Donna

Crochetville forum is back online!

3 posts in this topic

We are back! Thank you so much for enduring this long wait. Things may look a little different around here because the forum software has been updated to the most recent version.

In addition, our new URL is now: https://forum.crochetville.com/ instead of http://crochetville.com/community 

Please let us know if you have any questions!

4 people like this

It does look a little different around here due to the software upgrade. I know many of you are very used to the way the forum has looked and operated for years, and some may have difficulty getting used to the new way things will be working. Donna and I are learning new things, too. 

Please understand that this sudden change was not planned at all. We've known for awhile that we would need to upgrade soon, because our old forum version was end of life and no longer being supported. That means it's prime season for the unsavory people to start hacking and causing damage to forums using old software, just for the fun of it. And since the old software is no longer being supported, we wouldn't be able to get any help if that happened. We planned to upgrade later this summer, after taking time to learn how the new software works.

Unfortunately, we were thrown a major kink when we had to upgrade server software to make something on the blog website function. That broke the old forum software completely, and it had to be upgraded. The upgrade process took an incredibly long time. We haven't had the ability to learn enough to be able to help everyone adapt. 

I'm on vacation and haven't had a chance to play around. I'm heading home tomorrow, and will work on preparing a "tips and tricks" post when I get back, if it's actually needed. A quick look around seems to show that most things are going to work prett closely to the way they did before.

As Donna said, if anyone has questions or problems with the way something works now, leave a comment here and let us know. We'll do our best to address everything as quickly as we can.

3 people like this

Sorry, there was a typo in the new forum URL I posted above. It has been corrected.

(Thank you @USpolishgirl for alerting me to my error!)

2 people like this