judianne

Our House (Part Three)

Diana ~ Yay!  Enjoy!

• Like 1

Hello, everyone!

It's a super busy week. The usual Monday with the middle grand for 3 hours. DH's chemo, Walmart and several other stops today. I won't have the grands tonight; they're all going to the middle one's soccer game. Dermatologist tomorrow afternoon. Leaving Thursday for AR to Petit Jean Mt State Park, back home Sunday. Our town is doing major water line work, so instead of sleeping a little later tomorrow and Thursday we have to get up and get showered before 8 when the water may possibly be off. Clothes to wash in there somewhere, too.

We are having some wonderful cool nights. The days are still warming up some, but it'll be cool Sat and Sun before getting back to the 80's next week. And we finally got rain. Just 3/4" but that was so welcome.

My shoulder hasn't been hurting even though I've been crocheting. Guess it was just a quirk.

Brenda, you must be super busy. Take a deep breath and don't work yourself ragged.

Good morning peeps ;)

I had a busy start to my work week, which is a good problem for me to have. lol

Mary - Yes, Troy is primarily working from home and then going out for meetings and networking events.  He has some kind of event today that is ALL day!  He had to be at the convention center around 6:30am and will be there until about 8 tonight!  That type of event is not the norm luckily.  There was a meet and greet event last night at Heinz Field in relation to today's event.  He got a tour of the facility and got to see all the locker rooms, he was a happy camper...and they got a Terrible Towel. lol

Mona - I'm tired just hearing about your week!

We had some family around for the weekend, so things were a bit busy here as well. But, not terrible.  Tonight I'm meeting my girlfriends for 'yarn night' :)  And going for a haircut during the day with my mom.  Light day on tap, which will be nice. It'll give me time to catch up on some of the paperwork from the last 2 days!

I hope you all have a great hump day :)

Hi peeps!

I'm waiting for some sun outside to take a pic of the giant granny square...

Finishing up a drunken granny christening blanket....if I can remember how to do it again - I may have to look up the video again since I left the blanket for almost two weeks!

Then the graph ghan....

MARISSA, I always tell DS that for a chiropractor being busy is a GOOD thing!

the giant granny blanket is finished at 54 inches. 

IMG_20191010_090746950.jpg

• Like 2

Hi House. :)

Judy ~ The afghan is wonderful!  Love the colors you chose. :yes  Those last rounds seem to take forever, don't they? Lol

Marisa ~ Yarn night with friends sounds so nice.  Are you working on anything special?  I'm glad things are going well at work. :)

Mona ~ Have a great trip to Arkansas!  I hope you have some time to relax and enjoy the scenery!

Possible severe weather for us tonight.  Our temps are supposed to be in the 40's in the morning! DH had an appointment this a.m. and I'm going to crochet later...Yay!  Have a good afternoon, friends. ♥♥♥

• Like 1

Good morning!....Well, Afternoon now! lol

Judy - gorgeous ghan!  I love the colors :)

Mary - I am currently working on a Stained Glass Window Afghan.  My goal this year was to only finish WIP's...with the exception of things like baby gifts.  I finished 1 or 2 others (plus a baby ghan) and have been working on this one for a while.  It's all sc, which I think is why it's been sitting.  When I looked on Ravelry...I bought the yarn for this in 2010! Yikes!

My yarn night got cancelled the other since one of the girls had a migraine :(  So, we just decided to reschedule until we're all available.

And...that's about it.  It should be a low key weekend!  Super excited about that :)

• Like 1

Hi ladies. It’s definitely fall here. Dreary, rainy and chilly. I have been down for at least a week with an awful cold/sinus infection. It’s finally starting to let up.  At least today I did something besides lay on the couch.  I took a good look at my UfOs and actually frogged a few. I knew that I would never finish them.  I also worked a bit on those two scrap afghans that I have going, plus I crocheted a bit on a hat that I found in the pile.

Hopefully tomorrow I will feel like doing laundry. I think that “feeling like vacuuming” :) is too much to hope for! But hopefully I will do it anyway!

