judianne

Our House (Part Three)

Mary, it's a three hour round trip, but that's as close as you can get for an oncologist in our rural area. We'll go back to Little Rock the end of June for retesting. Now it's just a matter of settling in to the routine.

Hi peeps!

Finished the Spoke Flower blanket, a free pattern on Ravelry. Pattern was very wordy, but once I underlined the important parts it was smooth sailing. These colors were requested, as the baby's room will have a unicorn and dolphin theme. Mine measures 46 inches and is made entirely from stash🤗

I took a close up of the border, a crab stitch done in the back loop, sequence there is two brands of lavender, violet or purple (lost the wrapper) and ended with real teal. Indoor lighting, unfortunately.

IMG_20190331_135817370.jpg

IMG_20190331_144014323.jpg

• Like 1

Pretty, Judy! Love the colors.

• Like 1

Good morning, House. :)  It's only in the 40's and cloudy.  I love this weather because we know what's coming soon enough...never look forward to Texas summers!

Judy ~ The afghan is adorable!  Love the colors and that pattern is really fun. :yes

Hi Mona!

We're home today and I've been going non-stop since 6:30.  I've decided I deserve a crochet afternoon. :D  Of course I could vacuum...

Have a good Monday. :manyheart

• Like 1

Judy what a pretty afghan.

Mona I understand the 3 hour round trip business.  I hate getting into the car because it usually means a 2 hour round trip minimum.  If its for an appointment we add another hour to get there just in case.  You dont know if you will wind up behind farm equipment, accidents, or road work zones you will encounter.  Hope you have a good week.

Mary we are about 20 miles due south of the small town of Wellington which overlooks the MO River so we dont have problems from it.  There is a creek though that sometimes makes the road impassable on past us.  A couple of times it has covered the bridge on the highway.  Amtrack has been running busses between KC and St Louis because the track is by the river and flooded.  They thought they might start running again this week.  I find this amusing----In Lafayette county there is a town named Wellington.  The next town is Napolean but the unincorporated area at the crossroad between them is called Waterloo.

• Like 1

Hi peeps! Thanks for the compliments! I did have fun making that colorful ghan. My friend LOVED it! She said the colors are so spot on with her friend's nursery decor.

Well, after hearing some scratching in the attic a couple of night's ago, first thing this morning as I got on the scale next to the bathtub, I discovered the reason for it.

A little gray mouse was sitting in the middle of the tub, looking lost. When we first moved in here we had one...and for some reason that one ended up in the tub - the drain, specifically. our GSD at the tie tried to climb in the tub to get it.I quietly told hubby and he handed me his bathroom trash can, which has an insert, and reminded me to get the rubber gloves - before he went into his bathroom shower😂

So, I reached in the tub and picked up the little guy by his tail, dropped him in the can, lightly put the insert over him, and ran into the yard. Hopefully he found a hiding place in the pile of leaves over our back fence, where I dropped him.

The rest of the day has been more uneventful. I just made a wheel Lattice square using some of the wool blend cranberry yarn a friend gave me. Picture coming.....

It's almost 10 inches, using a G hook. True burgundy, not purple.

IMG_20190404_111019670.jpg

Judy glad it was just a mouse (and not a bat, raccoon or squirrel) and that you got it relocated.  Thats a really pretty square.

On 4/4/2019 at 11:41 AM, bgs said:

Judy glad it was just a mouse (and not a bat, raccoon or squirrel) and that you got it relocated.  Thats a really pretty square.

Thanks! 

And I was so glad I was able to release the little guy - his ears were huge - had to be a baby....

Boy I could of sworn I was in here a little while ago.  Was I wrong.

Mona keeping good thoughts for you and your DH.

I can't take long drives in the car, my knees lock and it is hard to walk.  I am lucky all my Dr.'s are within 30 minutes of the house.

Love what everyone is doing.

Great picture Judy.  You would love it here, as the Yankees come to Tampa for Spring Training.

Nothing on my hook right now,  as I am working on something in knit.  I do have a lot on my list when this other project is done.

The flower babies have now found a new home.  They are going to a Nursing home.  My neighbor's Mother is in one and she said there are a lot of women who have no family.  So I gave her some dolls a while ago and thought they could use a pick me up for the spring.

May 2012 Table 006.jpg

May 2012 Table 007.jpg

• Like 1

Hi ladies.  Nothing much happening here. I haven’t been crafting much, just knitting a bit on a scrap yarn blanket and a little bunny.  I’ve been reading a lot.  It’s been really nice weather here for the most part so some yard work got done as well.  Since I have told myself that I can’t start any new craft projects, I have been quite unproductive  

Judy, that afghan is so pretty  but...I have to say, just looking at that crab stitch border makes my hands hurt!

