Tampa Doll

Lion Brand Pelt yarn

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried the Lion Brand Pelt yarn?  My question is, is it the pelt longer than the fun fur?  Also, is it softer than the fun fur and the boa?

I want to use it on a Chewbacca stuffy.

HI Mary Jo!

I hadn't heard of it, so I went looking.  LB has a video at http://www.lionbrand.com/pelt-yarn.html

From the video, it looks like it's about the same length as fun fur.  It may be a little thicker than fun fur, but then again I've only used a strand of fun fur with a strand of worsted.  It came out sparse looking, which is what I wanted.  ( I was making grass.)  The lady on the video said it's "super soft."  But, feeling soft is all relative. 

I think it would make an absolutely adorable wookie!  I loved your wookie that you posted here a while back.  :)

Thank you.  I was hoping to hear from someone who used it.  It is hard to find and at some places very expensive.  Maybe I will just go with boa this time.

I hope you get someone that's used it to answer.  It looks like it's new.  Maybe order 1 skein and see if you like it.  Knowing how creative you are, you'll use it for something.

I haven't even seen it.

You could use regular yarn and brush it.  I've seen that a few times on Ravelry and Pinterest.  :)