Need help with Slipper Boots pattern please

myemerald

Question

The pattern is called "Slipper Boots" Design by Elsie Caddey, and the free pattern download can be found here:

https://www.anniescatalog.com/knitandcrochetnow/patterns/detail.html?pattern_id=29&series=2

My question is on the second page and involves Rows 16-29.

For Med & Large there are instructions for Rows 16-26.

For All Sizes there are instructions for Rows 16-29.

The row numbers are duplicated in the pattern, and I am very confused.  haha!

Thank you for any help you can offer. 

4 answers to this question

I think the pattern is the same as this one?  (I didn't want to sign up to another site)

http://www.free-crochet.com/detail.html?code=FC01341&cat_id=332

The pattern is same for all sizes thru row 15.  After that, I agree with you, this next part made me blink a few times, but it does make sense.

For medium and large, repeat row 3 for rows 16-18

For medium, repeat 15-22 consecutively

For large, repeat 19-26 consecutively

So if you have finished the above for your size, your last row for small is 15, for med is 22, for large is 26.  

The next instruction says, for all sizes, to repeat row 3 for rows 16-25(23-27,27-32) *

* the highlighted numbers immediately above are the next stitch to act on for the 3 sizes. (edited to move the asterisk and clarify which highlighted numbers I meant)

Hope this helps?

We can't see the pattern, so it's hard to say.  Usually when there is something confusing, it is explained in the notes before the pattern.  You have a couple of choices to get help, if it isn't explained already.  First, you can type exactly what it says for the confusing part.  A few rows to get help is okay, just not the whole pattern.  Second, you can contact them through the Customer Service link at the top of the page.

:waving GS!  Glad you found something similar.  :)

Yes, that is the same pattern!  You are absolutely correct with your interpretation, thank you so much.  I just couldn't seem to get past the Row 16 duplicating...LOL

Thank you :yay

I think the pattern is the same as this one?  (I didn't want to sign up to another site)

http://www.free-crochet.com/detail.html?code=FC01341&cat_id=332

The pattern is same for all sizes thru row 15.  After that, I agree with you, this next part made me blink a few times, but it does make sense.

For medium and large, repeat row 3 for rows 16-18

For medium, repeat 15-22 consecutively

For large, repeat 19-26 consecutively

So if you have finished the above for your size, your last row for small is 15, for med is 22, for large is 26.  *

The next instruction says, for all sizes, to repeat row 3 for rows 16-25(23-27,27-32)

* notice the highlighted numbers above are the next stitch to act on for the 3 sizes.

Hope this helps?

Archived