judianne

Our House (Part Three)

:rabbit  :rose   I hope everyone is having a good weekend.  Happy Easter! 

We're going to DD's tomorrow along with the inlaws and the boys' cousins.  I'm taking a black bean and corn salad/dip and guacamole. 

Down to the last 10 rows on a baby afghan.  I think it's time to change patterns now. Lol

Have a good evening, friends. ♥♥♥

• Like 1

Hi ladies. 75 degrees out there today. Just 7 days ago we had 6 or more inches of snow on the ground!  The daffodils are blooming and Dd has 5 baby robins in the wreath by her front door.  I guess it’s spring!

i has one of those weeks. Every day was filled with obligations. I have the next three days off still and have no plans.  I’m looking forward to doing nothing for a day!

• Like 1

Hi peeps...I hope everyone had a good holiday.

Cindy, 75 degrees!!! We had that about a week ago - with high humidity. I was not a happy camper - though my curly hair liked it😂 I hope you enjoy your free time....don't deny yourself the rest you need! Have to fill up the tank, you know, before going full throttle again.

Mary, did you come up with another pattern for baby blankets?

I made a handful of tiny baby hats and have gone back to making my baby blanket version of the Textured throw for the church project. My fingers have been achy for the past week, so I'm thinking of  holding off making those tiny hats for a while. I was using an F hook😜

Not much else going on here. Off to see my internist in a couple of hours so we can discuss my labs from last week. 

Stay well, my friends...and hugs to all the ladies here who need them...which is probably all of us🌼

Posted (edited)

Yesterday was warm and sunny--a far nicer day than last year when we had a blizzard and slick roads.  After church we went to my sister's.  It was just myself, dh 2 of my 3 sisters and one niece.  The others were all doing their own thing so it was nice and so much less work.  We quizzed my sister about nieces wedding plans.  Sounds like she is trying to see who all she can get to do things like asking mom to make 400 cupcakes (that was a no) and wondering my other niece would grow enough green beans this summer for the reception--- she has no clue on how much work and crop risks in gardening.  Good thing mom kindly squelched that one as othet niece had just spent hours tilling and planting and said her response wouldnt have been very nice.  They want a country theme held outdoors on property they have yet to buy.  He is wearing his kilt and she plans on wearing a white tux.  They are at least 2 hours from us and 3 hours from the others.

Last week we had an appointment at the senior place I would love moving too if I have to move. They have everything from studio apartments to houses.  They have a care center and centers for Alzheimer patients.   Looked at 3 units and sort of liked one but someone else has a chance at it first.  I have a hard time seeing we can afford it even if they tell me we can.   I am going to have to get rid of a lot of stuff. 

Dh finally got copies of the needed paperwork to present in merit court that a mistake was made in calculating his pension.  Now he has to get it all filed.  In our spare time still trying to figure out what to do about medicare.  Its starting to look to me like we would be better taking only A and keeping our current plan.  Why do they have to make getting old so complicated?

I left two granny stripe afghans with my sister for the Project Linus drive where she works.  Maybe I will get another one done in time.

Edited by bgs
  • Like 1

Hello to everyone!

It's going to be another busy week ending in company this weekend. I've been trying to at least keep up with reading the posts here. Hope y'all are having some of the pretty weather that we're enjoying.

Hi Ladies, 

I went back and read thru the post into February. Seen some really nice projects/gifts. Judy that's a lovely picture of you. 

Mona, Wishing you and DH the best. 

Judy, You are braver than me when it comes to getting rid of that mouse. 

Brenda, We live in a rural area also. Our doctor visits are 2 1/2 hours round trip. Could get some local, but I really like the ones we have.  Cute way your niece announced her engagement. 

Mary Jo, So kind of you to make the dolls and give them to ladies at the nursing home. 

Cindy, Great idea making the grandkids neck warmers and a hat. As a kid I grew up in the country and we lived on a farm. We were out sledding and ice skating no matter how cold it was. 

