judianne

Our House (Part Three)

Hi ladies. 

well, I have restarted DDs afghan three times now. My first attempt would have been over 7 feet wide. My second attempt was way too stiff. I think it might be a case of third time lucky, but I put it down to work on stockings. 

otherwise, nothing much happening here v

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gardener said:

Hi ladies. 

well, I have restarted DDs afghan three times now. My first attempt would have been over 7 feet wide. My second attempt was way too stiff. I think it might be a case of third time lucky, but I put it down to work on stockings. 

otherwise, nothing much happening here v

Goodness are you using any sort of gauge. Bwg How are the stockings coming along?  Cold and windy here Finally found my Amy Gaines Christmas pattern now don’t feel up to starting it at the moment (items like snowman)😊😜

Cindy, hope the next time is the charm!

Diana, I understand about not being in the mood for a particular project. I have pumpkins waiting to be put together. Instead I've started on a scarf and a snowman basket. 

We had company for the weekend but I still managed to get in some crochet time. Our temps are warming up a little with showers at the end of the week. Overall looks like a good weather week. I got some Christmas shopping done on line this week so that took the edge off the panic of realizing it's not that far away.

Hope everyone has a productive and/or relaxing week!

On 11/17/2019 at 12:28 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Cindy, hope the next time is the charm!

Diana, I understand about not being in the mood for a particular project. I have pumpkins waiting to be put together. Instead I've started on a scarf and a snowman basket.   Following our desire makes for enjoyable crocheting 😉

We had company for the weekend but I still managed to get in some crochet time. Our temps are warming up a little with showers at the end of the week.   Have a great week our temps are warming to 60s during week

Hi peeps! Yes, doing what we love to make is what it's all about. I never want to make this a chore.

On my hook now: potholders to match my friend's new kitchen. And more baby hats. I also picked up some of Hobby Lobby's red and green  for the NICU baby hats.

• Like 1

Judy - Gorgeous graph lapghan!  I'm pretty sure it was you that offered me much advice on my first graphghan....and I love doing them :)  Seeing the image form is just so satisfying!

Diana - I love your variegated on the c2c!

Sorry I've been MIA for a bit.  Troy had to fix my computer due to crappy Windows 10!  So, I've been filling in with my laptop and I just don't enjoy doing things on that so only kept up with what was necessary....meaning work. lol

I started the last large wedge of my stained glass afghan :)  It's coming along, slow but sure.

I think I shared a pic of the golf club covers and golf towel I made Troy, but haven't started my own set yet.  That's about it for now.  I do have to add a baby blanket into the mix, my brother is having a girl in January.  It's not much concern to me to really be 'on time' with it, so no hard deadline LOL.

• Like 1

Still sleeping at old place which is getting very empty.  New place is stuffed with boxes to unpack and sort thru. Dont know where lots of things are and it makes my heard hurt trying to remember where we may have put them.  My world is in utter chaos.

Judy I remember your German Shepherd afghan.  It was amazing and especially amazing that it was your first one! 

I am enjoying seeing everyone's projects.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bgs said:

Still sleeping at old place which is getting very empty.  New place is stuffed with boxes to unpack and sort thru. Dont know where lots of things are and it makes my heard hurt trying to remember where we may have put them.  My world is in utter chaos.

Big Hug ((((Brenda))))!❤️

6 hours ago, marpan79 said:

Diana - I love your variegated on the c2c! thank you 

I started the last large wedge of my stained glass afghan :)  It's coming along, slow but sure.

Looking forward to seeing it once completed.         

On 11/17/2019 at 12:03 PM, NCcountrygal said:

Goodness are you using any sort of gauge. Bwg How are the stockings coming along?  Cold and windy here Finally found my Amy Gaines Christmas pattern now don’t feel up to starting it at the moment (items like snowman)😊😜

Well, to be honest, The pattern is super simple and didn’t have a gauge.  It’s just a rectangle, and I assumed that the starting chain would be too short, so I increased it.  Then I didn’t like how firm the fabric was.  I ended up finally following the pattern, but with a K hook, rather than an I.  I have about 20 inches done and it’s about 46 inches wide, so I’m making progress.

Stockings are nearly to the sew together stage. Two more names to hand embroider.  Once I finish the afghan, I may make stockings for the adults too.  I will have to see if I can find some burlap that is similar to the thrift store fond, as I am getting to the end of that.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 1:30 PM, NCcountrygal said:
On 11/17/2019 at 12:28 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Following our desire makes for enjoyable crocheting 😉

Yeah, this is what gets me into trouble.....I desire to start a new project every few days.  Luckily I resist most of the time, but I still have at least 20 WIPs.

9 minutes ago, Gardener said:

Yeah, this is what gets me into trouble.....I desire to start a new project every few days.  Luckily I resist most of the time, but I still have at least 20 WIPs.

As we jokingly say here: I resemble that remark! What drives me crazy is when I think I want to make a pattern and buy the yarn and then a year or so later some across pattern and yarn and I'm thinking why did I think I wanted to make that and now I need to find another use for the yarn. LOL

• Like 2

Hi peeps....

Just finished these potholders ...a request from a friend with a new kitchen. I didn't see any patterns I liked so I made up my own.

20191122_122110.jpg

• Like 3

Here is a finished stocking. None of the rest are finished but all of them are partly assembled. 

54C33A8E-1478-4E45-AA84-935AB5BE67F8.jpeg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Gardener said:

Well, to be honest, The pattern is super simple and didn’t have a gauge.  It’s just a rectangle, and I assumed that the starting chain would be too short, so I increased it.  Then I didn’t like how firm the fabric was.  I ended up finally following the pattern, but with a K hook, rather than an I.  I have about 20 inches done and it’s about 46 inches wide, so I’m making progress.

