ReniC

Lumberjack Flannelghan

I finally downloaded photos today for the Lumberjack Flannelghan by RoseRed I made for my GS's 20th birthday. GS loves it and it matches his bedroom perfect.

I used a M/ crochet hook and 1 strand each of RHSS Blue and Black yarns (3 skeins each color). After adding a round of sc around each strip, I would have preferred not to since I think it took away from the strips blending together better for the flannel look. Next time. :)

The pattern was very easy to follow with several tips. Thanks RoseRed!

post-17452-0-32536200-1487798535_thumb.jpg

post-17452-0-15953400-1487798553_thumb.jpg

post-17452-0-48515700-1487798562_thumb.jpg

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 3

That is so cool looking!  I love how using the 2 colors together give it the look of flannel.  :)

This is so cool.  I love the colors you used.

That looks great!

I LOVE that blanket:). You did great job. :clap

Yours is a lot nicer than the one on that picture-pattern.

I might try that, I think my granddaughters would like that.

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

Awe thank all of you. You are so kind.

One thing I forgot to mention, I used a mattress-stitch to join the strips and I probably should have used a whip stitch.

Sigh- oh well. The kid likes it. ( Can you believe- he still has the first baby blanket I made for him!)

I like it! Ah, the nitpicking of our own projects. I know it well. Reni, I think it looks lovely just the way it is! <3

Edited by Charis

Awe thank all of you. You are so kind.

One thing I forgot to mention, I used a mattress-stitch to join the strips and I probably should have used a whip stitch.

Sigh- oh well. The kid likes it. ( Can you believe- he still has the first baby blanket I made for him!)

Your mattress-stitch looks great!

I do not even know how to do that stitch LOL

Krys

I absolutely love it! What shade of blue did you use? How big are each of your squares ?  I see that it is 7 squares wide but how many tall? Just pickin' your brain for a future project  :)

Edited by froggy

I absolutely love it! What shade of blue did you use? How big are each of your squares ?  I see that it is 7 squares wide but how many tall? Just pickin' your brain for a future project  :)

The pattern is given in the link that Reni supplied in the first post.  :)

Hi Pam- I used RHSS Blue- E300-886. It's between a medium and a Royal Blue. I don't remember the color number for the Black.

I also made 7 panels 7- 9" squares each. I was going to make it 9 panels long because my grandson is tall, but ,it would have been too heavy since it's 2 strands of yarn.

First of all, I'm wondering how I missed this whole flannelghan phenomenon? Apparently its a pretty popular thing here on the ville and yet this is the first I have ever seen/heard of it. wow. It's gorgeous. I LOVE your color choices and this is definitely in my top 5 of next projects to do!!!

First of all, I'm wondering how I missed this whole flannelghan phenomenon? Apparently its a pretty popular thing here on the ville and yet this is the first I have ever seen/heard of it. wow. It's gorgeous. I LOVE your color choices and this is definitely in my top 5 of next projects to do!!!

Well that's easy enough to do. Sometimes there's so much going on here, I miss a lot too. The great part about the pattern is the range of color choices to make it masculine, feminine or neutral. Plus it's so easy to follow.

The only problem I had was the two RHSS colors I chose are not the same thickness (weight?) and some squares were a bit longer than others. So joining them was tricky in some spots. Can't wait to see what you choose in colors when you make yours. :)

Thanks! I am very indecisive about choosing colors. Will have to really think sbout it

Thanks! I am very indecisive about choosing colors. Will have to really think sbout it

If you need any help, let me know. I'll be glad to help.

I just love your lumberjack blanket! The colors are wonderful and I really want to try that pattern one of these days. It just has such a cool look.

I just love your lumberjack blanket! The colors are wonderful and I really want to try that pattern one of these days. It just has such a cool look.

Thank you Cindy. It's fast, easy and satisfying to make.

Great Job !

Thank you Amy!