We got home from Texas last tuesday. It was a very cold and very, very wet winter. Probably are second coldest winter there. A group of us ladies started a quilting/sewing group. We had a couple of fundraisers. We had a chili cook off and I crocheted another American Flag Afghan. We are going to buy supplies to have for someone to use if they don't have something. We made a holder to carry are rotary cutters in, soup bowl holders, baked potato bags (I love it. Potatoes taste just like there were baked in the oven), and placemats. The pattern for the placemats can be made into an afghan. It was so much fun! Can't wait to get things settled here so I can start sewing again.

We had a good winter despite the weather. Both have stayed healthy. Maya and Gerimiah are coming this weekend. Yesterday was DD's birthday and she wants to go out saturday night. Gerimiah is going to spend next week with us. He was so excited to have us home. He did not want me to come home. He woke up yesterday morning and said where's my grandma? lol  Hubby spent last weekend at his daughters house with granddaughter and her 5 kids. Tisa was in the hospital. She had an injection  for the pain she has in her back. She had a reaction with her sugar. It jumped up to 800 so she called the ambulance. DS came by and visited us for just a few minutes on one of his runs to Texas. It was a nice surprise. Haven't any of his kids yet. He's in a battle with the ex and who knows how long this will go on. Can't wait until Jocelyn is 18. She will be turning 13 in a couple of weeks. I certainly missed being here. Until next time I hope everyone has a great weekend. It's going to be a cold weekend here, we may even get some snow. 

• Like 1

This week has been a blur.  Dh has been busy on the phone and taking care of paperwork for his court case over his pension, running back and forth to the PO, and to library to fax.  Oh and the senior place called and said we were up next on the unit we liked.  I have been in shock about that and cried for a couple of days.  I really want to move there but sad to leave here and dont know we can possibly get everything  done that has to be done if they approve us.  Like I told the lady we have to deal with the court case and have to decide what to do about medicare but we did not have to move.  Had to make a mad dash from the medicare seminar over to sign papers and leave a refundable deposit. Oh and that day was not easy getting where we needed to go.  We pulled into the parking lot where the medicare seminar was going to be held and that Einstein Brothers had just closed down. Dh checked his phone and had a message they were meeting at Bob Evans just up the road a bit.  Then when we got to the senior place office there was a lot of water running in front of the office and along side on drive from waterline break.  Then dh had a dental appointment today.  I knew he had us way overbooked for the week and last week finally convinced him to cancel some.

Posted (edited)

So much going on here.... Marlene, good to see you! 

And downsizing to go to a seniors complex....I can't even imagine trying to get that accomplished 🙄

Here's a pic of edge number 120 from the Around the Corner border book, and I used it on the just finished christening blanket. Made the textured throw pattern again.

I'm due to play with some bright yarn now😊

Stay well, my friends.

IMG_20190428_161004906.jpg

Edited by judianne
  • Like 1

Good Morning!  Once again, I am sooo behind on everything...but I have read through posts!  We've had serious storms last week and this week.  Several times with no power or  U-verse so thank goodness for cell phones! 

Marlene ~ It's wonderful to see your post!  Happy Belated Birthday to you.  :cake

Judy ~ The latest afghan is gorgeous and I love the border!  Even just thinking about a size F hook makes my hands hurt! Lol 

Brenda ~ You all are going through a lot right now.  Have you made a final decision on moving? 

Cindy ~ I hope you are through with snow now!  You all deserve some lovely spring weather. :yes

Mona ~ Sending positive thoughts and hugs to you and your hubby. :hug

Today is our only day with no appointments and I plan to crochet all afternoon.  Two days, we had to leave while the power was out and manually open and close the double garage door.  For one app't. we took Gracie and I waited with her in the car... too much thunder to leave her here alone! 

Take care, friends and have a good day! :manyheart

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Marlene my sister and I were amazed at how good potatoes were microwaved in those bags.  They are good for microwaving corn on the cob and warming rolls.

Judy pretty edge on the ghan.  Thinking about downsizing is paralyzing.  I just keep telling my self at least I can choose to keep a few things and its not like losing it all in a fire and tornado.  

