judianne

Our House (Part Three)

2 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Second Wednesday in a row to go south. DS (who's out of town) had another issue at his rental house, so I had the grands for about 4 hours this afternoon while DIL tackled it. Now I'm pooped and didn't get anything done today. I did get in a little crochet time here and there while they were playing--still working on this week's part of the planet earth cal, lots of trc bp and fp. We're going to the nearest larger town to us tomorrow--taking a truck part to be repaired, Walmart, pick up CPAP assessories, eat lunch, and whatever else DH has on his list, so that'll take care of the biggest part of the day.

I got my new kindle in (don't remember if I mentioned the charging port stopped working on the old one last Wednesday) but can't do much except get on line until the new sd card comes in. DH ordered the parts to put a new charging port on it--we'll see how that goes. 

Hope everyone is having a good week and it's not too hot where you are (heat index 107 here).

Goodness, Mona.  My heart goes out to you.  Been in similar shoes of plans going south and just have to readjust and go with it.  Phone was out most of the day, second time this happened in a week.  This a landline.  Thank goodness we didn't "have" to have phone/internet all day.  Does feel weird when it's gone.  May tomorrow go smoothly for you and dh.  Hot, humid not sure what the heat index was.....drenching wet within minutes if I go out on the deck.

Hi ladies.  Lovely weather here, warm but with a nice breeze. As soon as Dh gets ready we are going to the beach.  Not to swim, but to sit and people watch and watch the sun set.  Maybe we will watch the musical fountain as well. https://ghfountain.com/   We will pack a picnic supper.  It’s too nice to be inside.  It’s better for my weight loss program too!

Welcome NCcountrygal.  I always visit Crochetville on my iPad.  The newest version actually looks a little less cluttered to me. I don’t visit every forum by a long shot  sometimes at night in bed, I look at all the pretty projects, but otherwise, I mostly just come here.  I don’t spend much time online in the summer, so I’ve not been very active lately.  That will probably change when I spend more time indoors.

Its been such nice weather here that I have been outside all week.  My housework has suffered, but Ive been crocheting, gardening and reading.  Next week we are going camping for a few days  hopefully the weather stays like this.

hope you are all doing well.

Hi Cindy.  Thank you for the welcome.  Happy to read you are enjoying the outdoors.  Have fun people watching and seeing the sun set.

Cindy sounds like a lovely evening.  I think I could sit and watch that fountain for hours.

Mona hope you get a quiet weekend.

Judy how are your Yankees doing.  Dh is faithfully supporting his Royals.  I am looking forward to football with the Chiefs.

Another week has whizzed by.  We had a consultation this week to make sure we were on track with taxes since we have so many major changes going on.  Thankfully we used the guy whose office is located in the retirement village so he had very pertinant info that I dont have yet and other accountants would not have had.  The other good thing was this visit was free.  We also hauled more paver stones to my niece's house.  Trying to always be hauling things out of here everytime we are on the road to someplace.  A rep from the moving company was out yesterday.   The retirement place pays $1000 of our moving expenses so definitely wanted to use them to move the big stuff.  Now I know how to pack.  Tues we went to see Lion King. It was good to not have moving stuff running thru my head for a couple of hours.   Wed evening we went to the church picnic.  I was glad that it wasnt terribly hot.  Dh had fire dept training Mon night and tonight.  We have some more things loaded for the thrift store since we are headed into the city tomorrow.  

Cindy, that sounds like a great evening! It's hot and humid here--your glasses fog up as soon as you walk outside weather.

Brenda, it sounds like y'all are making good progress.

I feel like a whiner but every day this week has gone off the tracks. Lol. I need to mow but I have a headache and luckily it just started thundering so I can put that off without feeling guilty. I have a coke in the freezer getting slushy and cookies in the oven. That ought to cure anything.

2 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I have a coke in the freezer getting slushy and cookies in the oven. That ought to cure anything.

I love this! :lol :heart

55 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I have a coke in the freezer getting slushy and cookies in the oven. That ought to cure anything.

I second that!

15 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Sounds just right.  

15 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Sounds like that’s exactly what the doctor ordered!

so here I am.....procrastinating on the housework once again.  It’s another gorgeous day here.  Warm but breezy, low humidity.  I don’t want to stay inside and clean. However, I also want to come home to a clean house after next weeks camping trip.  Guess I should clean the camper a bit as well.  It’s been 2 years since we went camping and Dh has been working in there.  It didn’t look too bad when I checked it out, but I’m sure a bit of elbow grease won’t hurt it.

We had a lovely evening at the beach. We ran into friends while walking to the lighthouse, and ending up sitting and talking for quite a while.  The sunset over the lake was pretty, but not as spectacular as it often is.  Clouds obscured a lot of it.  There was a huge ship making its way through the channel while we were walking.  It’s only the second time I have seen one going through there and both times were this summer. Dh grew up going there and said he never saw one before this summer either.

enjoy your weekend.

Good Morning everybody.  I've been playing with yarn.  Started a corner to corner blanket and another "Blooming Flower" pillow.  The smaller bloom I used to cover a pillow, just sewed it on and the bigger bloom will be about 15-16 inch round when finished.  Another few rows on the Phoenix blanket completed.  Visited mom at her home and dh did some odds and ends on her to do-fix list.  Sun is shining bright this AM.

100_0662.JPG

100_0664.JPG

100_0663.JPG

• Like 3

Diana, lovely projects. That round pillow in the background of the first picture is just like the ones my grandma always made.

4 hours ago, Gardener said:

Diana, lovely projects. That round pillow in the background of the first picture is just like the ones my grandma always made.

Thank you, Cindy.  The one in the background was made in the 70s and gifted to my mom.  She gave it to me a few years ago.  I made a similar one but not as nice as the one by her friend.

Cindy sounds like a lovely evening with friends and spotting the ship.  Hope you have a nice trip with the RV.

Diana love the flowerpillows and c2c blanket.

As if we hadnt had a busy enough week we drove in yesterday morning and worked in the heat and humidity from 8am until 12:30 pm at cleaning out  an abandoned resting area that is part of thelarger park where our bonsai meetings are held.  It was so grown over you wouldnt know it was there.  It was hard hot work that included a little hike to and from it lugging our shovels, rake, hoe, and little chain saw.  Sad thing is the crew consisted of old people with gimpy knees, hips, arms and breathing problems.  Youngest person there was me at 63.  Oldest is in her 80's. Afterwards I told them one of the reasons I was moving was so I didnt have to do this kind of work anymore.

On 8/9/2019 at 3:29 PM, Gardener said:

Maybe we will watch the musical fountain as well. https://ghfountain.com/   

Wow, that's something that looks fun to see, Cindy.

Thank you, Brenda.  Sounds like quite a workout!  How far away will you be moving? 

1 hour ago, NCcountrygal said:

Wow, that's something that looks fun to see, Cindy.

Thank you, Brenda.  Sounds like quite a workout!  How far away will you be moving? 

We are not moving very far---about 40 miles but in the right direction closer to family, friends, and most everything we do.  We currently live on 5 acres and have more mowing, trees to cut down, brush trimming, and weed removal than we can handle.

Diana, your flowers are cute! I love doing C2C.

Brenda, that sounds like a lot of hard work! And not even your own yard!

Yesterday I did nothing but crochet and swim with the grands. Even had leftovers for lunch and supper. Can't beat that!

We're having horrible temps the next two days--heat index up to 115--so I'll be staying in as much as possible.

Hope everyone has a good week! Stay cool!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bgs said:

We are not moving very far---about 40 miles but in the right direction closer to family, friends, and most everything we do.  We currently live on 5 acres and have more mowing, trees to cut down, brush trimming, and weed removal than we can handle.

Not likely then, that you'll attend anymore bonsai meetings.  I keep saying the same to dh we need to-simplify,simplify.  

1 hour ago, NCcountrygal said:

Not likely then, that you'll attend anymore bonsai meetings.  I keep saying the same to dh we need to-simplify,simplify.  

No actually we will be 40 miles closer to our bonsai meetings, dulcimer meetings, zoo ( we are friends of the zoo) garages that work on our cars, dentist, orthodontist, favorite pizza place, genealogy library, and to dh's job had he not retired.  Its going to be great not spending at least two hours out of our day on the road any time we are out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bgs said:

No actually we will be 40 miles closer to our bonsai meetings, dulcimer meetings, zoo ( we are friends of the zoo) garages that work on our cars, dentist, orthodontist, favorite pizza place, genealogy library, and to dh's job had he not retired.  Its going to be great not spending at least two hours out of our day on the road any time we are out. 

Your move sounds just perfect all around.  Less workload from the home place, more time to enjoy life.  Soon all that moving stress will be behind you and both of you will have more time to pursue what makes you happy.

On 8/11/2019 at 4:58 PM, NCcountrygal said:

Thank you, Cindy.  The one in the background was made in the 70s and gifted to my mom.  She gave it to me a few years ago.  I made a similar one but not as nice as the one by her friend.

The one my Grandma made was pretty much the same colors as yours.

We're home after a day on the road and at the dr. I feel rather soggy. It's 97 with a heat index of 119. Thank goodness we'll be below 90 tomorrow. At least the heat has resulted in some extra crochet time.

Hi House.  :)

Diana ~ Hi!  It's so good to see new friends join in!  Your work is lovely...we always love pictures. :yes

Donna ~ I hope you had a wonderful time on your vacation!  I really like the 'new' format and thank you for all you do. :manyheart

Cindy ~ Have fun on your camping trip!

Hi to the rest of the House, too! 

Lots of appointments again this month and checking on the grand cats has kept us busy the last couple weeks.  DD and her guys went to Orange Beach, Alabama for 8 days and had a great time.  The kittens stay so busy playing with each other and their toys,  I don't think they got too lonely.  Lol 

Have a good Wednesday! ♥♥♥

3 hours ago, Skysmom said:

Diana ~ Hi!  It's so good to see new friends join in!  Your work is lovely...we always love pictures.

Thank you, Mary.   Working on de-stashing as much yarn as I can on current projects.  

Diana ~ Oh, you are being so good!  I actually used 3 skeins from my stash to make scarves and felt very proud of myself.  :lol

Mona ~ We've been having the high heat and humidity, too...not fun at all.  We were at 105* (real temp) yesterday!  I'm glad you're able to have some crochet time!

Brenda ~ You all have been super busy!  Sorry if I missed it...do you have a moving date yet?

Hi Judy!

It feels good to be home for a couple of days.  I vacuumed the downstairs and cleaned one bath this morning.  'Hope to have some crochet time later. :yarn

• Like 1

Diana I am so glad you joined and jumped right in sharing photos of your work, chatting with us, and especially your help answering questions.  

Mary waiting on notice of closing date on our place so we can set up closing on new place.  I am going to have a load of stuff with me to move in as soon as I get the key.  

• Like 1