Tampa Doll

C’Ville Tote July 2017

47 posts in this topic

Summer is now in full swing.  Hot and humid in some places and just hot in others.

July, well there is nothing like July 4th.  Growing up it was cap guns and cap sticks, sparklers and firecrackers.  In our neighborhood, the grills would come out in the front, along with lots of corn on the cob, and lots of melons, especially watermelon.  My Mom use to take the seeds out of the watermelons, as girls do not spit out seeds.  Boy she tried to make ladies out of us.

We would go down to the corner, play stick ball, half ball and tag along with a lot of other games.  My Dad always put the hose on the flag pole, but it did not touch the flag that was on the pole. 

In the morning, we would go to the town square for the 4th of July parade, with floats and decorated bicycles and at night we would all go to the bridge to see fireworks from 4 different places.

This was a time of fun and games.  We were free to run and play and we did a lot of walking.

The tote is red/white with blue handles and red sides.  The rose is red/white/blue.  The pocket is white with a blue hook and red writing.

I have added a piece of watermelon with a Little Miss Liberty.

So, tote #136 is called Happy 4th.  Let’s not forget that the 4th is the day to celebrate our freedoms, that were and are still being fought for.

Check me out.

SP 136 Crochetville CXXXVI Happy Fourth  July 2017.JPG

Edited by Tampa Doll
Change picture
6 people like this

That's a beautiful tote.  Sure to bring a big smile to the new owner.  Can't wait to see who that is.

1 person likes this

Tote looks great! :)

Happy 4-July!

Krys

1 person likes this

It's beautiful, and I love the little extras! :yes

1 person likes this

Thank you all.  I hope to have it shipped by Thurs.  This way it will miss the holiday mail.

My first thought when I saw it was "watermelon."  Then I read that you added a watermelon potholder.  Perfect!  :)

1 person likes this

Beautiful. It's actually quite chilly in Michigan right now,at least my part.  I'll take it,I don't do too hot too well. ;)  Can't wait for the clues to welcome the newest member of The Club.

1 person likes this

if I didn't have one already,that would be so stylin

such an innocent time we lived in back then,I remember playing with cap guns,this day and time it sure would be frowned on or outright banned

I remember they were quite loud,when the guns stopped working,we took a hammer to the cap strips

for us,it was hop on a train and head to Coney Island 

1 person likes this

Thank you all.

I think we had a more carefree childhood.  No electronics to sit in front of all day.  We had to go out to have fun.  We would say bye to Mom in the morning, come in for lunch (sometimes) and only to be seen again for dinner, then out again till the street lights came on.

The tote is all packed up and ready to go TOMORROW.

Off to find some clues.

1 person likes this

Beautiful tote!! And I love your memories of the 4th....

1 person likes this

Heck nine times out of ten I just used a big rock to tap on the strips of caps,way more fun. :D

1 person likes this

This design perfectly captures the spirit of Independance Day, and what do you know, it was made in the U.S.A.! :)

1 person likes this

Rocks, cap sticks, cap guns and even hammers.  Anything that we could use.  Sparklers along the walk lit as the day wound down.

The tote is on the stoop waiting to be picked up.

Yeah the bag was made in the USA with yarn that was made here, as it was made with the Old Peaches N Cream yarn.

I am having trouble finding clues for this state, as the info I have found only talks about the Civil War.

But lets see if this helps. 

Ok it was part of the Louisiana Purchase. 

It is the 25th State in the Union.

This state has the only active Diamond mine

Have fun and good luck.

beautiful love this looks like a beautiful watermelon who ever the gets it will love it.;)

1 person likes this

I know the state. Looking for diamonds there is on my bucket list.

1 person likes this

A beautiful bag and Miss Liberty is adorable. I know the state.

1 person likes this

I just checked and the tote has left Tampa and should be delivered tomorrow!!!!!!!

Here is the clue for today.  Famous People are from this state.

Bill Clinton – President

General Douglas MacArthur

John Grisham Author

Johnny Cash Country singer

Tomorrow I will give clues to the name.

Got the state. Had no idea there were diamonds there. How fun!

It's beautiful, Mary Jo!  Red, white and blue always make me smile.:)  Little Miss Liberty is adorable.  Thank you for all you do! :manyheart

We used a hammer for the caps! Lol

Edited by Skysmom

Well today's clue clinched the state,will wait patiently for the next clues.

1 person likes this

The tote is an hour away, as of 4 AM this morning.  So it should be delivered today.

Here is your final clue.  It is the clue for the name.  Check out the pictures.

Razorback.jpg

Grits.jpg

Got the who.

Courtney, they have areas where you can dig and keep what you find. Every several years you read about someone finding a fairly big diamond.