Just Headbands...

USpolishgirl

Hello Everyone:)

Nothing special today, just plain headbands.. I would prefer to add a cute flower/flowers, but they (my granddaughters) will not let me do that LOL They think they are to old for that. I only like to crochet cute things. Plain headbands are boring for me to crochet  :(

Pattern for that headband on that first picture  (link below). That was made using 2 strands of WW yarn. That came out VERY thick, almost like a rug LOL. That headband is good to go out on a cold day but not too sit at school all day wearing that. Their ears would start sweating, that is what I told my daughter. I made another one using 1 strand of the same yarn, same stitches as that first one (second picture). 

That headband on third picture happened by "accident". I was trying to crochet Messy bun hat out of that yarn. That skein was small, I just did not had enough of that yarn for that hat. When I was ripping that I decided not to rip all of that. I left a band about 3,25" and crocheted edges around with sc and got that headband:). And that style became a favor of my daughter & my younger granddaughter. I never expected that LOL.

My daughter took them when she was here and I got "orders" for more of them.  I already made  7 or 8 more. .I will take a picture next week.

Head Hugger Headband pattern:

Happy crocheting:)

Krys

post-73590-0-06028400-1488437650_thumb.jpgpost-73590-0-13372000-1488437686_thumb.jpg

post-73590-0-92046600-1488437705_thumb.jpgpost-73590-0-21090000-1488437737_thumb.jpg

Kids are funny one year they want bows & ribbons the next year they want skulls and bones....Those are cute thou just perfect for winter weather...(in real winter places...temp in Phoenix is 60-80 that doesn't count was winter to me)

Sorry you think they are plain. Gosh I think they are great.

Thank you Brenda:)

I like to crochet things that after I am finished and I am looking at that it puts a smile on my face:. That is why I love to crochet amigurumi:) & things for little girls... Plain headbands or stuff for adults can not make me smile, nothing cute about that. Yes it can look nice but not cute LOL.

Krys

• 4 weeks later...

They are very pretty even though they are "plain"  :yes

If you are wanting to crochet :yarn  cute headbands, there's an organization that would love a donation www.bowdazzling.org   :mailbox

I'm working on some myself.

They are very pretty even though they are "plain"  :yes

If you are wanting to crochet :yarn  cute headbands, there's an organization that would love a donation www.bowdazzling.org   :mailbox

I'm working on some myself.

I do not have any headbands left to donate. I made 8 more of them and everything is taken by my granddaughters.. If I would make more  they would take that too LOL.

Krys

• 2 weeks later...

I missed this one! LOL

Yours are definitely not just plain. I love them all. They're so pretty.

I too made headbands for my DD, GD and 3 Grt-GD's, but silly me, didn't get them finished in time for the colder weather. It's too warm already where they live, so, they'll be ready for next late Fall and will get mailed then.

Thank you for sharing. :tup 

Archived