cookieking

Do you like charts more or less?

Hi! I personally like crochet chart best, because it lets me see how the project will turn out, as well as the fact that it gives me a thing of drawing. Do you like charts?

I like both. Charts for doilies keep me on track, but, I do prefer written patterns for larger projects.

54 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

I'm with Reni - charts are the bees knees for flat items.  I've been thrown off a bit (my fault undoubtedly) by 3D things, tho.  

You do know that there are some apps that can help you see all sides of a 3D chart.?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StephanieAnn said:

No. I like written patterns and or visual pictures step by step 

Ok, but you do realize that charts are basically pictures, only they are divided so that you can see where to put the stitches?

On 6/23/2017 at 2:17 PM, cookieking said:

You do know that there are some apps that can help you see all sides of a 3D chart.?

Do you have any specific apps to suggest? Or what to search? I'm interested in checking this out.

I will do charts but prefer written patterns.  I just find charts require more focus and effort while working on them even when there are repeated rows, etc.  Where when I work a written pattern with repeats, etc. I can focus on other things when I know I'm going to repeat several rows.  Just the way I work.

2 hours ago, MadreBug said:

Do you have any specific apps to suggest? Or what to search? I'm interested in checking this out.

What I do is use some engineering apps, preferably Shapr3D (for the iPad), and draw my patterns on the 3D shapes that I make.🙂

• Like 1