judianne

Our House (Part Three)

Hi, ladies!

A flyby - sorry about that. I did quickly read through what I missed here..

I just finished a baby - really toddler sized - ghan. A request and it used Hobby Lobby yarn. I have another one on my hook - personal gift for our vet who is expecting in October....a firetruck graph ghan.

and I have to finish another before October!

here's the toddler one. Whipstitch join and I used a variation of #42 in the Around the Corner pattern book for the border.

IMG_20190810_070120539.jpg

• Like 2

Oh...Brenda, I nearly forgot to answer: Yankees are in 1st place, 40 games above .500 for the first time since 2009, the last time they won the World Series😍

Judy love the afghan.  It all went together so well.  Cant wait to see the firetruck one.  Sounds like you might have some exciting games to watch come Oct.  

19 minutes ago, judianne said:

here's the toddler one. Whipstitch join and I used a variation of #42 in the Around the Corner pattern book for the border.

Very nice.  Looking forward to see the firetruck one, too.  I'm working on an  all sc pillow covers x 3 then the fun part.  I want to try the Paisley Swirls pattern by Carocreated as appliques.  I ordered some outdoor paint from HL (moms outdoor garden statues need repainting and she likes gold hair for the angels) and had to tell myself no yarn, no yarn...stick to what you have, at least for now.  🙂  I really need some autumn red like Caron SS, but want to try a different brand that's not as splitty.  Hard to see the colors online.

Judy, pretty blanket! 

Diana, I buy a lot of yarn on line and trying to coordinate colors is always a problem. I have enough trouble in the store. LOL

Today has been washing clothes and getting things ready to go to Huntsville tomorrow.....coming home Sunday. Going to a hamfest (amateur radio get together) so DH will do a lot of looking and I will crochet, I hope, a lot. The hotel is connected to the hamfest site so we don't even have to get out in the heat.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

4 hours ago, judianne said:

Hi, ladies!

A flyby - sorry about that. I did quickly read through what I missed here..

I just finished a baby - really toddler sized - ghan. A request and it used Hobby Lobby yarn. I have another one on my hook - personal gift for our vet who is expecting in October....a firetruck graph ghan.

and I have to finish another before October!

IMG_20190810_070120539.jpg

Very nice blanket!

I like those corners, how did you make them?. 

Thanks,

Krys

Happy Friday, everyone. :)

Brenda ~ Hopefully, the closings will happen soon.  You sound like you are ready to go...how exciting! 

Judy ~ Oh, the toddler 'ghan is perfect!  Can't wait to see another one of your incredible graph 'ghans! 

Diana ~ I hope you can find just the right color!  I agree about SS - love the way it feels, but it does split a lot. 

Mona ~ Enjoy your weekend!  I hope you have lots of time to relax and crochet. :yes

We're still very hot, but it's August in Texas so we should be used to it by now.  Lol  Dh is at lunch with friends and I'm about caught up for today. (I'll never be totally caught up like I used to! :lol)

I'm digging through patterns looking for a pillow I wanted to make for my eldest son a year or two ago.  Has a deer head (color work) on it.  Still hunting, so aggravating.  I bought it along as some other designs by the designer.  ugh, I should take a few days and just start finding and organizing.  Hope everybody has a wonderful weekend.

4 minutes ago, Skysmom said:

I hope you can find just the right color!  I agree about SS - love the way it feels, but it does split a lot. 

I went online window shopping and decided I'll probably end up buying SS.  I know that's the color I want, but don't really need it just yet.  🙂  Hot, humid here.  Dh tolerates it much better than I do.  