• Like 1

Cant believe its Fri again.  Life is a blur and utter chaos.  Buyout guy came out Tues.  He explained how it works.  Usually when people move they have to get everything cleaned out and fairly quick.  His clients take what they want out of house then this guy comes in with his crew and cleans out the rest.  He assigns positives amounts to things he can sell and negatives to things that are going to cost him to get rid of like hauling off trash or things to thrift store.  Told him if he did that here I was going to wind up owing him a lot of money.  He said when thats the case he does not charge seniors.  I was very impressed with him as a person.  He seems to have a big heart for helping out seniors and vets often at his own expense. He talked to me to see where I am emotionally about the move and having to get rid of things.  Told him I try to think of all those that lost everything in hurricanes, fires, and floods.  I get to chose what to keep.  Before coming to our place he had gone to the dump, was there when it opened to retrieve some things for a 80+ year old woman that started obsessing over sewing patterns and fabric that she did not have put on moving truck.  He said he knew she needed those to get closure and be at peace in  making the move to FL. Movers coming out 22nd sooo we have lots to do to be ready and unfortunately we have eye and dental appointments next week.  

Good afternoon ladies,

Cindy - I hope you're feeling better by now!

Brenda - The whole move sounds stressful to me!  Sounds like you are doing well with it though :)

Not too much going on around here, which is a good thing :)  I need to make some golf club covers for dh. He has an outing next Thursday for work and conveniently has a set of golf clubs that my uncle gave him. (My uncle actually makes them).  We got bags this past weekend (just because mine was 20 years old and needed to be replaced and he didn't have one). We still have to get him some shoes.  I know many courses don't care if you were regular sneakers, but I don't know where he's going.

I'm off to find a pattern to use :)

Catch you all later in the week.

Good morning to everyone!

Brenda, I hope your chaos soon resolves into relaxing in your recliner.

Marisa, that sounds like a fun quick project--hope you found the perfect pattern. I've always been tempted by the stained glass afghan. All sc!?! Definitely off my to-do list.

Cindy, hope you're feeling all better and getting your energy back. I have one wip that is ancient and only needs the motifs put together and tassels made. It's one of those that has various different shapes and there are open spaces  between the squares. No real instructions, just look at the picture and join them like that. I really need to pull up my big girl pants and finish it. 

Mary, it was a nice weekend. The leaves hadn't started turning but it's such a pretty area any time of the year.

Judy, your blankets are always pretty!

I haven't accomplished much this week but that's ok too after last week's busyness. I'm struggling with the eyes on a trick or treat bag. I hate when something just doesn't look like the pattern picture no matter what you do.

I think this is the day to catch up on some paperwork and then I have the grand's tonight. 

Thanks everyone! My goddaughter had the colors in mind from a blanket she had given her parents and had even given me a bag with most of the colors she wanted for the blanket! All from, or inspired by Equador.

And MARY - yes! Those last rounds go on forever🤣

Cindy - yay for frogging some UFO's! Hope you got your energy back after being so ill....

Marissa, what Stained Glass pattern are you using? And did you end up having to create your own pattern for golf club covers?

I've just been collecting patterns for headbands (ear warmers) ...since my head is larger than average I will have to find one that will be very forgiving when I make an adjustment

Take care, my friends! 

Good morning ladies!

The week went quickly again!  I have the PA Chiropractic Association's convention this weekend, so it'll be a quick weekend as well.  But, I'll get the rest of the CE credits needed for the next license renewal :)

Mona - Did you get your paperwork finished up before you had the grand's?

Judy - Great that you GD already has an idea...that's so helpful sometimes! I found a golf club cover pattern that I am using as a guide, but doing a little differently :)

I am using this pattern for the stained glass afghan....

https://www.yarnspirations.com/red-heart-stained-glass-afghan/RHC0502-025417M.html

I've made this headband in two different size before that you might be able to work with...

http://knots-thoughts.blogspot.com/2012/12/crochet-turban-headband-free-pattern.html

Hi ladies. Finally feeling better. Of course, once I felt better I decided to craft. I guess the cleaning and laundry will wait for me. 

For a while, I’ve been thinking that we need new a Christmas stockings, something neutral and all co-ordinating so that it will look like once in my life I had a plan!:). I like the looks of burlap stockings so I put a trip to the fabric store on my to do list. A couple of days ago, I stopped by the nearby thrift store.  They had a couple of yards of what they said was wool tweed, although it looks like burlap.  (It does feel like wool, but I can’t imagine anyone sewing clothes out of it!). It was only $2 so I bought it.  

Then for my next brainstorm, I decided it would be a good idea to embroider names, using the monogram attachment that came with one of my vintage sewing machines. The attachment works well, but I discovered that I lack the patience to arrange all those letters in a straight line and keep them centered. I will do the first letter by machine and hand embroider the rest.  That will take a lot less time, plus it will be portable.  I have two out of 13 started.  I would at least like to get the ones for the grandkids done this year  

I have also pulled out several yarn WIPs, a knit scarf, a crocheted hat and an afghan.  At least I have my craft mojo back!

