Cold Canadian Looking to Warm Up!

DeltaRidge

Hi all! 

As the title suggests I live in Canada, on the frozen prairies where it is cold as holy hell 6 months out of the year. I don't actually mind the cold to be honest I like it better then when it is painfully hot for a few months out of the year. It is because of our climate I think that I thought to pick up crochet as a hobby. Initially I started with knitting and failed hard repeatedly. Then I decided to pick up the crochet hook this year and haven't looked back.  I really like crochet I even joined a local stitch and bitch group (they are all knitters though but yarn craft is yarn craft!). I live in my tiny house with a plethora of pets and my husband. My crochet is probably about 35% pet hair lol. 

Anyhoo nice to meet all of you! 

Most of the year it's cold here too, in the Finger Lakes area of New York State. That's when it isn't July and August.

I'm a kitty lover too. Is there such a thing as crochet without cat hair in it? Hmmm.

You'll love Crochetville!

Hi from eastern Ontario near Pembroke and Petawawa

I love crocheting and really getting into it more and more. Love connecting with new people and learning new ideas and patterns to try and love seeing what others make.

Hi from eastern Ontario near Pembroke and Petawawa

I love crocheting and really getting into it more and more. Love connecting with new people and learning new ideas and patterns to try and love seeing what others make.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi from BC's Fraser Valley!! Yay for those prairie winters, although we definitely had a good, healthy taste of it here this winter, that's for sure!! I love the cold & can't stand the heat.

Nice to see another Canadian here. Methinks there're a few of us here. ☺

Archived