Circle Vest for large Women?

CraftyHooker

Question

4 answers to this question

She can always measure across her back, the way she would for a shrug, and she would know for sure. If making it wide enough in the shoulders without having it too long might be a problem, you could add partial rows on either side of the center or work with extra-tall stitches so it forms an oval.

I agree with Becky. I'd add to the center back piece on each side only.

The vest looks plenty long enough for anyone, even a quite tall woman. Also the armholes are very large, so they shouldn't be a problem.

If, when you finish, the woman wants it to wrap around her more, add to the outside side edges only until she is happy with the width. I am thinking oval shape also.

Don't know if you saw my comment on the other comment page or not.  I emailed the designer of this circle vest, and she said it measures 75".

No, I didn't see your other comment. 75". Hmm. 6'3". Well that's certainly long and wide enough for anyone.

I'm 5'10" and I'd probably have to leave some rounds off or I'd be walking all over it!

It's probably designed this way so each vest can be custom made to fit the wearer by stopping at a comfortable point.

Archived