Mary Jo, your dolls are so lovely, and it’s so sweet that you are sending them off to a nursing home.

Posted (edited)

Hi peeps!

On 4/6/2019 at 11:55 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Boy I could of sworn I was in here a little while ago.  Was I wrong.

Mona keeping good thoughts for you and your DH.

I can't take long drives in the car, my knees lock and it is hard to walk.  I am lucky all my Dr.'s are within 30 minutes of the house.

Love what everyone is doing.

Great picture Judy.  You would love it here, as the Yankees come to Tampa for Spring Training.We watch those Spring training games a lot...it's a gorgeous ballpark!

Nothing on my hook right now,  as I am working on something in knit.  I do have a lot on my list when this other project is done.

The flower babies have now found a new home.  They are going to a Nursing home.  My neighbor's Mother is in one and she said there are a lot of women who have no family.  So I gave her some dolls a while ago and thought they could use a pick me up for the spring.

May 2012 Table 006.jpg

May 2012 Table 007.jpg

Awesome work, Mary Jo! I know they will be much loved!

On 4/8/2019 at 8:18 PM, Gardener said:

Hi ladies.  Nothing much happening here. I haven’t been crafting much, just knitting a bit on a scrap yarn blanket and a little bunny.  I’ve been reading a lot.  It’s been really nice weather here for the most part so some yard work got done as well.  Since I have told myself that I can’t start any new craft projects, I have been quite unproductive  I get like that, too, when I only have routine WIPs to finish....a case of the blahs...🤣

Judy, that afghan is so pretty  but...I have to say, just looking at that crab stitch border makes my hands hurt! Thanks! And surprisingly, my hands didn't hurt from the border - I used a clover hook this time and was able to hold it loosely enough that the yarn draped really well. Some yarns....well, THAT would have been torturous.

Mary Jo, your dolls are so lovely, and it’s so sweet that you are sending them off to a nursing home.

Next project is close to having its picture taken. Made the textured throw from Red Heart again, and used the neutral wool blend I was gifted, It's BIG...lady is getting her yarn back....made into a throw. The lady is also tall and big, so it's going to be a good fit!

Edited by judianne

With a little help from Zelda this is how my niece announced she was getting married in Oct.

IMG_8011.thumb.jpg.72ec0ee51ac571b3c69d58d241c733b4.jpg

I imagine it will be interesting.  Sounds like they want the ceremony outside at the place they are buying.  I suspect Zelda will be in it and wondering if they both will wear their uniforms.  Hers is  very unflattering especially the hat.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bgs said:

With a little help from Zelda this is how my niece announced she was getting married in Oct.

IMG_8011.thumb.jpg.72ec0ee51ac571b3c69d58d241c733b4.jpg

I imagine it will be interesting.  Sounds like they want the ceremony outside at the place they are buying.  I suspect Zelda will be in it and wondering if they both will wear their uniforms.  Hers is  very unflattering especially the hat.  

What a cute way to announce their marriage!

'Morning from stormy Texas. :rain  Gracie is curled up in the big closet under the stairs and we're ready in case we need to join her!  Life really has gotten in the way the last couple of weeks.  Lots of appointments and we had the boys last weekend.  Looking forward to some crochet time! 

Have a good Saturday, friends. :manyheart  It's hailing now and I'm headed for our safe place!

It's cool, windy and raining/storming here this weekend. Good weather to stay in and read or crochet.

Mary, hope your weather wasn't too bad.

Brenda, cute announcement!

Mary Jo, love your dolls!

It's been another busy week. Started out with DH in the hospital getting blood again, then dermatologist appointments for both of us. Finally got the pool guy here today to get the pool unwinterized (is that a word??!) Avoiding younger son and his family--he got the stomach bug that's going around.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

• Like 1

Hi peeps. 

Mary, are you ok after yesterday???

Mona, my goddaughters family has had that bug going around twice already!!! It's been compared to Noro virus! Good thing you staying away from it.   I haven't seen anyone at my goddaughters house in over a month!!!! Not good if I catch it.

Here's my latest project waiting for initials. Will measure and get a large picture sometime today I think.

IMG_20190414_070337848.jpg

• Like 1

Good Morning.

Mary I do hope you are all well and the weather was not as bad.

Mona the last thing you and DH need is the bug.

Talk care and Have a great Sunday.