Mary dh is very unhappy here and says he is moving out of here with or without me.  It wouldnt be good for me to be here if something happened to him.  We have 5 acres so it takes two days to mow.  There are always dead trees to take down and brush to trim.  As it is we are so busy outside that we dont get things done in the house like we want.

Edited by bgs

'Morning all. :)  The rain continues...more coming this afternoon and overnight!  Everything is soggy and there has been flooding in many areas.

Brenda ~ The move sounds like a good thing. :yes  We've been in this house longer than any of the others and we really need to down size one of these days.  Just not sure where to go!

I'm leaving shortly for my mammogram and grocery shopping.  Can't wait. :wink  Have a good day, everyone.♥♥♥

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi peeps...

A very rainy Sunday here....anticipating flooding in some areas - tg, not nearby! 

This coming week is filled nearly every day - almost all medical/dental appointments🤣 At least in between we get to see a couple of retired friends!

Baby Marley LOVED her "Judy blanket"...She can't say the J but holds the blanket and says my name. Not bad for a 1 1/2 yo! Now she needs a pillow, also like her Aunt Aly has. Wool Warehouse is currently out of stock...lol.  Meanwhile I'm making a purple/green giant granny square for a friend's DD who is a licensed OT, but has been dealing with post concussion issues for over a year. She is making slow progress forward, with her mom handling all the appointments she has to go to. After making white blankets I needed to use some of the color in my stash and since the young lady loves purple and soft colors in that family....

Have a good day my friends,

Edited by judianne

Good Monday morning. :) 

Judy ~ Good luck with all the appointments.  We don't have any this week...can't remember the last time that happened!  I've always loved the combination of purple/lavender and green.  Looking forward to seeing the granny 'ghan!

I made spinach lasagna rolls yesterday and hubby was happy.  This morning minestrone sounds good so of course I need to go to the store again.

My current project is a simple ripple (Attic 24) and it's a nice change from the blanket stitch!

Have a good day, friends. :manyheart

Good morning.  It finally looks like spring here. Leaves are out and the grass needs mowing.

I have been so busy running around that I haven’t done any crafting of any sort for quite a while. However, I think that things will slow down a bit soon.  One of my co-workers taught another co-worker to crochet, and she turned out a baby blanket in just a few days.  She also taught her to knit, and for her first project she is doing socks.  She is clearly a lot more ambitious than I am.  Wonder if I should warn her about stash acquisition syndrome?  She has ordered two of the Attic 24 yarn packs already, and has discovered more yarn shops in the area than I knew existed.  Guess it’s too late to warn her!

Re-downsizing. I think it’s hard for almost everyone.  My parents solved the problem by simply choosing a 3500 square foot condo in a senior complex. (Bigger than their house). My in-laws simply waited until they were too frail to take care of it, and both ended up in a nursing home.  (Let the kids do it!). I have never seen more useless stuff in one small 2 bedroom apartment.  My mil saved absolutely everything. Even her old worn out underwear got washed, folded and boxed up for storage in the basement. Luckily my fil was not a pack rat, so it could have been worse. 

Judy, pretty blanket. I always struggle a bit with edges.  You sure are busy making things.

well, better get going on housework. 😞

Posted (edited)

It was a nice weekend with minimal rain.  Everyone including dh were busy trying to catch up on the mowing as another stretch of soggy days have moved in.  Sat I went with sis and niece to Sam's and a few other places while dh spent the day doing vessel exams for USCGA at one of the area lakes.  I have finished another granny stripe afghan for Project Linus and started another trying to work up my huge hoard of yarn.  I like that I can sit and do them without much thought and just grab different colors.  I usually just do granny squares. 

Our nearly 90 year old neighbors son passed away last week.They used to have big bbqs and the best Halloween parties and we were always invited.  After her husband passed 18 years ago we kept a close eye on her making sure we saw her or at least saw that her Bostons were going in and out daily.  If for some reason family called her and she didnt get to the phone I got a call to check up on her.  We would shovel snow for her and mowed 4 or 5 acres for her when her mower was down.  After a few years her other son and dil moved in.    Instead of a funeral service they are going to have a Celebration of Life at one of the parks so it will be like one last party or bbq which is what they did for his dad.

