judianne

Our House (Part Three)

Brenda, is he delaying or just has so much more stuff to go through?

Mona hope you have an enjoyable weekend retreat.            
Marisa,sounds like you are all set for the holidays.  Still waiting for some items to arrive and wrap

Our outdoor decoration are 2 deers this year with white lights, they have bronze sparkly body covering so I can enjoy looking at them during the day from the kitchen window Have a nice weekend all.

Hi ladies! It's great seeing everyone checking in....

Our Thanksgiving was quiet - DS brought handmade chocolates from a shop next to his office ...and his appetite! Lucy loves checking him out - she must smell his cat on his clothes...lol!

Stay well, my friends -  and Cindy, how are you doing?

Our Thanksgiving was VERY nice!  We took our next-door neighbor out for dinner--she's such a super neighbor!  Of course--we ALL overate!

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 9:00 AM, NCcountrygal said:

Brenda, is he delaying or just has so much more stuff to go through?

Mona hope you have an enjoyable weekend retreat.            
Marisa,sounds like you are all set for the holidays.  Still waiting for some items to arrive and wrap

Our outdoor decoration are 2 deers this year with white lights, they have bronze sparkly body covering so I can enjoy looking at them during the day from the kitchen window Have a nice weekend all.

He does things his way and his speed.  Just when I think he has gone thru everything he finds another box of personal papers.  Last ones belonged to his mom or dad.  There was a lot of stuff to go thru and there is a lot being left behind but the real reason he is dragging it out is so he will be there to feed the cats as long as possible.  He is going to worry about them and it upsets me to no end to move off and leave them.  I feel so guilty over it.  They are barn cats and want nothing to do with being inside cats.  We tried and would have taken them with us.  One is friendly the other is not except when she wants food.  They originated from the neighbor that bought our place.  For awhile they stayed at a different neighbors house.  Dh has spoiled them by feeding them twice per day and on demand. He gives them canned food and dry.   Last winter he took boxes and put them inside other boxes with styrofoam in between them and then put straw in them.  They used them.  When it was really cold he would take heated bricks out to them around 11pm.  Gives each one a separate bowl in different areas and changes water out daily for them. The girl that is going to be living at our place came down last week and recognized the cat that showed up this summer.  She was glad to see the cat and that she was ok.  She assured dh she would be feeding the cats so we bought a big sack of cat food to leave behind.  I am going to miss watching them and the hummingbirds. To top things off I have come down with a horrible cold. 

Brenda, hope you're feeling better soon. You've had so much going on--hope you will have some time to relax soon. Every time I think my brain will spontaneously combust because there's so much going on to keep up with, I think at least I'm not moving, too.

The knitting retreat was a fun relaxing time. Unfortunately a day back into reality is fast cancelling it out. LOL  I did accomplish a lot. Finished GS's blanket and just need to weave in the ends on DIL's blanket. Finished a scarf for an auction Wednesday, a small Christmas present (bottle holder) and just need to put the buttons on the greyhound sweater and mail it to DS.

I got down some of the Christmas boxes today and have made a start on decorating. I've already decided I won't use as much stuff as usual, just the tree, the mantle and the dining room table. I plan to have the GDs over to help decorate the tree Thursday, then I'll bake cookies Friday and wrap presents somewhere in there. No need to panic--there's still two weeks to get everything done. 

We're headed back to colder temps tomorrow with rain turning to a "wintry" mix. Hope to get back home before the mix starts. 

• Like 1

Thanks Mona.  Sounds like you are right on schedule for Christmas.    I havent been crocheting, getting ready for Christmas or really even thinking about Christmas.  

It sounds like 🐱 will have a person who will take care of them and other neighbors they can visit if they choose.🙂. It’s hard I understand because of the attachment y’all have. I hope the New Year brings peaceful and happy moments in your new dwelling.

Brenda, I understand your DH and his concern. We have friends who have been feeding stray cats for quite a while now. When they go away her sister comes over to take over the duties. They do a trap and neuter whenever they find one who hasn't been taken care of. I'm sure they'll be fine, especially since they are used to being outside.

Taking a minute to stop by.  It rained all day and night yesterday. Blech Grandson was a whirlwind of energy wore me out.  I pulled out a crochet fisherman cable sweater I made some years ago and adding some length to it.  Been intending on that for awhile.  Another pair of socks near completion and mulling over what’s next🙃

Hi ladies. Busy, busy, busy is how it goes around here.  Between Christmas, mil and bil, there’s always something or someone who needs something.  But I do finally feel better.

We spent all day today cleaning at bill’s house. It’s so dirty, cluttered, etc.  He will be immunosuppressed when he gets to come home from the hospital and he can’t go home in his homes current state.  It will probably mean weeks of work in our spare time.  

In happier news, I got the Christmas decorations up, including the tree.  Anything that doesn’t get used this year is going to be donated.  Christmas shopping is done, except for my son in law.  I delegated that to Dh.  About half the wrapping is done as well.

Hope you are all doing well.

:cake  Happy Birthday, Judy!  I hope you have a wonderful day. ♥♥♥

• Like 1

Happy Birthday, Judy! Hope your day is just like you wish.

Cindy, glad you're feeling better. Sounds like  a huge cleaning task.

Brenda, I hope you've found a new recliner and are getting some rest in the new place.

I kept the grands most of the day Friday. They decorated the bottom half of the tree. I checked off a good bit from my to-do list yesterday. Hope to do as well today.

• Like 1

Happy birthday 🎂🎊 Judy.  
Finally got this off my to do list. Need to get back on my pillow and making the paisley swirls.  Dgs  gone with his dad to work, enjoying the quiet moments.  He goes back to his mom later and will be back Wednesday. Wishing everybody a joy filled day 

FB7E3E3C-574B-4090-860C-7611F4BF8293.jpeg

Edited by NCcountrygal
Dogs equals DGS
  • Like 2

Hi peeps!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes...I had a very nice day - and DH has been spoiling me😍

On 12/14/2019 at 5:14 PM, Gardener said:

Hi ladies. Busy, busy, busy is how it goes around here.  Between Christmas, mil and bil, there’s always something or someone who needs something.  But I do finally feel better.

We spent all day today cleaning at bill’s house. It’s so dirty, cluttered, etc.  He will be immunosuppressed when he gets to come home from the hospital and he can’t go home in his homes current state.  It will probably mean weeks of work in our spare time.  You guys are so good - that is so hard trying to get someone else's place cleaned.

In happier news, I got the Christmas decorations up, including the tree.  Anything that doesn’t get used this year is going to be donated.We did that last year - it felt great to get rid of so much!  Christmas shopping is done, except for my son in law.  I delegated that to Dh.  About half the wrapping is done as well.

Hope you are all doing well.

On 12/15/2019 at 11:27 AM, NCcountrygal said:

Happy birthday 🎂🎊 Judy.  
Finally got this off my to do list. Need to get back on my pillow and making the paisley swirls.  Dgs  gone with his dad to work, enjoying the quiet moments.  He goes back to his mom later and will be back Wednesday. Wishing everybody a joy filled day 

FB7E3E3C-574B-4090-860C-7611F4BF8293.jpeg

That's beautiful! Love the color, too💞

Just need to vent. I ordered the grands a kids kindle so they will not be on mine. It came with the wrong size screen protector. I ordered the right size and now I can't find the new package that came earlier this week. I'm afraid I threw it away with a stack of catalogs. Just ordered a new one. It's just $9 but I'm really disgusted with myself.

Ok, deep breath. Forget it and move on.

Hope everyone is accomplishing whatever they need to this week!

How Frustrating!!!!  I never trust myself to put them on so I usually have them done locally.  Although I was surprised to find the place at the mall wouldn't do the bigger Kindle DH had to go to Best Buy to buy it and put it on. 

Wishing you peace as you move forward.

On 12/19/2019 at 6:22 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Just need to vent. I ordered the grands a kids kindle so they will not be on mine. It came with the wrong size screen protector. I ordered the right size and now I can't find the new package that came earlier this week. I'm afraid I threw it away with a stack of catalogs. Just ordered a new one. It's just $9 but I'm really disgusted with myself.

Ok, deep breath. Forget it and move on.

Hope everyone is accomplishing whatever they need to this week!

This is a crazy time of year - especially with one less week between holidays...along with Bailey, I'm wishing you peace❤️

Guess I should check in.  Christmas has not been and is no where in my thoughts this year.  We had some very emotionally difficult days as we left old place.  At times I want to go home but cant.  Dh took it much harder than I expected as he was the one that insisted on moving.   New place is not home yet. It feels more like being on a trip and staying at someone else's house. I came down with a doozy of a sinus infection and then we had 7 inches of snow.  Thats when I was really thankful to be at new place and not shoveling for two days at old place.  Big furniture is all in place but having to figure out what to do with all the small stuff.  After having an office at old place with everything at hand its going to take awhile to get used to things here.  One file cabinet is in living room.  The other one in bedroom.  Bought a computer armoire because old computer desk was too big.  Now what to do with phone.  Going to have to put calendar and organizational bins on wall in kitchen.  Lord only knows at this point where stamps and envelopes will wind up.  Having to stop and think about things slows down getting things put away.    Also having to really keep on top of bills.  Took 2 months for them to get address on my credit card right.  It was being returned to sender.  A water bill from Oct for old place never showed up at either place.  Cell phone bill due 25th has yet to appear.  Insurance company got it right on renters policy but left apt number off both auto policies.  Had new checks printed but new address not formatted right so new phone number is not legible as its printed on top of payable to.  

We are starting to get to do things again.  Last Sat we attended a concert here with the senior place's musical groups like choirs and bell ringers.  Thurs they had a candle light service/cantata we went to.  This morning we got to get back to our dulcimer club.  Then this afternoon we attended the local symphony.  I won tickets and they performed here at the village.  Dh has been over to get set up at the gym and checked into starting with the bowling group.  We can walk to our favorite eating place which was handy with the snow.  After walking no farther than I had to walk to mailbox at old place I can go in the apt building and walk to other end to the eating place and be inside.  Our favorite eating place had a little Christmas party on Tues in appreciation for those that choose to eat there.  And we bought tickets for a New Years eve party held in that building so we can walk.

Need to find myself a chair as I left my old broken down recliner behind.  I only have a stool or kitchen chairs to sit on so my comfy place to chill for watching tv and where I sleep the most (because of dh's snoring) consists of big pillows and a pile of blankets on the living room floor.  

• Like 1

Brenda, you've made a lot of progress in the new place. And all the close activities help remind you of why you made the change. Has DH ever had a sleep study? John snored horribly and with his CPAP sleeps so much better now. Unfortunately the machine can be really quiet or can make weird noises so I still sleep on the couch a lot.

I found the screen protectors so I can return the others when they get here. GS's birthday party that was supposed to be at my house yesterday got changed to just me and them at their house because all three are coughing and snotty.

My business partner threw in going Monday to get a new vehicle so I've rearranged my to-do list. DIL's nephew who they are trying to adopt won't be here for Christmas so that's four less on the company list. His foster mom and her two daughters were going to drive him here for an extended visit. 

Everything is wrapped, cooking some today, a little more cleaning to do. I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. LOL

Hope everyone gets/stays well and has a Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

Brenda,  I don't remember how long you were at the old place, but it will take time for the new one to feel like home. But it certainly sounds like you really did make the right decision! First order of business: a comfy chair for you!💕

Mona he does not believe he snores.  Says he stayed awake one night just to see.  

Judy it was my home for 22 years and dh lived there nearly 40 years.  I have been looking for a chair off and on for 5 years now.  A couple of years ago I spent the day at a store that had at least 100 recliners and got really tired from trying them out.  I never realized how many uncomfortable chairs there were out there.

Hi Ladies, Merry Christmas! 

It's been a long time since I've been here. I can't wait for this year to be over and my family to have a fresh start in 2020. My cousins husband has stage 4 stomach cancer and it is not operable.

DD is having marriage problems. She is letting him stay at the house. Two miles from where she lives there was a home invasion. This couple and baby had only lived there for 2 weeks. The husband was killed and 3 police officers were shot. So she is scared to be there with the kids by herself. They do have a rottweiler pup who is 9 months old. I told her she will let you know if someone is around. She said she will be getting a gun and learn how to protect herself and her family. She lives out in the country just a few miles from the closest little town. There area has been very quite until about the last 9 months.

DS had problems with DGS (Payton) he has been diagnosed with Cyclothymia which is almost bipolar but he don't meet the criteria for #1 & #2 bipolar so it's that plus adhd. The counselor said to have them both at the same time will be a long road for him but can be managed. DS, Payton and Jocelyn spent the first two weekends of the summer months at are house. The third weekend they went to Chicago where DS lives. It's was a long and different summer for all of us. I hope they get the right medicine that will work for him. 