Good morning, Ladies. 🌞  Once again, the worst of the storms missed us.  After seeing pictures of major damage, I  am so thankful knowing it could have been us.  We have one cracked window upstairs from the hail, but everything else looks okay. The sun is shining and the hummingbirds are at both feeders this morning!

Brenda ~ Thank you for the wonderful picture of Zelda.  Such a great way to announce the wedding!

Mona ~ Thinking of you both and hope things are going okay. :hug   I know you're doing a lot of driving along with keeping up with everything else and I hope you can take a little 'me' time, too.

Hi Mary Jo!  The flower babies are adorable!  I love seeing your tables and other projects...you are so talented!  (Peggy Sue will always be my favorite, though. :D)

Judy ~ Beautiful afghan!  Love the texture of the cross stitch rows...so pretty. :yes

Hi Cindy and the rest of the House, too!

I'm working on another blanket stitch baby afghan...and trying to figure out why I'm not tired of the pattern yet. :lol

• Like 1

Finished! 56 by 52...it's a wool blend. Initials in the middle, of course. She has two Labs at home, so no need to wash this one😂

IMG_20190414_115221075.jpg

Hi ladies. Snowing hard here. There’s at least an inch on the ground.  We are supposed to get up to 5 inches, but hopefully it will stop soon.  We were supposed to have grandkids over last night, but they are sick so we went out to the lake instead.  It was cold out there, but we were bundled up and walked along the boardwalk for a bit. 

Nice blanket Judy.

Mary, so glad the worst of the storm missed you.

Mona, continued good thoughts for you and hubby.

• Like 1

Judy ~ The afghan looks just perfect with the initials added! 

Cindy ~ Stay warm!  You must be so ready for spring.  I hope the grandkids feel better soon. :hug

We went out for lunch and a trip to Lowe's and the grocery store.  So exciting around here! Lol

Judy another lovely afghan.

Mary glad to hear the worst of the storms missed you.  

Cindy sorry about the snow.  They had said we were going to get rain with a snowflake or two but it never rained.

Mona hope you have a good week and most definitely do not catch that flu bug.

• Like 1

Good Morning!  The glass company guys are coming this morning to replace the window.  They said they've had several calls, but it could have been much worse.  The upstairs windows are 6' by 6' and this one is in my sewing room, so I had to do some major rearranging. Lol  More storms coming tomorrow evening - oh joy. :no

I have several errands to take care of, so I'm leaving hubby here to direct traffic.  Have a good Tuesday, friends. :manyheart

Hi peeps!

Went to get my blood work done this AM....and CINDY, I always think of you when I go. I remind myself to breath when they're poking me. This phlebotomist touched one vein...Oh, they are small, she said...and went to her own kit for a small setup...lol!  She was GOOD!

On 4/14/2019 at 6:43 PM, Skysmom said:

Judy ~ The afghan looks just perfect with the initials added! Thanks! When I showed it to hubby without initials he looked at me and said - aren't you going to personalize it?🤣 

Cindy ~ Stay warm!  You must be so ready for spring.  I hope the grandkids feel better soon. :hug

We went out for lunch and a trip to Lowe's and the grocery store.  So exciting around here! Lol

Mary, it sounds like our lives...rip roaring😜

On 4/14/2019 at 2:15 PM, Gardener said:

Hi ladies. Snowing hard here. There’s at least an inch on the ground.  We are supposed to get up to 5 inches, but hopefully it will stop soon.  Yikes! We were supposed to have grandkids over last night, but they are sick so we went out to the lake instead.  It was cold out there, but we were bundled up and walked along the boardwalk for a bit. 

Hubby isn't into brisk weather like I am ....that sounds nice❤️

Nice blanket Judy.Thanks! I make that pattern so much - right now I'm making another christening blanket using the textured throw pattern. When I go to a G hook using RH Soft yarn the holes in the pattern are much smaller. I figured out that chaining 115 gives me 28 inches across and I'll make it 32 long or so.

Mary, so glad the worst of the storm missed you.

Mona, continued good thoughts for you and hubby.

22 hours ago, Skysmom said:

Good Morning!  The glass company guys are coming this morning to replace the window.  They said they've had several calls, but it could have been much worse.  The upstairs windows are 6' by 6' and this one is in my sewing room, so I had to do some major rearranging. Lol  More storms coming tomorrow evening - oh joy. :no

I have several errands to take care of, so I'm leaving hubby here to direct traffic.  Have a good Tuesday, friends. :manyheart

That's a big window! I hope your good luck as far as not having major damage, continues.💕