Yesterday we went to a luncheon at the senior place.  I wanted to see if the food was as good as I remembered. We toured one of the new buildings that wasnt there last time we toured.  It has the gym, aqua center, a couple of restaurants and apartments.

Edited by bgs

Hi House. :):rain  I hope everyone is having a good weekend.  We've had several more inches of rain this past week.  I try not to complain because we will be praying for rain this summer! 

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! :flower  We're meeting Sarah and her guys at one of our favorite restaurants tomorrow.

My ripple afghan is about ¾ finished...hope to accomplish more this afternoon.

• Like 1

It's been a busy couple of weeks. Hope it's finally slowing down. DH's usual Tuesday apt is the only thing on the calendar. Oldest son may come visit tomorrow.

5 1/2" later the rain is finally moving out and hopefully the pool will be warm enough for swimming. At least I got some crocheting done while it rained. Finished the main part of the cars blanket. Started on a tunic but it has major size problems so I put it aside and started a shawl. 

I bought several plants last week that I need to get repotted. And I need to separate the volunteer tomato plants that have come up in my raised bed.

My main aim for the week is to get my snacking under control and start working on losing some of the weight I've gained the last two months.

Happy Mother's Day!

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2019 at 10:16 AM, Skysmom said:

Good Monday morning. :) 

Judy ~ Good luck with all the appointments.  We don't have any this week...can't remember the last time that happened!  I've always loved the combination of purple/lavender and green.  Looking forward to seeing the granny 'ghan!

I made spinach lasagna rolls yesterday and hubby was happy.  This morning minestrone sounds good so of course I need to go to the store again.

My current project is a simple ripple (Attic 24) and it's a nice change from the blanket stitch!

Mary, I'll have to give that ripple stitch another go - I tried it some time ago and had trouble getting it right so I gave up. Can't wait to see the blanket!

I'm at the point on the Giant granny square where I'm starting to think about How big I'll make it and how I'm going to finish it off...   then it's back to the baby cosy stripe in white and many shades of purple.

On 5/8/2019 at 10:31 AM, Gardener said:

Good morning.  It finally looks like spring here. Leaves are out and the grass needs mowing.

I have been so busy running around that I haven’t done any crafting of any sort for quite a while. However, I think that things will slow down a bit soon.  One of my co-workers taught another co-worker to crochet, and she turned out a baby blanket in just a few days.  She also taught her to knit, and for her first project she is doing socks.  She is clearly a lot more ambitious than I am.  Wonder if I should warn her about stash acquisition syndrome?  She has ordered two of the Attic 24 yarn packs already, and has discovered more yarn shops in the area than I knew existed.  Guess it’s too late to warn her!

Sounds like you're too late already - once you order Attic24 kits from Wool Warehouse ---- you are well and truly sunk🤣

Re-downsizing. I think it’s hard for almost everyone.  My parents solved the problem by simply choosing a 3500 square foot condo in a senior complex. (Bigger than their house). My in-laws simply waited until they were too frail to take care of it, and both ended up in a nursing home.  (Let the kids do it!). I have never seen more useless stuff in one small 2 bedroom apartment.  My mil saved absolutely everything. Even her old worn out underwear got washed, folded and boxed up for storage in the basement. Luckily my fil was not a pack rat, so it could have been worse. 

Judy, pretty blanket.Thanks!!  I always struggle a bit with edges.  You sure are busy making things. There's not much else to keep me busy - you have a huge house and stress filled job! My cleaning these days is a lot more superficial than it used to be, since I don't want to hurt by back and aggravate the scoliosis. Hubby says just say the word when I want to call someone in to take care of stuff I can't do. He helps with everything except the bathrooms. He did that once...let's just say since he doesn't read labels he can be dangerous. LOL!  He has trouble lifting things or bending to pick up stuff. There may come a time when we have to think about downsizing to a senior complex!!!!!  

well, better get going on housework. 😞

On 5/8/2019 at 11:24 AM, bgs said:

