Amigurumi help- stitches off

Carters_Aunt

Question

Hi, I have completed several amigurumis in the past and I am now working on a unicorn. For some reason, I am having a really hard time with this pattern. I'm working on the front leg on row 18. I have counted my stitches from row 17 and I had 24, but at the end of row 18, I only end up with 15. Please help!

Here is the link to the pattern.

http://littleyarnfriends.com/post/24411665124/crochet-pattern-lil-baby-unicorn

3 answers to this question

Welcome to Crochetville!

I agree with Kathy that round 18 is 6 decreases.  I'm chiming in to explain the math.  I'm pretty sure you know the math, since you've done several amis. To me, sometimes seeing the math spelled out explains a frustrating round.  It's what I do for myself when a round's count isn't matching the pattern.

• Start: 24 stitches
  • Instructions: sc 2, dec around
  • End: 18 stitches

sc, sc is 2 stitches + dec is make 2 stitches into 1 stitch.  So each repeat is 4 stitches to make 3 stitches.  4 x 6 = 24 - 6 = 18.

When I run across something like this (where you increase or decrease every so many stitches) I do a little counting-mantra in my head as I work around; in your case it would be: one, two, de-, crease (where 'de-' is working the first stitch of the decrease, and 'crease' the second stitch).

Archived