judianne

Our House (Part Three)

Cindy sorry for your sil's loss of her dad.  Its great you were there to support her.  I love the Barbie clothes. You are right.  Most patterns I have seen are for #10 thread.  I bet you can find something else to do instead of cleaning house.  Sounds like things have been a bit hectic.

Mona hope all is going well with dh's apppintments.  Its been hot here too.  I have to try to pull things from the attic in the morning but still get too hot.

We made another trip to thrift store, dropped off more blocks at niece's, and stopped for our appointment at the title company.  Neighbors go tomorrow.  

Hi peeps....

Sorry for not responding to each of you individually, but I read through everyone's posts.

On 9/9/2019 at 8:38 PM, NCcountrygal said:

Good news brothers house should be ready by end of October 😊. Dh worked on another statue today scraped about 2 pounds of old paint off now it’s ready for painting-next trip. Took a photo of eagles today. 

ADC2E263-8E19-4B4D-8591-FC1426D51A1D.jpeg

D5B37122-08EF-41E4-94A8-00AA02DE085A.jpeg

Beautiful!

Beginning a butterfly graph gan for a little girl - I offered to make her a blanket and her stepmom told me her ratty butterfly blanket needs to be replaced! I happened to have the pattern on hand....

Take care, my friends - so good to see all the activity here💞

• Like 1

Another Barbie dress.  At least they are quick to finish. Dd specifically asked for non fussy, easy to put on clothes.  

6D78036A-D6DE-420B-B70A-96D16A865343.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, judianne said:

Beginning a butterfly graph gan for a little girl - I offered to make her a blanket and her stepmom told me her ratty butterfly blanket needs to be replaced! I happened to have the pattern on hand....

Lucky girl.  I'm sure she'll be tickled when she sees it.

Cindy, love seeing your Barbie doll clothes creations.

Everybody, enjoyed reading your posts and life news.  Feel like a toothache today, various parts are aching and burning=not talkative.  Have a great rest of week and weekend.

• Like 1

Good morning ladies and happy Friday! :)

The heat and humidity is back up here too!  I was off  yesterday, so I got the last bit of deck sanded that needed to be...Woohoo!  I didn't have time to get the base coat of stain on it yet though (although it won't take long) and I don't see getting to it today either, unless Troy does it tonight after work.  I'm going with a friend to a local yarn shop for a Sip n Stitch evening.  We've not gone to one at this place  yet and are excited to check it out.  It seems like they get a lot of traffic and are doing well since opening just under 2 years ago.  I've only made it over there once so far to check it out.  I have so much yarn and don't need to buy any, not to mention that I just can't afford to use the expensive stuff.  But, I'll probably feel like I should buy something tonight lol.

Tomorrow we are going to Kennywood to get one last day in since their regular season ends this weekend.  It'll be me, Troy and the moms.  I'm hoping that we can get the deck finished on Sunday, but will have to wait and see if the weather will cooperate.

Have a great weekend everyone.  I probably won't be back until Monday afternoon.

Cindy, I forgot to mention that your Barbie clothes are amazing!  And I think a pampering weekend will be wonderful.  I hope SIL is doing well!

Cindy cute Barbie dress.

Marisa sounds like deck will be finished soon.

Made a 130 mile loop today with lots of stops---PO, bank, recycling place, nieces house, thrift store, and finally a special steak house for late lunch as today is our anniversary.  Thurs morning we close at the senior place.  Meanwhile we will take more paver stones and other things in to my niece and sisters Sat and Sun.

• Like 1

Cindy, I meant to state my deepest empathies to your in-law family/family on their loss.

Marisa, great progress on the deck!  Have a great weekend.

Brenda, that much activity would have me writhing in pain....got me in trouble yesterday.  Sounds like a whirlwind of activity and accomplishments.  Happy Anniversary!

Again, have a great weekend all.

On 9/12/2019 at 2:20 PM, Gardener said:

Another Barbie dress.  At least they are quick to finish. Dd specifically asked for non fussy, easy to put on clothes.  

6D78036A-D6DE-420B-B70A-96D16A865343.jpeg

Thats so cute! Your granddaughter will be so happy!

On 9/13/2019 at 11:13 AM, marpan79 said:

Good morning ladies and happy Friday! :)

The heat and humidity is back up here too!  I was off  yesterday, so I got the last bit of deck sanded that needed to be...Woohoo!  I didn't have time to get the base coat of stain on it yet though (although it won't take long) and I don't see getting to it today either, unless Troy does it tonight after work.  I'm going with a friend to a local yarn shop for a Sip n Stitch evening.  We've not gone to one at this place  yet and are excited to check it out.  It seems like they get a lot of traffic and are doing well since opening just under 2 years ago.  I've only made it over there once so far to check it out.  I have so much yarn and don't need to buy any, not to mention that I just can't afford to use the expensive stuff.  But, I'll probably feel like I should buy something tonight lol.Thats how I feel when I go into the small yarn stores...lol! Did you have fun!!!!

Tomorrow we are going to Kennywood to get one last day in since their regular season ends this weekend.What's Kennywood??  It'll be me, Troy and the moms.  I'm hoping that we can get the deck finished on Sunday, but will have to wait and see if the weather will cooperate.Did you get the deck finished?  

Have a great weekend everyone.  I probably won't be back until Monday afternoon.

Happy belated anniversary, Brenda!