22CA281F-A419-416A-8D7F-83600AD9531B.jpeg

15A9F490-184E-4F0A-A894-D5C88A9C0BC3.jpeg

• Like 1

Hello, everyone!

Cindy, I love the vehicles and trees on your stockings! Glad you're feeling better and you've found your mojo, too.

Marisa, I did. Hope the weekend included some relaxation/fun along with the classes.

Brenda, thinking about you. I hope all the work is about done and it's settling in time.

We'll have our regular Tuesday on the road followed by the grands in the evening. I hope to get an early start Wednesday and take my jeep in for a front end alignment, tire rotation and a leak fixed in one tire. Then Thursday is pick up spaghetti for supper and have the grands that evening. Friday we start getting everything ready to go to Little Rock on Sunday. Saturday is our town's Harvest Festival. Hope to enjoy some of it in between house/trip chores. DH has tests Monday and Tuesday, then dr's apt Wednesday, get home late afternoon. So a busy week and a half. Hope we can avoid out of town company that weekend.

I've got to get busy and sew the eyes on GS's Halloween bag and three pumpkins are waiting to be put together. I've decided to skip Halloween this year. It's just grown all out of proportion. We're a town of less that 400 but we had over 200 trick or treaters last year. Maybe I would feel differently if it was all little ones.

It's time to recheck my list of projects to finish before Christmas. I know I need to make and sew the cars on Max's blanket. Almost finished with a blanket for older son and DIL. Just got a pattern for a greyhound sweater for them, too. I want to make a snowman basket and stocking that I have the yarn for. Huumm, what else?

Hope you all have a good week!

• Like 1

Hi peeps!

On 10/18/2019 at 11:02 AM, marpan79 said:

Good morning ladies!

The week went quickly again!  I have the PA Chiropractic Association's convention this weekend, so it'll be a quick weekend as well.  But, I'll get the rest of the CE credits needed for the next license renewal :) Getting those CE credits is really a great thing - DS has been taking ACT for his CE and it's been working very well for his patients - and him!

Mona - Did you get your paperwork finished up before you had the grand's?

Judy - Great that you GD already has an idea...that's so helpful sometimes! I found a golf club cover pattern that I am using as a guide, but doing a little differently :) Looking forward to seeing the FOs!

I am using this pattern for the stained glass afghan....

https://www.yarnspirations.com/red-heart-stained-glass-afghan/RHC0502-025417M.html

That's a super nice pattern! Are you using the variegated yarn?

I've made this headband in two different size before that you might be able to work with...

http://knots-thoughts.blogspot.com/2012/12/crochet-turban-headband-free-pattern.html

That's a great pattern - my head is bigger than average and I love how easy it is to make it whatever size you need. The  video tutorial is very clear, too. Thanks so much!! I'll be giving it a try before the colder weather sets in!

On 10/18/2019 at 5:14 PM, Gardener said:

Hi ladies. Finally feeling better. Of course, once I felt better I decided to craft. I guess the cleaning and laundry will wait for me. Cleaning and laundry NEVER go way....I vote for continued crafting in your future😂

For a while, I’ve been thinking that we need new a Christmas stockings, something neutral and all co-ordinating so that it will look like once in my life I had a plan!:). I like the looks of burlap stockings so I put a trip to the fabric store on my to do list. A couple of days ago, I stopped by the nearby thrift store.  They had a couple of yards of what they said was wool tweed, although it looks like burlap.  (It does feel like wool, but I can’t imagine anyone sewing clothes out of it!). It was only $2 so I bought it.  

Then for my next brainstorm, I decided it would be a good idea to embroider names, using the monogram attachment that came with one of my vintage sewing machines. The attachment works well, but I discovered that I lack the patience to arrange all those letters in a straight line and keep them centered. I will do the first letter by machine and hand embroider the rest.  That will take a lot less time, plus it will be portable.  I have two out of 13 started.  I would at least like to get the ones for the grandkids done this year  

I have also pulled out several yarn WIPs, a knit scarf, a crocheted hat and an afghan.  At least I have my craft mojo back! YAY!I 

22CA281F-A419-416A-8D7F-83600AD9531B.jpeg

15A9F490-184E-4F0A-A894-D5C88A9C0BC3.jpeg

I love those stockings! They have such a classic look - and will never go out of style😍

Hello ladies. Beautiful fall weather here today, although it was pretty rainy and stormy Monday and Tuesday.  The beaches and dunes along Lake Michigan have been really affected by the storms. In some cases more than 30 feet of dunes have been washed away, leaving some lakefront homes vulnerable to damage and destruction.  And of course, those property owners aren’t allowed to do anything to avoid further damage. It seems you need the governments permission for that....and that takes six months or longer.  I understand the necessity of oversight by authority, but I do feel sorry for those homeowners. Some will lose their homes if any more storms assault the shoreline.  I saw one picture where the deck had broken off the house and the area under the house foundation was visible. 

