Christmas Tree Skirt - Primitive Pines

redrosesdz

I just finished making a yo-yo Christmas Tree Skirt - Primitive Pines.  I know this is a weird time of year to make a Christmas tree skirt.  However, last Christmas I was at my grandson's mom's new home and she didn't have one for her tree.  This month is her birthday.  So, I got busy and made her a birthday present for next Christmas!

This was my first yo-yo project.  They are a lot of fun to make, especially when you join as you go.  There are 400 yo-yos in the skirt.  (The pattern calls for 390, but I added some so that I could put buttons in the back for closure.)  I also added a border and tassels to the original pattern.  Please let me know what you think.  I wanted something both pretty and sturdy, since she's raising boys.  Do you think she'll like it?

post-57407-0-17343800-1493773082_thumb.jpg  post-57407-0-03600000-1493773051_thumb.jpg  post-57407-0-39106300-1493773065_thumb.jpg  post-57407-0-08626200-1493773095_thumb.jpg

(All the pictures are right side up for once!!! Hooray!)

Oh, that came out beautiful! I'll bet she was stunned to see you did all that work for her!

Thank you, ladies!!

Joyce, she was happy, but not stunned.  Her mom crochets and knits beautifully!!  She's grown up around around fiber crafts, so I think she knows how much time and work it takes, but is so used to it that she takes that part in stride.

Funny side note:  When she was pregnant with my grandson, she and my son had us all go out to dinner together.  Her dad made a comment to me about "having too much yarn."  My response was, "there's no such thing."  He rolled his eyes and her mom and I had an instant bond.  LOL

Sharon that skirt is very beautiful! :)

You put a lot of work in to that and everything is perfect. I can not even imagine making ALL those little pieces and joining them together.... Can you estimate the time how long it took you to do all of that?.

Krys

PS: I am back, my AOL browser is causing all those problems. Today I used Explorer to get here and it worked:).

Thanks Krys!

It took about 7 minutes per circle, including the jaygo and weaving in ends as I finished each yo-yo.  (A little longer when I was at yarn group due to talking and laughing.  LOL)  The yo-yo's are simple... ring, rnd 1: 12 dc, rnd 2: ch-3 with sc join around.  The border took an hour or two.  I finished it in a little over 3 weeks.

Glad to see that you're back!  Check your AOL browser's setting.  It may have added Crochetville to some block list in the advanced settings.  If yes, just remove it from the list.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived