judianne

Our House (Part Three)

19 hours ago, bgs said:

Judy pretty afghan.  I like how you arranged the colors.  Is it basically a large granny square with rows added at each end to make it longer and do you turn on each round of the granny square.

Well we made it into the 90's so we turned the heat pump over to ac.  Tues we went to dmv for plates on one car and renew my license.  Thurs we had another appointment at the senior place and errands.  This morning another real estate agent came out.  Dh has been working on mowing between appointments because rain is moving back in.

Its time to start on ministockings for W4W.  I should be cleaning and getting rid of things but using up yarn counts doesnt it?It absolutely counts😂

Thanks!! Yes, a large granny square until I figured it was wide enough when worked the granny square stitch at each end and one round on each long side. I did  - as always - turn after every row. I forget which designer mentioned doing that so you don't get a slant on the  square.

Thanks Judy I thought thats what you did.  I thought that was such a clever idea to transform from a square to a rectangle.  I guess it just never crossed my mind.  I really love the inspiration and support I get from fellow villers.

Nice weather over all this weekend tho we did have some rain and it's a little on the hot side. DS and family came over yesterday and we cooked hamburgers/hotdogs and the kids swam. Finally got my peppers and eggplants planted in the raised bed and mulched and some squash seed planted. It's been cool and really wet here this spring so everything is running behind.

I can't seem to get myself organized to get anything done in the house. The dust bunnies are going to eat us alive. Oh well, there's always next week. Yeah, right. LOL

Hope everyone has a good week!

• Like 1

Mona sounds like you had a lovely weekend with family.  it poured down rain off and on all day here on Sat. Luckily everytime we were headed in and out of the car it stopped.  It was hard driving in pouring down rain and lightening strikes not far off.  I really did not want to head out in the storm to the shelter house at the lake for the celebration of life picnic.  That squall passed through by the time we got there.  While we were there another squall came through but the lightening was not as close.  The shelter house got a bit crowded as it was really sort of small but they had a hard time getting one.  This morning it rained after we made it to church and quit before we got out.  After that the sun broke through and it was a pretty afternoon but sort of cool.  I almost needed a jacket. I keep meaning to buy some tomato plants and plant some cucumbers but havent.  And boy those dust bunnies multply worse than real bunnies.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 12:54 PM, bgs said:

Thanks Judy I thought thats what you did.  I thought that was such a clever idea to transform from a square to a rectangle.  I guess it just never crossed my mind.  I really love the inspiration and support I get from fellow villers.

I can't tell you how much my crochet skills have multiplied since I joined this forum - I can't imagine where I'd be without this wonderful group!  And I've been encouraged to try my hand at knitting, too, which I NEVER thought I would even attempt.

Judy my skills have also greatly improved since I joined.  I have also continued crocheting for the longest period.  I tended to do it for awhile and then quit for many years.  So how are your Yankees doing?  I think I heard they were headed here.  The Royals pitching has been so horrible that last week they let a second baseman pitch.

Sunny and humid so we are under a tornado watch.  We took advantage in the break from the rain and spent the day running errands--- PO, bank, Aldi, grocery store, Home Depot.  Stopped for lunch and took flowers to the two cemeteries.   It was one of those days where we made a 100 mile loop.  

Brenda, I always enjoy seeing the colors of your stockings. Nice group!

Hi peeps!

Sunshine again today😎

On 5/22/2019 at 5:28 PM, bgs said:

Judy my skills have also greatly improved since I joined.  I have also continued crocheting for the longest period.  I tended to do it for awhile and then quit for many years.  So how are your Yankees doing?  I think I heard they were headed here.  The Royals pitching has been so horrible that last week they let a second baseman pitch.Yankees are in first place....just swept the Orioles in 4 games🤗 Yankees record is 32-17, two games ahead of the Rays, who are 29-18....and we're doing it with mostly players who were picked up for a song when the big guys went down with injuries.

Sunny and humid so we are under a tornado watch. I don't miss those days - when we lived in St. Lous in the early 70's we had quite enough of the tornado watches!!  We took advantage in the break from the rain and spent the day running errands--- PO, bank, Aldi, grocery store, Home Depot.  Stopped for lunch and took flowers to the two cemeteries.   It was one of those days where we made a 100 mile loop.  

