Hello I am new.

Hello everyone.

My name is Kat. I just joined today. I have been crocheting for a few years now. I learned from my nanna and you tube, starting from the granny square to boots to amigurumi. I'm interested in crochet jewellery and looking at being a pattern tester. I have a nephew and niece from my two younger sisters. I am in-between jobs and looking after my dad. I also interested in selling crochet items that I can make from patterns. :waving

Welcome to Crochetville!

A request for pattern testers is few and far between here.  Typically the testers are paid by receiving a free copy of the completed pattern.  Selling crochet items does pay, but not a lot.  There's been a great deal of discussions on here about pricing items.  The consensus seems to be if you're selling locally, like at a craft fair, then check what other crafters are selling their crochet/knit items for.  If you're selling online, then 2x or 3x the cost of materials.  You don't get paid for your time.

At craft fairs near me, dishcloths, tea towel toppers, key chains and bath cloths with soap, sell the best, because they are priced at $5 or less.  Baby items, including small amigurumi (if it's well done) sell, too.  Shawls and bigger afghans take a long time to sell locally, because most people don't plan to spend that much at a craft fair.  Other items don't sell well. 

If you plan to sell online, check out Etsy.  There are probably other places, but Etsy seems to be the most popular.  Holiday items tend to sell well. 

Good luck!

ETA:  Check to see if a pattern has a disclaimer about selling the item once it's made.  Most patterns allow you to make the items for yourself and as gifts, but not for selling.  To be safe, you can contact the designer to see if they allow selling the item.

Archived