And the butterfly ghan is zipping along...I work fast because I can't wait to see the image emerge...lol.

Hello everyone, we're home from our vacation!  Actually, we got home two weeks ago, but the first was spent beginning to recuperate and the second was spent catching up around the house.  We did 3 1/2 weeks on the road and covered over 6,000 miles.  We had so much fun and the trip moved at a fast pace.  It's hard to believe it's all done now.  I could definitely move on to the road indefinitely, as could DH.  

I hope everyone here is doing well and has had a lovely summer.  x

Good afternoon!

We had a good weekend and of course it went by too quickly!  BUT, the deck is FINISHED!!!!  A year later and the neighbors no longer have to look at it covered in tarps! lol

Brenda - Wow, you had a long day on your anniversary...Happy Anniversary!  I hope your closing goes week on Thursday.

Judy - I did have a good time and met new crafters at the LYS, and I didn't buy anything...although I felt bad NOT buying something!  Kennywood is an amusement park :)

Shani - Welcome back from vacay.  I'm glad you had a great time!  Wow, you surely did cover a lot of ground!

I took DH's car in for an oil change this morning and am now at work until about 6.  Tomorrow I am running around with my mom and sister for lunch and shopping.  We are having a pig roast on Saturday at my parents house, so that's the theme of the shopping trip. lol

Have a great Monday everyone!

• Like 2

The week just whizzed by.  Mon and Tues dh mowed while I pulled out and sorted things for thrift store, trash, and all kinds of things for new place.  Wed we hauled paver stones to niece and things to thrift store.  Thurs morning we closed at the senior place had lunch using our dining credit and then unloaded things at our new place.  I took an assortment of things so we could stay over if we wanted or needed--a few dishes, pans, towels, silverware, food toiletries, folding table a couple of chairs, cot, blow up air mat etc.  Dh was amazed I got so much loaded in our suv and he could still see out the sides and back.  It was rush hour when we were thru so we heated up some soup for supper there.  Today we loaded some paver stones for my niece and stuff for the new place.  Stopped and bought things for refrigerator and freezer for easy meals.  Today tried out the washer, dryer, and oven.  

• Like 1

Hi peeps! This is before weaving in ends....the reveal picture will be coming soon...

IMG_20190921_152551719.jpg

• Haha 1

Little girl this is for is about 6 years old....

IMG_20190921_171358128_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

Goodness Brenda I managed getting up and dressing sinus headache all day blech did get supper made.  On deck sitting on the swing now Been reading on features of this phone ☺️

Judy wow that was alot of ends to weave!  Turned out beautiful.  Going to be a very happy girl 

Edited by NCcountrygal
Remove word

Hi ladies. We spent the week camping. Perfect weather, warm in the daytime, cool enough for a fire at night.  I did nothing but read and walk. I managed to read 3 books in 4 days!  Time to get back to regular life now though.

Judy, that’s a great looking afghan...but ugh, all those ends.....

• Like 2

Good Summer morning, everyone!

Thanks for the compliments on the blanket...

I posted the pic of the ends esp for you, Cindy - I get such a kick out of your reaction😂. Yay for reading and walking. Sounds like a perfect getaway.

Hi House!  Too long since I've posted, but I've been keeping up with you all.  It's been an 'interesting' couple of weeks, but things are pretty much back to normal.  (fingers crossed!)  Hubby has had two more Mohs procedures and both needed plastic surgery the following mornings at the hospital.  At least two other doctor appointments each of the last two weeks, repairmen here for one ac unit and the fridge...life sure gets in the way of my crocheting! :lol

I hope everyone is doing okay and enjoying early Fall. :autumn

Is there anybody out there still? February was a long time ago.

4 hours ago, JustDeb said:

Is there anybody out there still? February was a long time ago.

I think maybe you just looked at the first page of this thread. There are 92 pages. We're definitely still here.

Sat we took another load to the new place.  Sis came by and we went to get a new phone and tv.  She also helped me figure out furniture placement ----like our  old computer desk that I was going to take is just too big to fit where it needs to go.  Got back to old home at midnight.  Took more things up Sun and again today.  Today we had an appointment with head of grounds/landscaping.  I had my hand clippers and reached down and asked if I could clip a branch off a bush sticking out in our sidewalk.  He said yes.  Then I asked if it was ok to pick up the sticks laying in yard.  He said yes.  Then I held up the branch and sticks and asked what was I supposed to do with them when I do.  He said leave it along the curb, call in a work order, and they pick it up.  I told him we have bonsai and would like to keep some and they need to be outside in the summer.  Did he have any ideas or suggestions?  Told him what I had left took up about the space where the rose bushes were but not that I was asking for any bushes to be removed.  He said they would remove the roses,  put in little landscape gravel, and a rock border and put in new mulch in other places.  I said I didnt want to be a problem and hated for them to pull the roses.  He was glad to jave a reason to remove the roses and said roses are not doing well and have been a pain because of a disease they are getting and the Japanese beetles.  To be honest when I stopped and looked at things this summer I kept thinking why did I wind up with the ugliest roses around there.  If I want new mulch call in a work order and I can spread it if I want.  I am so tired I can hardly think so I will probably nod off soon.

1 hour ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I think maybe you just looked at the first page of this thread. There are 92 pages. We're definitely still here.

Yeah, I guess I keep getting confused by this forum.  So the most recent are at the end?

• Like 1