Tampa Doll

C’ville June 2017 tote

40 posts in this topic

June is here and so is Summer.  This has been one crazy year for weather, so it should be exciting to see what is in store for us.

June is the month for Weddings, Graduations, Birthdays and of course Father’s Day.  It is also the one month that our gardens are in full bloom, be they vegetable or flower. 

The main color that reminds me June the most is Green.  There are so many shades around us, from deep dark green to new green.

I always looked forward to June, as a full summer to stay out and play, not having to go to school, until High School.

Summer meant BBQ’s and lots of fresh fruit and cold drinks.  Snow cones and the Ice Cream man coming around on his truck.  We never miss him, as our dog loved ice cream and would let us know when he was coming.  Mom always bought him a dish of vanilla just for himself.  Can we say spoiled?  We did not have pools then, but Dad would hook the garden hose to the top our out 6’ flag pool and put a spray nozzle on the end, so us kids could run under it to keep cool.  It faced the alley, so we did not have to worry about cars.

No air back then either.  It was windows open with screens and window fans.  During the day, the upstairs windows were closed with the fans pulling out the hot air and the downstairs windows were open with the fans pulling the air in.  We lived in a row home, or what is now called a townhouse.

This month’s tote is called Summer Flowers.  The tote is Peaches and Cream in green Ombre’ with green sides and cream handles for the leaves.  The pocket is yellow (sun), brown hook (earth) and French Rose (flowers).  The rose at the top is pink.  As usual a couple of surprises are added.

Let’s say Hello to tote #135 Summer Flowers.  GIF

sp 135 Crochetville CXXXV June Summer Flowers  2017.JPG 

Edited by Tampa Doll
Added GIF
6 people like this

Beautiful, that's a really nice shade of green in the bag, and I like the symbolism of the other colors.

1 person likes this

Just beautiful, Mary Jo.  Love the green for summer.

1 person likes this

Another nice tote.   Mother's day thru Father's day my family also had three birthdays so it was already busy without throwing in the graduations and weddings.  Now we are down to just the two June birthdays.  We had one of those flat green hoses with the holes in it  so it sprayed and misted the whole length of the hose  played and run thru.  We didnt have ac either and had window fans.

1 person likes this

Great colors for June! Another home run. :)

1 person likes this

What a beautiful tote! I love reading your stories each month about your family, childhood and memories. What a sweetie you are for making these wonderful bags each month for some lucky person. :manyheart

1 person likes this

Absolutely stunning.  We don't have central AC here in our house in Michigan,we did finally buy a window unit for our bedroom last year,but the rest of the house we make do with fans.  After more than twenty years of Maryland's heat and humidity the little bit we get here is a cakewalk. ;)  I hope everybody has a wonderful Summer this year.

1 person likes this

It's lovely!. You always pick just the right color for the handle to perfectly offset the rest of the bag.

1 person likes this

And here we are on the verge of summer. The end of May has been cooler and rainier than normal. Still wearing a sweatshirt outside!  Today is another dreary day. This tote sure makes me think of summer and warmer days ahead!  The only good thing about the cooler May is I'm saving on not using my central AC. I wonder how I ever survived growing up without AC!! Lol  

i always liked June because going to catholic schools, we got out of school for the summer earlier than my public school friends  and June was the month we celebrated both my grandma and my mom's birthdays!

1 person likes this

Another great tote.

how did we survive without AC back then?

Awesome Tote Mary Jo!!

I love the term "new green" and I use it all the time in early Spring. =)

Now to wait for the clues.

1 person likes this

Good Morning Everyone.

The tote left yesterday afternoon.  I happen to catch the mailman as he left a package for me.

So it is on it's way and should be delivered Saturday.

Let's see what can I tell you about this state that you do not already know?:think

On April 30th in 1803, this state was part of the Louisiana Purchase.

Mary Jo ~ I see you are going to make us work really hard to guess this one! :lol   :wink

Edited by Skysmom
1 person likes this

Without checking google, I have no clue. Lol

1 person likes this

Sorry Guys, I did not mean to do that to you.

Let's try another.

This state was admitted to the union on Aug. 10, 1821 as the 24th state.

Have fun.

from something you said awhile back,I think I know who is getting it

she will be so happy

1 person likes this

The tote is very, very close.

These people are from the state.

President Harry Truman, General Pershing and the author Mark Twain.

Oh yeah, this state also shares a city with another state.

Have fun.  :devil

2 people like this

I figured out the state...can't wait to see who receives it!

1 person likes this

TOTE DELIVERED. 

Now we wait.

1 person likes this

hope to hear the squeals of joy real soon

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

The tote is very, very close.

These people are from the state.

President Harry Truman, General Pershing and the author Mark Twain.

Oh yeah, this state also shares a city with another state.

Have fun.  :devil

It's gotta be MISSOURI, right? :heehee   Kansas City is a twin city, and Pres. Truman's home is in our neck of the land, in Carthage.

(and I got my June tote this morning ~ :hug)  Thank you SO much, Mary Jo!  I love it, and the hot pad and row counter, too!  You didn't have to do it, girl!  But you are so sweet and generous!  I love my GREEN!  and the hot pad goes perfectly in my kitchen ~ :manyheart

1 person likes this