Mary I waffle between denial that we are moving, looking forward to life maybe by Christmas, and sheer panic.  A big problem I am having is everything dh has promised me I could take along with all the things he keeps saying he wants to take he has overfilled the new place 3 or 4 times over.  He says he doesnt want the place cluttered (like its my fault) and he wants to at some point park the car in the garage.  So he wants to take his treadmill, at least one of the bicycles, keep his circular saw, reciprocating saw, his big electric drill, battery chain saw..... He wants to keep our tropical bonsai trees so that means we need our tools, wire, shelf with lights, soil mixes, fertilizer,  and some pots.  He says to keep the Christmas tree.   I am accused of being negative and over dramatic.  Ok I will just go sit and crochet potholders.

I just spent the last few hours going through binders, boxes, bins and more.  Just realized my board that holds graphs with magnetic thingies, to keep me in the correct row is missing.  I have a feeling when I fin that I'll find the missing patterns/graphs.  :whewI'm ready to start dumping patterns I know I'll never get to in my lifetime.

Brenda: Any chance y'all could rent a storage shelter temporarily?  Would that help until the move has completed?  Is there an attic for some of the items to be stored?  I understand why you are feeling addl. stress. hugs

20 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Very nice blanket!

I like those corners, how did you make them?. 

Thanks,

Krys

Thanks!  I made 3 DC, ch 1, and 3 DC. Makes a neater corner, IMO.

• Like 1

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Here's firetruck. It's crib size.

IMG_20190816_162335220.jpg

• Like 4

Judy, your fire truck could almost tempt me to try graphs.

Diana, I sympathize with your frustration. I think we've all been there!

Brenda, DH would never be able to downsize. I can't imagine what a huge task it is making all those decisions. Take a deep breath. Crocheting is definitely calming.

Hello, Mary. I never seem to get caught up.

We've arrived and are taking a break to cool off. Hope we have an early supper and then I'll get some crochet time.

Judy amazing afghan.  Not showing dh because he would want me to make one.

Diana nope rental unit not an option.  Paying so much to live there that paying rent to store stuff is definitely not in what I feel is already too tight a budget for my comfort.  Even though I wasnt comfortable with it I agreed because I have always wanted to live there, they accepted us financially, and guarantee it to be our home for life. Dh forced this move on me and said "he isnt taking much" so I can have things like my Christmas tree and yarn.  I am ready to let go of things like that and he is the one saying no keep it.  The garage will be acting as the storage unit.  After all the cars sat outside here up until the last few years.   I am ok with him taking those things but the car is never going to fit in the garage unless he is willing to give up the bed.  It takes up a lot of floor space.   He could sleep in the closet. I sleep in a chair.  

Hope you had an enjoyable evening crocheting, Mona.  My place looks like chaos having rummaged through some yarn and patterns and now sitting all over in the family room.

Brenda: So easy to accumulate stuff as the years go by and then it's like an anchor around the neck in later years.  This to shall pass.  🙂  Just enjoy every day.  I down-sized Christmas items some years ago.  Gave a newlywed couple the big tree and ornaments.  We have 2 small ones now.  Mostly crochet ornaments, so the grandkids can play w/o breaking.  

Well, I found the chart holder thing w/ magnets, but not my missing patterns, yet.  I'll keep organizing till they surface or make other project plans with all the yarn.

On 8/16/2019 at 6:29 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Judy, your fire truck could almost tempt me to try graphs.Only almost?🤣

On 8/16/2019 at 9:42 PM, bgs said:

Judy amazing afghan.  Not showing dh because he would want me to make one.

Oh, that's funny! It really wasn't too hard....minimal color changes as compared to others I've made.

Dh got several of mom's garden statues re-painted. (white) Still waiting for the HL paint order to arrive.  Then, will add some color to the angels, eagles and lions.  I've started on a pineapple doily pattern(housewarming gift), worked a bit on the corner-corner blanket, started a trial run on one of the paisley swirl patterns. (awaiting the colors I want to use in the living room pillow to arrive from JoAnn's).  Learning about mobile phone stuff and trying to get J to start eating dog food again. Hope everybody is doing well.  Crochet-away....

