redrosesdz

Solomon's Knot (aka Lover's Knot) Vest

16 posts in this topic

I tried my hand at the Solomon's Knot. Here is the result. It makes me feel like I'm back in the sixties.

post-57407-0-47966500-1487252515_thumb.jpg  post-57407-0-70359000-1487252594_thumb.jpg

ETA: I changed the pics to the right direction.  Huge thanks to Jayashiangel for image instructions!!!

Edited by redrosesdz
1 person likes this

That's lovely!  Gramma's a real hip chick!  ;) I'm glad you persevered (I assumed this is the project you were muttering under your breath about in earlier posts).  

1 person likes this

That's lovely!  Gramma's a real hip chick!   ;) I'm glad you persevered (I assumed this is the project you were muttering under your breath about in earlier posts).  

Yes, it was!  I just have to let my thumb heal now.  LOL

Thank you, both!!

:welcomeLooks better right side up :O) I really like this type of bolero style jacket :O) great job

1 person likes this

It's very pretty and looks great on you!

1 person likes this

Very nice!  That is a LOT of Solomon's Knots! lol  you are an expert on the stitch now!  

1 person likes this

LOL! I wouldn't say expert. You can see why the first rounds needed to lay flat.

I.... love it. Definately worth the effort.Great job!! I am partial to the look solomon's knots give, I think they are lovely.

1 person likes this

Sharon that is very pretty!:). I really like that.

I never tried Salomon's Knot and from what I read I probably never will LOL.

I just do not think I would have that much passions and make it to the end.... :angry

Krys

1 person likes this

Krys, it's not that difficult to do and it goes quick.  The biggest complaint I have is that I can't eyeball the loop size.  So, I had to use a measuring tool to make sure they were fairly even.  I used my thumb and made the knots too tight on it.  It got really sore.  That meant I could only do so many a day.  Instead of crocheting for a few hours each day, I was only crocheting for 15-30 minutes per day.  I kept trying to make the loops a bit looser on my thumb, but the yarn I was working with was slippery.  Give it a try!  You might really enjoy it.