Looking for this pattern

faithas

Question

12 answers to this question

I don't think she actually is on Ravelry, as I don't see a user profile for her. Looks like she is on there as a designer only, which probably means that other people have entered the patterns into the database. But if she hasn't joined as an individual member of Ravelry she won't see the comment.

I don't think she actually is on Ravelry, as I don't see a user profile for her. Looks like she is on there as a designer only, which probably means that other people have entered the patterns into the database. But if she hasn't joined as an individual member of Ravelry she won't see the comment.

Thanks, Kathy!  I just learned something new.  :)

Faithas, I have a couple more thoughts for you.  the pattern you want could possibly be in one of the books you can see on the designer page http://www.ravelry.com/designers/joyce-vanderslice  so you might check for these books at your local public library.  even though the books are older, many libraries keep older books in the collection.  your library may be able to request them from another library if they don't have them.  

And while you are at the library i would look for other books of afghans and just stitch dictionaries of squares, because you may find something really similar by a different writer.  

Also on Ravelry you could post your query in the Patterns forum here http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/patterns/topics

Somebody there may recognize the pattern and know what book it is in.  And there is another possibilty there too:  someone may help you "reverse-engineer" the square (which is not allowed under the Crochetville guidelines, but is allowed on Ravelry.)  It seems to be a pretty straightforward pattern so that shouldn't be too difficult to do.  

Archived