Hello everyone!

curiousm

I've done some crocheting off and on for some years but now I'm starting to settle down and get a little creative with filet crochet. I'm 61 and work at a factory making auto parts. I've moved around a bit till I came here in 1996. I guess it was time to grow roots. I'm looking forward to meeting new people and sharing new ideas. I recently created my first filet crochet project that turned out to be a bit larger than I expected. But for a first attempt I think I did ok. Here's a picture attached. As you can see I haven't blocked it yet. I thought I could iron it sense it is a bit larger than my pinning board. But for my next project I was hoping to get some ideas on how to create  a piece by changing colors to highlight the designs. I do like a challenge. 

14959937258621412516658.jpg

Welcome to Crochetville!

It's very nice!  You did wonderfully, especially for your first fillet.  You probably already know this, but check the thread label to make sure it's safe for ironing.  I'd hate to see you scorch or melt your work.

I have my own way of blocking larger objects...

• Dampen the project or wash in washing machine (if it's washing machine safe.)
  • Make a sandwich on a hard floor or very low-pile carpet...
    • Towel
    • Project
    • Towel
    • Heat from an iron, either very quick strokes or just steam
    • Cardboard or books
    • Weights  of any kind
  • Remove from the sandwich 5-7 days later

On 5/28/2017 at 5:45 PM, redrosesdz said:

Welcome to Crochetville!

It's very nice!  You did wonderfully, especially for your first fillet.  You probably already know this, but check the thread label to make sure it's safe for ironing.  I'd hate to see you scorch or melt your work.

I have my own way of blocking larger objects...

• Dampen the project or wash in washing machine (if it's washing machine safe.)
  • Make a sandwich on a hard floor or very low-pile carpet...
    • Towel
    • Project
    • Towel
    • Heat from an iron, either very quick strokes or just steam
    • Cardboard or books
    • Weights  of any kind
  • Remove from the sandwich 5-7 days later

That's a great idea. I'll have to try that. Thanks.

Archived