The photos are so large when they are inserted into a post. I tried making mine smaller but it is still so big when I add it to a post. I see other people's photos are very large too. Is there a way to resize the photos when we upload and insert them into a post? I am sure the super large photos are using lots of bandwidth on Crochetville and it would be nice to have them smaller. 

I read in another post they were going to think about what to do about the photo size.   I am liking it this way because it is so much nicer on my phone than it was with the old set up.

Sometimes (in other programs) if you save a pic in a format that uses less memory (or adjust your camera to take a lesser quality pic), the pic shows up smaller.  I just tried that in the scratch pad, and it didn't work on this forum - smaller format file was about a fifth the (memory) size of the original, but it was the same physical size.  So...that doesn't work.

Oh goodness gracious.  This is my first time on with a computer and wow those pictures are huge!  I pretty much always use my phone anymore so I didn't have a clue how large they were using a computer.  So far this software is set so that it is working so much nicer on my phone than the old software did. The difference is incredible.   The old software had a full version and mobile version and neither worked very well on a phone.  

dumb question from me....I'm not sure why it matters if the pics are large? Is a big photo a negative for some people?   I'm either on my iPad or desktop and they seem ok to me.  

It doesn't bother me, and I can see if you're viewing on a small device it'd be an improvement. On the old forum software the pic was small but expandable.  

I wonder if the 'ville software sets a limit to the 'bigness' allowed.  I noticed Amy posted some test pics in the scratch pad, and while they were large, they filled my screen (19" monitor) BUT none of the pics overran the screen; same thing seems to happen on a few show-and-tells I looked at just now.  I have relatives that email pics of new grandkids where I can see the top of the head, scroll down the eyebrows.....I have to download & resize them to look at them properly.  Maybe the new software doesn't have the 'thumbnail to big' option that the old software did, so they picked fill-the-frame-big.

On 10/2/2017 at 5:44 AM, lhendrix35 said:

My first one was too big.  I try to remember to use an editor to make them smaller.  Cuts the time for uploading, too

I found a cure for the super large photos of mine. If you go back into edit you can re-size the photo using the handles on the photo.  Now at least I know how to do that. But you must upload the photo first before you can re-size it.  I don't think that option was available when I first posted this question. Happy to see there is a work-around now to fix my huge photos.