Terri's Comfort Ghan Delivered

Tampa Doll

Our long time friend has lost her husband.  Terrie/LadySorce has been here for as long as I can remember.  She has taken care of the wish list and has even run some of the swaps.

I thought she could use a big hug from the Ville.

I am looking for 12" squares in Purple or White. Purple Ombre' or Purple variegated.  So the color is basically Purple.  Any pattern is ok.  I am looking for 30 squares, I have about 10 promised.  I would like to have them by:think about July 15.  The reason for the long time, is I know everyone is busy and I hope you can a little time to help.

Let me know if you can and about how many.

I appreciate the help and I know it will help a little to let Terri know she is thought of at this time.  I will furnish my address to anyone who needs it.  

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a rainy afternoon yesterday so I found some purple and got one made. I'll put it in the mail, probably today. I have a mermaid tail to finish before July 2. I can make another square after that if it's needed.

My heart hurts for Terri.  I can't imagine what she is going through.  I wish I could make some squares, but I just bought a new house and am trying to get it ready, plus packing the old house, for a move-in date July 16th.  I haven't crocheted a stitch since settlement 2 weeks ago.  If I find some down time, I'll try to get a couple done.  Do you want them in acrylic or cotton?  (I'm assuming worsted weight.)  I have extra purple and white in both acrylic and cotton.

Thanks I am really excited to see the squares I get.  I know 12 is unusual, but Less for me to sew together and I think you can get some cool 12" squares. 

That is what my ghan is made of.

I have two white ones done.  Had to fiddle a little to get them 12 inches.  Both Red Heart Super Saver but one is slightly thicker yarn for some reason.  Ran out of white and don't have purple.  If you need more, I'd be glad to buy a skein and make them.  Please PM me your address. 

Thank you.  I have sent a pm with my address.  I will let you know if I need more.

I will start taking pictures as the squares come in.

Terri is going to love this big hug from us.

Thank you .  So far about 28 have been promised.  I am hoping some are coming in that I was not told about.

I am getting excited to see the patterns and colors used. 

7 minutes ago, Empress Busy Bee said:

My husband got mine in the mail yesterday and they should be there Monday.  Since he mailed them I didn't get a chance to get a note or anything in there.  Sorry about that.

No problem  I really appreciate the help.  I will post pictures as soon as I get them and I will let you know.

Thank you all so much.  When all the promised squares come in, I will have my 30.  Any messages or whatever you send, will go with the afghan.  Wow really pretty.

Today the mailman dropped some envelopes and ran.  I got 4 envelopes. I will be putting them each in their own post.  These two are from  Empress Busy Bee.  So Pretty

Empress Busy Bee Comfortghan (7).jpg

Empress Busy Bee Comfortghan (6).jpg

Archived