18 hours ago, bgs said:

Adorable! They are super cute😍

Hi Ladies.  So sorry to have been mia.  My last labs showed a huge change in my Vitamin D level and our new doctor put me on a mega dose of D2 daily.  Apparently, it doesn't agree with me and I've been sick for days.  I stopped taking it and she changed the dosage and I start that tomorrow.  When I feel too sick to crochet, you know it can't be good. :wink  I have so much to catch up on and am trying not to get stressed!  Sorry for the 'me' post...this too shall pass. 

Positive news!  Zach won his first taekwondo "real" match and he is so excited.  Lol  And Sarah adopted two kittens from the humane society.  They had to say good bye to their "Lucky the Cat" several months ago and the boys have missed him every day.  The kittens are brothers and absolutely precious.

Have a good holiday weekend, friends. :manyheart  I hope to be back soon.

Mary, hope you're feeling better soon! I started taking D a couple of years ago. I'm not sure how you can live in Mississippi and be D deficient. Lol

I'm hoping for a quiet holiday weekend. A friend is cooking crawfish today and otherwise it'll be the pool and cooking on the grill.

Hi House. :)

Mona ~ Thank you!  I took the lower dosage this a.m. (4000 iu) and so far so good.  Yes, you'd think where we live would take care of all the vitamin D we need! Lol  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

I think we'll go over to DD's tomorrow.  Can't wait to see my new grandcats!  Sarah has texted 5 pictures today and they are still napping a lot, but starting to explore a little. 

Have a good weekend, everyone. :manyheart

Mary glad to see you back.  Hope the lower dosage works out.  Not good but typical when the cure makes you feel sicker than the disease.  Congrats to Zach on winning his match. The grandcats sound adorable.

Mona sounds like a nice relaxing weekend.  Hope dh is feeling ok.

Judy the Yankees and the Royals have the exact same numbers but in opposite columns.  Looks like the Yankees will get another sweep.

Last night we took cover as they said they were seeing evidence of a tornado on radar heading in our direction.  Funnel clouds were spotted but they stayed aloft.  

We left at 745am and got back tonight at 8pm.  It was a bonsai day and then we stopped by my sister's for a bit.  Tonight I am going to work on more mini stockings.  

'Morning all.  Just a quick post for now...

Here are the little guys.  They are so tiny and cute...and identical except one has a very small spot of white on his throat.  Luke has named his Felix and Zach's is Tank.  No one can figure out where he came up with that one.  Lol

IMG_0032.jpeg

Mary they are so cute.  I want to reach out and cuddle them.  Reminds of when out TC showed up.  We miss her so much.  She was black too.  Dh actually had people at work ask him about her being bad luck.  He always said nope she  was one of the best things that ever crossed his path.

Hi Brenda. :)  They both have blue eyes and go from playing and chasing each other to falling asleep in an instant.  So sweet.  Your mini stockings are wonderful!

I'm still playing catch up from being sick and hope to have some crochet time later.

Posted (edited)

Goodness Mary little black kittens with blue eyes-------so cute.  

We met one of my sisters and niece for lunch at a Mexican restaurant.  Then we drove by both cemeteries (left our flowers Wed) and stopped at a nursery to pick up some seeds and plants.  We have most always spent the day mowing.

Edited by bgs

Hi peeps!

On 5/24/2019 at 9:50 PM, Skysmom said:

Hi Ladies.  So sorry to have been mia.  My last labs showed a huge change in my Vitamin D level and our new doctor put me on a mega dose of D2 daily.  Apparently, it doesn't agree with me and I've been sick for days.  I stopped taking it and she changed the dosage and I start that tomorrow.  When I feel too sick to crochet, you know it can't be good. :wink  I have so much to catch up on and am trying not to get stressed!  Sorry for the 'me' post...this too shall pass. We are both on D, also....but we've had the darkest weather over winter and  spring that i'm not surprised. We're only on a regular dose, though.

Positive news!  Zach won his first taekwondo "real" match and he is so excited. Congrats!!!!  Our son took taekwondo when he was about that age, too  and actually advanced to black belt- it gives kids such confidence and they teach them about respect....very good system.  Lol  And Sarah adopted two kittens from the humane society.  They had to say good bye to their "Lucky the Cat" several months ago and the boys have missed him every day.  The kittens are brothers and absolutely precious.If we ever get cats it will definitely be a bonded pair....I just saw the pictures - so adorable!!!!!

Have a good holiday weekend, friends. :manyheart  I hope to be back soon.

On 5/25/2019 at 10:31 PM, bgs said:

Mary glad to see you back.  Hope the lower dosage works out.  Not good but typical when the cure makes you feel sicker than the disease.  Congrats to Zach on winning his match. The grandcats sound adorable.

Mona sounds like a nice relaxing weekend.  Hope dh is feeling ok.

Judy the Yankees and the Royals have the exact same numbers but in opposite columns.  Looks like the Yankees will get another sweep.A little bad luck in trying for the sweep...can't win them all😂

Last night we took cover as they said they were seeing evidence of a tornado on radar heading in our direction.  Funnel clouds were spotted but they stayed aloft.  

We left at 745am and got back tonight at 8pm.  It was a bonsai day and then we stopped by my sister's for a bit.  Tonight I am going to work on more mini stockings.  

On 5/26/2019 at 7:56 PM, bgs said:

Very, very pretty

I'm making a new tote bag for a friend who uses a battery operated scooter...she wears out the bags, which she hangs on the handles. This will be bag number 3😀

Hi ladies.  I too am sorry I’ve been MIA, just had a lot going on, but it will soon be at an end. I resigned from my job, (last day is next Thursday), and I am going to enjoy the life of a retiree. It’s kind of bittersweet. I love a lot of things about my job and I will miss it. However, my back, knees and hips are telling me it’s time to go.  

I did read through the posts I missed. Brenda, you granny ripples and the stockings are great. It was my plan to make a bunch of stockings for this years drive, but I haven’t got to it.  Judy, love your afghan.  Mary, ds’s doctor told him that everyone in Michigan is vitamin D deficient.  I never had my levels checked, but my doctor told me I should take it, so I do.  Luckily it’s not a high dose, so it doesn’t bother me. Hope the lower dose works for you.  Oh....the kittens are adorable!  I bet the boys are thrilled with them. And congrats to Zach!

I have pretty much used up all my “golf balls” of leftover yarn on a knitted afghan. Just a few to go and I can start making more golf balls.  Say, maybe I will actually get things finished when I retire!

Posted (edited)

Cindy congrats on retiring.  Know what you mean about the bittersweet.  Do you ever have work dreams?  Its been 20 years and some nights I dream I am back in the lab. There is still plenty of time to make stockings.  Some people are sewing them out of felt and fleece.

Hey Judy it didnt hurt your guys to let us win one.  Well you know your friend uses and appreciates the tote bags.

I am dressed and ready to take shelter.  Tornado has hit just west of Kansas City area.  

Edited by bgs

Cindy, you're so right to listen to your body and retire....you'll miss some aspects, but now you'll have more craft time!!

Yikes... tornadoes! I hope everyone is ok! Nearby Staten island NY had a warning two nights ago and a "minor" one did touch down.

Tote bag is done! Took inspiration from my friend's love of ladybugs for the fabric lining and found a pattern for a lady bug on a leaf ....she'll be floored! What looks like raspberry is really rose....Caron pounder

JPEG_20190531_122933_-1843833636.jpg

IMG_20190531_130747083_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190531_130800906.jpg

• Like 2

Judy what a pretty cheerful tote bag.  I love it. Your friend is going to be so tickled that you added ladybugs specially for her.  I was wondering how close you were to some of those storms I saw on the news.  If  the tornado last Fri night didnt pass over us it was just a few miles away.  My niece was at work and in the path of that one.  It went aloft by the time it got where she was but dropped debris. It was also aloft when it got to a very busy area---Sporting KC arena, race track, waterpark, very large shopping area and restaurants.    Flash flooding has been bad.  Its bad along the MO river.  I 29 had just reopened after being closed for a long time only to close again.  Amtrak is bussing people between KC and St Louis because tracks are again under water.