2 sp) 

What it's going to look like, however is a big loop with 1 dc at the end.  The 3 chains at the opposite end of the loop from the 'real' DC is a 'fake' DC.  In between these 2 DCs are an opening of 2 chains on the bottom and 2 chains at the top.  Row 1 is your foundation chain and first row all combined together.  Let me know if that doesn't make sense...maybe I'll try to draw a little diagram, will be back.

OK...the 8 blue circles are the chains, with the numbers being the order in which they were made.  The 3 at the right circled in green are a 'fake' DC.  The red box at the left is a real DC made into the first chain.  Hope this helps!

Untitled.png

Archived