Tampa Doll

C’Ville Tote May 2017

55 posts in this topic

April showers bring May flowers.  We are now in the month or soon to be of flowers.  I sit here and I can see my neighbor’s Gardenia tree.  It is in full bloom and when I walk out to the pool, I can smell it.  It is dark green with beautiful white blossoms.  Amazing, since we have had no rain.

My Mom always loved May, as she loved the fact that the forsythia was in bloom, along with the honey suckle at the back of the porch and soon she would see her beautiful climbing roses.  They were yellow with a touch of red and the smell was amazing.  Opening the windows of my bedroom was above the porch and the fragrance was sweet and beautiful.

I wanted to work with the promise of buds and green.  I used Peaches and Cream green ombre.’ The back is lime green and the sides and handles are brown.  The pocket is lime green with brown hook and writing and finished off with a yellow rose.  It reminds me of trees coming into full bloom. 

We decided to call this one Woodland Glades.  A woodland glade is an open area in the middle of the woods.  It has the green of the grass and leaves and the brown of the tree bark.

Say hello to Tote # 134 Woodland Glades.

post-105-0-62105100-1493224965_thumb.jpg  Check me out

As you can see I did not make anything this month, I added a hook and a thumb row counter.

5 people like this

beautiful tote,MaryJo

we have a gardenia,too soon for it to bloom,the fragrance is lovely,its at the side of our house( southern exposure)

2 people like this

Such a good job putting those colors together. It is going to be much loved.

1 person likes this

Very nice:). I like the colors.

I think I know who is getting that bag. On the other hand I could be wrong LOL.

Krys

1 person likes this

Ahhh!  The smells and colors of Spring!  Just lovely!!  :)

We've had our share of April showers this year, so I'm ready for the May sun and flowers.  We did have a couple of sunny days right before Easter.  My 4 yo grandson was thrilled at seeing the flowers and butterflies when we went for a walk.  Your tote reminds me of his smile.

Edited by redrosesdz
1 person likes this

The forsythia here in Michigan has already bloomed and dropped it's petals.  Now all our trees are getting their leaves. :)   I love this month's bag it's perfect.

1 person likes this

A beautiful bag!

I loved my grandmother's honeysuckle bush, it smelled so wonderful.

I was right, I do know who is getting that bag.

BUT, I am not telling! LOL

Krys

1 person likes this

Thank you all.  I liked these colors together.  They looked so Spring like.

I do miss so many plants that we can not have down here like forsythia and Lilac bushes.  They always reminded me that summer was just around the corner. 

Mary Jo do you have Crape myrtle down there,I don't remember?

Edited by pineknott
1 person likes this

Beautiful!  I love Gardenias - they were my mother's fav flower.....And my Lithuanian grandmother (dad's mom) grew gorgeous roses in the little plot of dirt behind her 4 story apartment building. She always saved coffee grounds, egg shells and fish heads for fertilizer.

April showers bring May flowers.  We are now in the month or soon to be of flowers.  I sit here and I can see my neighbor’s Gardenia tree.  It is in full bloom and when I walk out to the pool, I can smell it.  It is dark green with beautiful white blossoms.  Amazing, since we have had no rain.

My Mom always loved May, as she loved the fact that the forsythia was in bloom, along with the honey suckle at the back of the porch and soon she would see her beautiful climbing roses.  They were yellow with a touch of red and the smell was amazing.  Opening the windows of my bedroom was above the porch and the fragrance was sweet and beautiful.

I wanted to work with the promise of buds and green.  I used Peaches and Cream green ombre.’ The back is lime green and the sides and handles are brown.  The pocket is lime green with brown hook and writing and finished off with a yellow rose.  It reminds me of trees coming into full bloom. 

We decided to call this one Woodland Glades.  A woodland glade is an open area in the middle of the woods.  It has the green of the grass and leaves and the brown of the tree bark.

Say hello to Tote # 134 Woodland Glades.

attachicon.gifsp 134 Crochetville CXXXIV May Woodland Glades 2017.JPG  Check me out

As you can see I did not make anything this month, I added a hook and a thumb row counter.

Oh! how beautiful!  Love the "woodland glades" name and it's GREEN! :D   Your gardenias I'm sure are so beautifully fragrant, Mary Jo.  My favorite flower, along with carnations.  I need to find out if I can grow them here in Missouri, especially since our winters aren't real bad here towards the southern parts.  I love all the smells and colors of Spring!  I really love my lilac bushes, too, when they come into bloom, this whole month!  That's the only purty smellin' flowers I have right now . . . hoping to get more planted around here ~ :D

Edited by Lovin2Crochet

Pineknott we do have Crape myrtle down here.  I could of gotten them for the back, but went with the holly trees instead.

Lovin2crochet, you should be able to grow gardenia, as your winters can not be much warmer than ours and they grow like crazy down here.

Mary Jo, this month's tote is marvelous.  I love the green.

1 person likes this

Another gorgeous tote! Someone will be so happy.

1 person likes this

been so long since i have gotten to see one of your bags. they are just as gorgeous as i remembered.  Still enjoying my bag.

1 person likes this

Beautiful bag! May is a wonderful month isn't it? I always enjoy it. Sorry I missed last month, things have been a little crazy around here. I did see last months bag and that was beautiful too! (of course)

1 person likes this

Beautiful!  

Having moved from a fairly temperate climate (not much difference between winter/summer) to one where it's (to my definition) winter 6 months of the year, I really appreciate the coming of spring!

1 person likes this

Another beautiful tote Maryjo =)

1 person likes this

Love the colors!, and loving how the trees are budding, dogwood flowers blooming, lilac and forsythia and honeysuckle in bloom. Spring has sprung !

1 person likes this

Love the colors :manyheart   So pretty :manyheart 

Everything is in full bloom here.  We skipped winter here this year again.

Which is ok by me =)

Great Tote Mary Jo.

1 person likes this

The tote is on the stoop waiting to be picked up.

Here are a couple of clues to help.

There are 2 Presidents from this state and one very well known First Lady.  In-fact if I remember she had ice cream named after her.

post-105-0-76485200-1493470541_thumb.jpg