patterns for sale - Annies

So I was searching for afghan ideas for a 7-8 year old boy.   On an Esty Shop, came across pattern pages for sale from Annie's Crochet/Pattern Books that date back to the late 1970's at $3.00 each.   Isn't this illegal??

If they are selling the actual physical pages cut out of the books , that doesn't violate the copyright as far as I know. If they sell scans or other copies of the pages, that would violate the copyright.

I ran into this on a different site when I was searching for a pattern that someone needed help understanding.  It was a download for sale, so I know it wasn't the original paper.  Since they didn't own the pattern, I couldn't post a link to it. 

Kathy is right, you can sell something that you own, like a booklet or the physical pages from that book, but not something that you don't own, like copies of someone's pattern.

I 'booked marked' that site.... she is selling them as PDF Download.   I have these books which is why I recognized the pictures.

AND if she's selling as PDF Download, then it is illegal, right???

I got on Annie's site and there was a section about 'infringement /copyright'.   So I sent them URL for the Esty shop and explained that I recognized the pictures as I have them in the publications that I have at home as I used to subscribe to them.    So, it's in their hands now.    I've seen the actual books for sale, but not individual ones as PDF.    

Archived