It was a nice weekend with minimal rain.  Everyone including dh were busy trying to catch up on the mowing as another stretch of soggy days have moved in.  Sat I went with sis and niece to Sam's and a few other places while dh spent the day doing vessel exams for USCGA at one of the area lakes.  I have finished another granny stripe afghan for Project Linus and started another trying to work up my huge hoard of yarn.That's what I've been trying to do - then I ran out of lavenderand had to go to Michaels! At least I got a giant sk of their brand, which I had been using, for half price. The person getting the ghan I'm making right now requested a giant granny. Otherwise I love just making squares, too!   I like that I can sit and do them without much thought and just grab different colors.  I usually just do granny squares. 

Our nearly 90 year old neighbors son passed away last week.They used to have big bbqs and the best Halloween parties and we were always invited.  After her husband passed 18 years ago we kept a close eye on her making sure we saw her or at least saw that her Bostons were going in and out daily.  If for some reason family called her and she didnt get to the phone I got a call to check up on her.  We would shovel snow for her and mowed 4 or 5 acres for her when her mower was down.  After a few years her other son and dil moved in.    Instead of a funeral service they are going to have a Celebration of Life at one of the parks so it will be like one last party or bbq which is what they did for his dad.

Yesterday we went to a luncheon at the senior place.  I wanted to see if the food was as good as I remembered. We toured one of the new buildings that wasnt there last time we toured.  It has the gym, aqua center, a couple of restaurants and apartments.

Supposedly this year has been the rainiest year on record! We are so tired of it! No chance we'll have a drought this summer.....

Later, gators!

Edited by judianne

I delivered two more granny stripe afghans to my sis on Sat to turn in at her office for their Project Linus drive.  I posted pictures over in the Boxing Day thread.

https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/160945-boxing-day-2019-any-charity-items/?page=6

Dh cut down and cut up a dead tree for sis while we were there while sis and I worked on the smaller stuff.

Oh goodness they are showing an 87° this week.  Not looking forward to hot.  Today would have been a good day to mow---not raining but we were busy with other things.  

• Like 1

Good morning all. :)  I can't believe it's Friday already!  We're supposed to have more storms tomorrow and they are closing the lake road near us.  The lake levels are at or over flood stage and more rain will not be good.  We use that road as a shortcut to go to several appointments, so we'll have to change our route.

Judy ~ Have you finished the granny 'ghan?  My ripple is completed and I'm trying to decide what to start next.

Brenda ~ Your granny stripe afghans are lovely!  I love the random colors! 

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :manyheart  I'm going to run errands early this morning, so need to get busy.

The granny stripes are pretty! 

Our older son is coming for a visit today. He couldn't make it Monday as originally planned. Looking forward to a quiet weekend.

I finished the first petal motif in the Bernat Pop Petals Blanket CAL. I decided to make one for each of the GDs. It seems pretty heavy for the rest of the what appears to be a DC square. Hope I don't have to figure out something else. If you like huge flowers:

https://www.yarnspirations.com/pop-petals-crochet-along.html?utm_campaign=May-13-19_M11A_CAL_Clue1&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yarnspirations.com%2Fca-en%2Fpop-petals-crochet-along.html&utm_source=SalesForceMarketingCloud

Nice blanket Mary! Bright colors look wonderful together ❤️

Finished blanket. Her initial is on both sides...no right or wrong side to this. Took a pic in daylight (what is that bright or in the sky??) .... true colors are pretty.

IMG_20190517_115305.jpg

IMG_20190517_114034052.jpg

Judy pretty afghan.  I like how you arranged the colors.  Is it basically a large granny square with rows added at each end to make it longer and do you turn on each round of the granny square.

Well we made it into the 90's so we turned the heat pump over to ac.  Tues we went to dmv for plates on one car and renew my license.  Thurs we had another appointment at the senior place and errands.  This morning another real estate agent came out.  Dh has been working on mowing between appointments because rain is moving back in.

Its time to start on ministockings for W4W.  I should be cleaning and getting rid of things but using up yarn counts doesnt it?