Hello from Ottawa

yellowarmy

Dear all,

Greetings. I am a new crocher and I learn it myself through youtube and pins. My first project is a pair of socks for my 9-month old son. I made them when I was still pregnant but they were way too small to fit in my son's newborn size. Well, I had another thing for him, that is a baby blanket which I have picked a slightly complicated and beautiful pattern. I enjoyed the making process so much and the time when I was working on it, I got peace in my mind. Parenting is not easy. Being a full time mum is difficult and fatiguing. School taught me how to be a good colleague and employee but not a mum. I am very glad I got crocheting which helps me to be patient, persistent, and stay calm.

As I am new to crochet, I would like to join this club so that I may ask a few questions when I got stuck in patterns.

Thank you and wish you all a wonderful day.

Best,

Y

Photo caption:  my son was overjoyed on the blankie I sucessfully made for him. 

20170223_143727_HDR.jpg

Hi :hi and Welcome :welcome   to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

Beautiful blanket and a gorgeous son.  Yeah, they do not come with a manual, but it is fun learning. 

Ask all the questions you like in the help section.  Someone will be able to help you.

welcome, from New Jersey! I love that you've already discovered what a stress reliever crocheting can be! Enjoy exploring this forum and stretching your talents!

And making anything to wear is still hard for me after many years of crocheting. Many times things don't fit correctly!:lol We all learn where we are happiest with our crochet hooks!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived