2017 Mini Christmas Stocking Drive

RecycleCindy

I have been asked to start a 2017 thread for our Warmth for Warriors stocking drive. So here I go. For the last several years I have supported the troops each Christmas with a mini stocking drive. The Warmth for Warriors is a non-profit group dedicated to supporting our soldiers both active and retired. Here is the link to their homepage.

The Warmth for Warriors organization is again calling for crafters to help crochet, knit, or sew mini handmade Christmas stockings for the troops. Stockings should be around 6 inches long and any pattern style or color is accepted. Stockings that are a little smaller or larger are okay too.

Last year 1849 miniature stockings filled with soaps, toiletries, and candies were sent overseas to our troops as a little Christmas gifts. The little stockings filled with goodies are a wonderful way to say thank you to our troops and give them a little Christmas cheer during the holidays.

Shipping address for all USPS packages to:

Warmth for Warriors
PO Box 353
Rudyard, MI 49780

Deadline for shipping stockings to Warmth for Warriors and delivery to them is November 1, 2017.

Please join us this year in making mini Christmas stockings. Let's all post and share our ideas and projects while supporting our troops this year. Thank you all in advance for your help.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for starting the thread. My first envelope of 50 is ready to mail and another is started. Cindy I used your mini Christmas cuffed stocking pattern for some of them.

attachicon.gif20170215_104352.jpgattachicon.gif20170215_104450.jpg

Oh so cool and already 50 done this year! :cheer  Thank you so much for helping us out again this year.

Thanks for starting the thread. My first envelope of 50 is ready to mail and another is started. Cindy I used your mini Christmas cuffed stocking pattern for some of them.

attachicon.gif20170215_104352.jpgattachicon.gif20170215_104450.jpg

ALL of them are so cute!:) And sooooo many....

I better get to work! LOL.

Krys

• 1 month later...

I have posted the Waistcoat mini Christmas stocking pattern if anyone would like to crochet it. Here is the link to the free pattern. You can also just crochet the pattern in regular USA single crochet stitches. I have played around with the pattern and just worked regular SC stitches except for the stripes and graph pattern portions. Here is a photo of the two socks side by side.

Left one is regular SC stitches and right hand one is all Waistcoat stitches. Regular SC ends up being a bit bigger due to the denser stitches when you crochet the Waistcoat stitch.

post-10977-0-69754300-1489980660_thumb.jpg

Over at Good Things Together on Ravelry, we are having a sock along for the troops for the next several weeks. If you are making stockings and want to share them, we have 2 random prizes that will be given away for stockings made during the sock along. No need to be a member of the group. We are just promoting this year's stocking drive for Warmth for Warriors. Here is the link to read more.

Thanks again to everyone helping us out this year making stockings. :yay

Just want to share my two Gonzaga mini Christmas stockings I crocheted in honor of the team making it to the Final Four. Go Zags!

attachicon.gifZaga Mini Christmas Stockings.JPG

Love these, I always have to root for Gonzaga, even when we have some one from our state playing, because every year I have to say.." Now where is Gonzaga?  LOL... 

Hope to do 5 this coming up week...!

Love these, I always have to root for Gonzaga, even when we have some one from our state playing, because every year I have to say.." Now where is Gonzaga?  LOL... 

Hope to do 5 this coming up week...!

Thanks and we just love Gonzaga. I will be crocheting some additional stockings in their team colors today and tomorrow during the game. Go Zags!!

This is an awesome idea, and sounds like a great way to use up balls of yarn that might not be big enough for anything big! I would like to participate this year!

This is an awesome idea, and sounds like a great way to use up balls of yarn that might not be big enough for anything big! I would like to participate this year!

Welcome and so happy to have another crafter making stockings for the troops!

I have finished 12 stockings so far. Will try and get 2 more done tomorrow. My goal is 20 in the mail by next Saturday.

Thank you for making so many stockings for the troops. They will be so appreciated.

I can finally post that I have some stockings completed and can post pictures.

What wonderful group of stockings! I love the snowflake image you made on the 2nd one. Are those knitted or waistcoat stitching? I see you did a cuffed mini stocking too. Great job and I am so excited about all the stockings that are being made already this year.

Archived