DeltaGirl17

Hello from Athens, GA

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I moved to Athens, GA six months ago from Raleigh, NC.  I'm hoping to find a crochet group in the area.  I love crocheting....love it better to crochet and chat.  I really miss my old group.  Anyone in the Athens area???

Edited by DeltaGirl17

Welcome to Crochetville!

It looks like Revival Yarns has a group.  If not, check with other yarn stores, coffee shops, book stores, libraries, churches and senior centers.

Hi :hi and Welcome :welcome   to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

1 person likes this

welcome to the ville!

i've visited Athens a couple of times, and went to Revival once.  I think it's a nice shop. :-)  If you want to look for additional possibilities for meeting, you can post here http://www.crochetville.com/community/forum/50-seeking-local-crocheters/  and look thru previous posts to see if anyone in the area has already posted.  

Also, are you on Ravelry?  There is probably at least one discussion group there already for people in the Athens area.

I agree that community centers, libraries etc may have info on groups.  Personally I would not look for only a crochet group, but for ones that include crocheters, knitters, other fiber arts as well.  that's what our local group is and it is a lot of fun.  

one last thought:  the Crochet guild of America has chapters in Georgia, don't know if any of these are close enough to Athens:

http://www.crochet.org/?ChapterList