Hi! I'm Michelle from BC's Fraser Valley

Hi, all! I'm Michelle from the Fraser Valley in southwestern BC, Canada. I'm 47 & I've never been married & have no children. I do have a ginger cat named Dublin, who often supervises my crochet.

Crochet's been part of my life since childhood, but I wasn't a regular crocheter until about six or seven years ago, & it became a huge part when I worked steady nights at a gas station for two years. It was back in the fall of 2011 that it became a part of me.

I'm an avid reader as well, & as with books, I have to have two or three projects on the go, or else I quickly become bored of a thing. Having more than one on the go at a time really helps to keep my interest.

Learning new techniques & patterns is fun to me, & I love coming up with my own designs, which have all been fairly simple 'til now. I plan on coming up with more intricate designs in the future.

Right now I'm learning C2C (corner two corner) crochet & will teach myself to follow a graph.

Freeform crochet is my favourite crochet, although hairpin lace & broomstick lace, Tunisian & crohooking - any crochet, really - are all great to me.

Other things that I love to do are reading (as I said earlier), writing, photography, music (piano, singing), cycling, hiking, & just plain being outside.

I'm very glad to be a part of Crochetville, & I look forward to getting to know others here. ?

I've attached a picture of my cat Dublin showing off my first C2C project, a baby blanket for my first future niece or nephew. Here, you can see the first bit - a pale yellow & grey (I know the colours don't show up quite right here) - & the yarn is Baby Luv. Here's the link:  http://easyknityarns.ca/babyluvyarns.htm ?

DSCN0958.JPG

Hi :hi and Welcome :welcome   to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

I have made a couple of the c2c and love the way they look.

Hi, TampaDoll, & thank-you! I'm excited about C2C - it always looks so cool in the pictures, & I find it works up quickly. ☺

Archived