The granddaughter who had five kids now has number six. I am really disgusted with her. These kids are 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and 1 month old. Of course now she says she doesn't want any more kids. Bad topic for me. 

But on a good note her brother Zach and bought his first home. He's a correction officer and doing well for himself. 

Maya is 13 now. I don't know where the time has gone. She is such a joy! We facetime all the time. She is getting so grown up. She plays the flute in band. Her class is the biggest they have had in awhile. 

Gerimiah just turned 4 a month ago. He is such a joy! He uses the ipad and facetime a lot. He still wants to snug with his grammy. I love it! His mom called me last week one night after they got home from work/school (he goes to pre school now) we wanted his grammy. He woke up the next morning with drainage from one ear (he has tubes in both ears his second time). Off to the doctor he had an ear infection and sinus infection. Preschool has been so good for him. He has blossomed so much. I asked him what he wanted for Christmas. He said a Christmas banana. I asked Maya how we going to get a Christmas banana. She said wrap it with Christmas wrapping paper. LOL I asked him what else and he said stinky socks. I asked Maya where he came up with these at and she said he watched the Grinch movie. He got a Christmas banana. It had a ribbon on it. And new stinky socks.

I got pneumonia again in November. I went to urgent care on the 18th and was diagnosed. Thankfully my oxygen was to bad. I am just getting over the cough. It just doesn't want to leave. We are in Texas now for the winter. We got here on the 7th. We have had some cold days but quite a few warm days.  Hubby is schedule for foot surgery in May after we get home. There going to replace a joint on his big toe where it connects to his foot. It is arthritis and very painful and stiff. The surgeon said it's just like a hip replacement. 

I read back a few pages. Seen some really nice projects. I finally finished a RR for DGS Maddon. He is two now. I brought the yarn with me to make another American Flag that I will donate to a family that I grew up with. One of the girls lost a son in Afghanistan. They have a weekend of fundraising. They do a poker run and raise money for a veterans group. I'm not sure what else goes on. 

Cindy, It sounds like you retired since I was on here last. Congratulations! I love that I don't have to go out on the snowy/slippery roads if I don't have to.  Your stockings are cute. 

I hope everyone had a nice day with family and or friends. We had a potluck Christmas dinner here at the park today. Last night we had a gift exchange. Man bought for a man and the same for women with a 10.00 limit. You were able to steal from someone if you wanted what they had and didn't want to open a gift. It was a lot of fun. Hope to back soon! Have a great week!

Hi ladies. I have the day all to myself!  Dh is painting at Dds new house.  He says he is staying until the main floor is finished.  I’m going to read, sew and crochet all day. I took some spaghetti sauce from the freezer just in case he is home by dinner time.  He told me to go shopping, but I would much rather just relax at home!

All our children and grandchildren were here for dinner yesterday.  On Friday they will all be here again to open gifts.  Dd like the kids to have their gifts spread out a bit so they aren’t overwhelmed.

We haven’t done anymore on my brother in laws house. He will be back in the hospital for more chemo when his blood counts come up. Maybe then.....

Brenda, I’m sorry the move has been difficult for your hubby. I always find change hard too, and it takes me awhile to adjust.  Hopefully he will come to love it!

Marlene, lots going on with you.  Hope you enjoy your time in a Texas. And yes, I retired in June. I just decided that I didn’t want to work that hard anymore. My hubby had been after me to retire for a few years already. Really, the only downside is that I have to buy health insurance.

Hi peeps

Marlene it's so good to hear from you...I see the two bright spots in your life still make you smile - I can "hear" it when you mention Maya and G.....enjoy them as much as you can.💞

On 12/24/2019 at 4:17 AM, bgs said:

Mona he does not believe he snores.  Says he stayed awake one night just to see.  😴I cracked up when I read this😂

Judy it was my home for 22 years and dh lived there nearly 40 years.  I have been looking for a chair off and on for 5 years now.  A couple of years ago I spent the day at a store that had at least 100 recliners and got really tired from trying them out. I hear you!Hi, Cindy I never realized how many uncomfortable chairs there were out there. I know EXACTLY what you mean about chairs! when I crochet my fav is a rattan chair with firm seat cushion and lumbar cushion! Old and creaky, but it works...

Hi, Cindy!!! I'm sorry the hospital wouldn't let you keep your health insurance....that's the toughest thing to deal with.