• Like 1

Hi ladies. Wow, take a few days away from here, and it explodes!  I’ve been working outside and cleaning in the basement storage area.  There is so much stuff down there!  Lots of it either belongs to Dh or mil brought it over and it has dh’s name on it.  Our children have all been out of the house for years, but they still have stuff down there as well.  I need that space......for my stuff!

Really, nothing much going on here. Everyday I knit or crochet or sew a little but I haven’t finished anything.  

• Like 1

Well HELLLLLLLLLOOOOOO there peeps!  I have been gone for a ridiculous amount of time!! 🙄

Life has been crazy.  I'm hoping to get back into Crochetville regularly....I miss it!  I'm going on 8 years with my Chiro office in Pittsburgh with some ups and downs.

My parents moved here 3 years ago and are loving it!

I got married almost 2 years ago!  We bought a house last year and a week later my office flooded due to crazy rain in Pitt (they are still fixing roads from all of last years rains and this year there are more mud slides and problems :( )

I now have a craft room :)  And dh has a man cave that I like to call the game room! Haha.

Here is my new yarn storage.....

20181007_220829_HDR.jpg

20181007_220918_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Marisa, sounds like life has been very busy for you! I love your storage units and the fact that they have a "door". Don't think I've seen any like that.

I think we're through with our obligations this week--dentist apts today, and I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend. Hope that didn't jinx it. LOL 

We're finally out of the heat advisory but it's hard to tell when you're outside--the heat index is still 107. We haven't gotten any of the scattered rain that's been going around. Maybe this weekend.

Grands will be here shortly for long enough for DIL to swim then I hope some crochet time.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

Marisa, good to see you again!  Congrats on your marriage.   I have some storage cubes a lot like those you have with the doors. I have them in our master closet for folded clothes.

I went shopping and out for lunch with oldest Dd and my grand daughters today.  No time for crafting. I did bake banana and pumpkin bread this evening though.  I was going to make cookies, but they are a lot more work.  We are having dh’s siblings and their spouses over tomorrow and I wanted to have some snacks stuff for that.

Mona, that is crazy hot. It only got up to 75 here today, and right now it’s around 60.  My idea of perfect weather! 

Good Morning Cindy, Marisa and Mona and all.  Not much sleep last night.  Phone/internet service has been worse this week.  Not sure how long I'll have access today.  Tech told son a major line disruption occurred and they will begin total replacement of these phone lines.  Says it'll take a month.  We hope to have mobile all set up next week.

Finished my round pillow (round pillow insert) and trial run paisley.  

100_0668.JPG

100_0669.JPG

• Like 2

Well, well....2 days in a row!  Woot woot :)

Mona, those temps are terrible!  We've been in the mid 90's a humid for quite a while now.  But, a rain came through yesterday afternoon and cooled things down a bit!  Today it's beautiful out and should only go into the mid 70's with no humidity :) 

That also means since the weather is good for it....I have to do a bit of sanding on our deck when I get home.  We started last fall and then the weather turned from 80's to 30's in a week or 2, so it's been sitting covered with tarps all winter. I had a couple days this spring that I was able to get out there and do just a little.  But, the weather never seems to cooperate with my schedule.  The springs here (at least the last 2-3) are raining every day!  It's not until recently that we start to get a few days in a stretch without any rain, but at the mid 90's I'm surely not sanding, lol.

Cindy, your breads sound wonderful...and a great choice!

Diana, sorry to hear about your service issues...hopefully when they get it all done it will be flawless!  Love the pillow and the colors on your paisley are great!

I hope you all have a great day :)

• Like 1

Good morning. Beautiful day here, a bit cool, but clear and sunny.  I have finished my chores and the last load of laundry is in.  I intend to read and crochet the afternoon away, probably out on the patio. 

Tomorrow is youngest Dd’s Birthday.  We are all going out to dinner at a local lakefront restaurant tonight to celebrate. Hopefully we can get there early enough to eat out on their deck.