You do know I was just teasing  😉 I’ve done the same in what I call playing with a pattern because I don’t like the fabrics density.

Stockings are nearly to the sew together stage. Two more names to hand embroider.  Once I finish the afghan, I may make stockings for the adults too.  I will have to see if I can find some burlap that is similar to the thrift store fond, as I am getting to the end of that.

Hi House. ♥♥♥  I seem to be on a "post every 3 weeks" schedule lately. :rolleyes   Our lives continue to be full of appointments and now we have added a neurologist to the list.  Hubby's memory lapses have become much more frequent.  Of course, it's only natural for him to be unaware (and in denial) and I'm trying so hard to learn everything I can.  There is a support group at a local church and I've been twice so far.

Luke and Zach are doing great and love school.  DD's store is still rocking!  And Felix and Tank are so cute...see picture below.  :cat

Not much crocheting going on, but scarves are my go to now since I don't have to concentrate too much! Lol

Have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving, friends. :manyheart

IMG_2417(1).thumb.jpeg.f71361854a0e568b8dcb8800ba573f02.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Skysmom said:

Hi House. ♥♥♥  I seem to be on a "post every 3 weeks" schedule lately. :rolleyes   Our lives continue to be full of appointments and now we have added a neurologist to the list.  Hubby's memory lapses have become much more frequent.  Of course, it's only natural for him to be unaware (and in denial) and I'm trying so hard to learn everything I can.  There is a support group at a local church and I've been twice so far.

Luke and Zach are doing great and love school.  DD's store is still rocking!  And Felix and Tank are so cute...see picture below.  :cat

Not much crocheting going on, but scarves are my go to now since I don't have to concentrate too much! Lol

Have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving, friends. :manyheart

IMG_2417(1).thumb.jpeg.f71361854a0e568b8dcb8800ba573f02.jpeg

Love Felix and Tank's picture! 

Mary, they remind me of the cats we had when the boys were younger, Inky and Kinky.

It's been a very long day. Had to leave at 6:30 this morning. Delay after delay. Should have been out of DH's apt by 1 but it was 3 instead.  Ran the absolutely necessary errands afterwards, drove home in the rain. Too tired to worry about the things I was going to get done when we got home. Yes, I'm feeling a little whiny. 

At least I'm not really behind schedule on the Thanksgiving plans.

Hope everyone has a good holiday and week!

• Like 1

Flyby...

Happy Thanksgiving from Lucy and family 

IMG_20191128_072734_057.jpg

• Like 4

Hi ladies. Hope you all enjoyed your thanksgiving day.

We had a good day, but it was somewhat overshadowed by dh’s youngest brother being diagnosed with leukemia on Wednesday. Chemo started today. Dh has gone to visit him, and it sounds like treatment is off to a somewhat rocky start, emotionally speaking.  (Bil has severe psych and anxiety issues). He copes well when things are normal but the unexpected throws him for a loop.

I am having issues with intermittent dizziness. I suspect I picked up a virus, and this is a lingering effect.  I was sick for a couple of days last week, but other than the dizziness, I feel fine now.  I had this once before after a virus.  It lasted a couple of weeks.  Nevertheless, I still managed to finish 5 stockings and get the house vacuumed today. 

Mary, sorry you have had to add yet another doctor to the list.  Sounds like seeing a neurologist is a good plan for your Dh.  

Cindy, I'm sorry to hear about your BIL...It's a good thing you aren't too far from him and can support him.

Feel better, SOON, my friend! good thing you don't have to deal with work any more in addition to this.

Hi to everyone else....💞

Enjoying the cooler weather and into sock making currently. Still lingering bronchitis but feeling so much better.  Had a wonderful Thanksgiving at home this year.  Hope everybody is safe and sound across the country Some really wintry 🥶 weather around

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 7:11 AM, judianne said:

Flyby...

Happy Thanksgiving from Lucy and family 

IMG_20191128_072734_057.jpg

I hope Lucy and family had great Thanksgiving!

Ours was really different.  Sis and niece joined us for the Thanksgiving buffet at one of the restaurants at the senior place.   Wish dh would get the rest of his things packed up so I could go in and grab whatever else needs to go.  I would rather be out of here instead of staying til last day.  Cant believe he is loving sleeping on that cot and not having a refrigerator.  Oh well just 8 days until........

• Like 2

Hello to everyone! It's been really busy, as usual.

Brenda, glad the end is finally in sight!

Diana, hope you can shake off the bronchitis real soon.

Judy, I always enjoy seeing your furbaby pictures.

Cindy, hope the dizziness is gone. That gets really old real quick. Hope bil responds well to chemo.

Mary, hope the doctors are finding answers for dh.

We had a nice but fairly quiet holiday. It's a big relief that I have most of my Christmas shopping done. Now just cleaning, cooking, decorating, wrapping, and a birthday party. Plus we may have a new family member arrive just before Christmas. DS and DIL are probably going to adopt her nephew and if things progress through the system like they think, the foster mom and her two teenage daughters will bring him from Wyoming, arrive on the 23rd,and stay over Christmas.

I'm headed to my annual knitting/needlework retreat today, home Sunday. I'm sooooo looking forward to it---really need a few days break.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Happy Thursday House!

I didn't realize that I haven't stopped through since before Thanksgiving.  Ours was nice and pretty relaxing, as our family gatherings usually are.  A lot of food, drinks, and laughs...what more can one ask for.  We got our decorations up on the weekend and still have a couple things to finish up.  We have a lawn inflatable to get out and it's finally not precipitating at all, so hopefully we'll get it out this weekend (we picked it up at the end of last year on sale :) ).  And, a couple stars for the front windows that I picked up extension cords for yesterday.  But other than that, we're all ready!

I hope you all have a wonderful day and I hope to 'see' you all tomorrow! :)