Joining rounds.

Gemma417

Question

Hi,  I am making a bag to keep my wool in.  Im crocheting 16 squares then joining them together. The pattern im using for the individual squares is in the round But when i slip stitch and join a new colour on the next round it makes a bump on the edge so the square isnt flat on one edge.  Can anyone help me with what im doing wrong. Thank You. 

Ive attached some pictures of the squares.

post-79637-0-49030100-1490984616_thumb.jpg

4 answers to this question

Welcome to Crochetville!

I think what you want to know is how to change color, rather than joining a new round.  To change yarn, for either a new color or because one ran out, do a stitch all the way until you have 2 loops left on your hook.  Drop the old yarn.  Pick up the new yarn.  Yarn over with the new yarn and finish the stitch.  Make sure you have enough tail on both the old and the new.  You can crochet over the tails for a couple of stitches to anchor the tails.  Weave the tails under in different directions.

An alternative for this particular pattern is to move the spot where you start/stop the round, to the corner instead of the middle of a side.  The changing spot will be less obvious.  In your pattern, if you make the other change that Redrosesdz suggested, I'd follow the pattern as is until the white row, then start the white & subsequent rounds in a corner.

Gemma, we love to help people who are having trouble with patterns, but we have to do so while respecting copyright laws. Our forum policies state that images of pattern charts are not allowed.

If you have more questions, you can post the instructions for the one row/round you're having trouble with, and possibly the previous row/round if that is needed for clarity.

Alternatively, you can tell us where the pattern was published or provide a link to the pattern. That way, if it's a free patterns, others can download the pattern to try and help you; if it's a paid pattern, someone who has purchased the pattern can try to help you.

Archived