Thanks Judy and Mona.  The stockings are fun to work on. I have a third in progress. Grandson #3 is nicknamed frog for reasons which escape me at the moment, so I am trying to create a frog in a Santa hat. I found a few patterns and sort of mashed them together.  I’m not quite getting the festive look that I’m going for, but I think I will just go with it.  

We leave tomorrow for a week and a half in the Smokies. I am packed but Dh hasn’t started yet. It always takes him a long time to pack. He brings a lot more than I do!  We will have a washer and dryer in the condo we rented, so I figure I can always do laundry.  I even have laundry caught up and the house clean. Just a little vacuuming left to do. 

Cindy, sounds like a fun trip! And you're so organized!

Today has not been organized. LOL I had to leave my truck because they couldn't do the alignment until later. DH picked me up. Got home to no water--it just came back on. The overhead door people called and they're coming tomorrow, so we'll have to work that in with going back to pick up my truck and being home by 5:00 to babysit the grands. Some weeks you just need to clone yourself and add a few hours to the day.

Cindy, enjoy your trip! In our marriage the roles are reversed as far as prepping for anything...lol!

I feel so badly for those homeowners. We've seen the effects storms have down here by the shore. Some homes destroyed by Sandy were never rebuilt.

More hook time for me - about halfway finished with the Maltese Cross FD throw.

Take care, my friends.

It's been a busy week as expected. We're up to 5" of rain with 1-2" predicted today. The harvest festival committee decided that it would go on rain or shine. Hopefully it's going to slack off to showers this afternoon but they already know a number of the vendors have cancelled. It's heavier rain this morning so I'm not sure if it's from Olga or if that's still to come.

I've got to fuel up my truck, wash a last load of clothes, get the cat feeders all refilled and pack today. But for now I'm enjoying the quiet until DH gets up.I

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

• Like 1

Good morning ladies.

This whole week has just flown past!  I'm really not sure where the time went!

My neighborhood is having their little halloween parade this afternoon so I hope the rain holds out for them.

I finished Troy's golf club covers and am now working on a towel to match his bag as well.

Cindy - Glad to hear your mojo is back and you're feeling better.  Enjoy your vacation.  I love the stockings!  They are super cute.  So sad to hear about all those homes and the vulnerability the weather has created :(

Mona - Enjoy the Harvest Fest today.  Sounds like you are on top of your holiday WIP's :)

Judy - I am using the same variegated that the pattern used.  When I made the headband, I made it for a mother and toddler...it was really easy to make the 2 different sizes they needed :)

Have a great weekend :)

• Like 1

Goodness time just flies! Been busy making assortment of items, mostly c2c Ghans for gifting and a play cardigan for gs and other. Mom had her knee replacement surgery that went very well. Decided on horizon-loc metal roofing and dh,with friend and sons will install couldn’t afford it otherwise😳. Hard to believe this month is nearly over. About to start a pumpkin square to use as dishcloth gifts for family and friends. Have a great weekend all.

• Like 1

Hi ladies. Coming to you from the beautiful Smoky Mountains. It is gorgeous weather, sunny and in the mid 70s. Yesterday was lovely here in the valley but apparently there were high winds in the mountains that caused road closures due to downed trees, electrical outages and a campground evacuation. Things seem back to normal today.  We were in the park but we didn’t notice anything going on.   We heard it later on the news 

• Like 2

Don't think I checked in last week.  Movers were here Tues so big stuff and several boxes are at new place.  We are still sleeping at old place--dh on a cot and me in my chair which is where I sleep the most anyway.  Still a lot to go thru at old place but it's starting to empty out.  Church this morning.  Then a guy came out to pick up some bee equipment.  I gave his wife my molds, wax and melt and pour soap.  She seemed tickled and the said the kids would have fun.  After they left we took a load to the new place and from there swung by sis's church for chili, back by new place and now back to old place.  

• Like 2