A big Hello to everyone from Tennessee!

paulakaytn

Hi,post-79543-0-86696000-1489585920_thumb.jpg everyone! My name is Paula and I'm pretty new to crochet! I have been teaching myself how to crochet since this past summer and I swear I learn something new every day!  I have learned the most from watching Youtube video tutorials! I find them easier sometimes to learn from them than an actual pattern but I am getting better at reading patterns, I just like to follow along with a video to help in case I get stuck! No one in my family was ever into crafts, let along knitting or crochet and I've always wanted to learn crochet and how to quilt. My first project was a gray C2C which is sitting on the back of my couch! Since then, I have made a couple more c2c's as gifts, a beautiful shells blanket, 2 cosy stripe blankets, 8 messy bun hats, 6 different kinds of scarves, fingerless gloves and a pom-pom hat! I usually have a few projects going at the same time and always have a tote bag ready to take to doctor appointments etc.  This week I was approached to sell my latest throw blanket and I am still quite in shock that someone liked it that much and they were willing to pay for it! I had no clue as to what to charge for it, so I asked a few people in my facebook crochet groups and as always they were beyond helpful and very supportive!  Money has been very tight for my family lately, so the money I made off the blanket really came in handy! It took me just over 2 weeks to complete the blanket and I only spent about $25 in yarn because I ordered a color pack with 17 skeins from a store in the UK! When I named my price of $150 for the throw blanket, I was certain she was going to try and talk me down and maybe even say that was too expensive but she didn't do any of that- she just said, "OK, great!" She told me that she is opening a shop in a very pricey shopping area and wants to use the blanket in her storefront window-Talk about exciting! lol

I am looking forward to being a part of this group & getting to know you all!

Archived