flower motif

manyroses

Question

7 answers to this question

Welcome to Crochetville!

The first thing you need to do is learn the basic crochet stitches and how to crochet in the round.  Unfortunately, teaching you those things is something that we can't do.  Different people learn by different methods.  Here are some things that you can do to learn to crochet...

• Find a local crochet class.  Go to a local yarn shop and ask.  If you have JoAnn's or Michael's stores near you, they may have classes, too.
  • Watch youtube videos.  There are ton of free videos out there on how to crochet.
  • Learn online from some experts.  I highly recommend craftsy classes, the crochet crowd and stitch diva.
  • Learn from a book.  Go to your local library and check out a book on how to crochet.  If you don't find a good one, look for a book at anywhere that sells yarn or on amazon.
  • Learn one on one from someone who crochets.  If you know someone, ask them.  If you don't, look for a yarn group that has a crocheter.  You can find local yarn groups by asking at local yarn shops, libraries, coffee shops, senior centers, churches or anywhere else that people gather.

When you've done that, then we can help you figure out a pattern, if you're stuck.  We can't recreate a pattern from a picture or tell you an entire pattern, due to copyright laws.  Good luck!

ETA:  :waving @ Kathy!  You slipped in before I finished typing again.  LOL  By the way, the OP hasn't learned how to crochet, yet.  Or did I miss something reading the post?  Might be me misreading it!

Archived