interpreting graphic pattern

rosie17

Question

I have a vest pattern that uses a somewhat different type of granny square. I don't have the written directions, just the graphic instructions, which I've attached. I am completely stuck on the fourth row.  I don't know how the crisscrosses at the ends of the chains are done. Do you just attach new yarn there? 

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Pegi

P.S.

I just checked the image I attached and it is an image of the folder that the pdf is in. Please let me know if you can't see the pattern image. If you can't, what did I do wrong? I simply attached the pdf--I thought!

4 answers to this question

In crochet symbols, 'x' is a US single crochet/UK double crochet.  so you are chaining and attaching to the round below at the indicated spot with a US SC.

Here is a guide to reading crochet symbols, US terms

http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/chart_crochet.html

By the way, you're not supposed to post an actual pattern here; it's ok to post a link to where the pattern is so we can go look at the site, but Crochetville's owners can get into legal trouble because this breaks US copyright laws.

Hi Rosie, welcome to the ville!

You got the answer to your question in your post in introductions section, i think.  what you are calling crisscrosses are the symbols for single crochet.  Annie's has a really good tutorial on using the symbols https://www.anniescatalog.com/crochet/content.html?content_id=708&type_id=S&scat_id=3

If I may, I'd like to suggest that you go to the Town Hall section and review the site guidelines.  We really are not supposed to post whole patterns or big chunks of patterns because of copyright concerns.  Whether the pattern is free online, sold online, or avaiable in hard copy is irrelevant; it is still copyrighted in any case. 

I have had to remove the symbol chart of the pattern included in the original final post to check mplynwith our forum copyright policies. These policies state members can only post patterns or pattern charts if they are the copyright owner (generally the designer or publisher). These policies help keep our site and members clear of any legal issues related to copyright infringement.

Archived