judianne

Our House (Part Three)

Mona that is just too much rain.  Seems like we dont get many of those nice slow gentle rains anymore.  Its either dry as a bone or flooding.  

Judy and Cindy I think the snow that came thru here earlier in the week has made it to you and intensified along the way.  Its raining and thundering out now but blizzard warnings not too far away to our north and west.  Mary you are probably getting lots of snow.  

Hi peeps!

thanks for the compliments on the ghan! Alyson will love the colors❤️

On 2/20/2019 at 1:34 PM, bgs said:

Mary love your blanket stitch ghan.  Such a pretty color combo.

Judy love yours too.  Was that one of their yarn kits and color arrangements?  Yes, it was a yarn pack, though some ladies used stash, and they were beautiful too. I really liked it and would never have known to combine those colors especially the green end.  I tend to not care for the colors on the green end and have a hard time working with colors I dont like.  I often have to tell myself it is my personal bias and there are people that love those colors.  On occasion I have made squares for someone else using several colors they liked but colors I strongly dislike but wound up loving the combination.I'm not a fan of green either, but once we got to the flowery colors it was a joy to work on. I've made the sweet pea pattern in a smaller version for a baby ghan - Lucy, the Attic24 lady, has recently added that size to her blog, I believe.

Last night we had our third major weather event in 5 days besides the ones the week before.  47 car pileup on interstate nearby.Oh, wow! We are in survival mode which is getting tiresome.  We are in fine form dh's side hurting from a fall wondering if it was a cracked rib and me down in my back.  Both are better but this week I have a finger tip that wants to stay numb so I must be pinching a nerve in my arm

Winter seems to be a really bad time, some years more than others. Take care of yourselves❤️

On 2/21/2019 at 8:28 PM, Gardener said:

Hi ladies, sorry that I’ve been so quiet.  I’ve been in the mood to clean, and I thought I had better take advantage of it!  I totally revamped our master bedroom closet. I bought all new organizers and even managed to get hubby on board with sorting his belongings.  It looks great!  Unfortunately, the mood has now passed!We've been redoing the big bedroom I use as my sitting room. The first step was decluttering and moving almost everything out! I'm sorry i didn't take "before" pictures...though I would have been too embarrassed to show them to anyone😂 Just need to do a few little things and - if you pretend the stuffed yarn closet isn't in the room - it's great! Eventually the yarn closet will be addressed. It's not just yarn...

Judy and Mary, your afghans are gorgeous.  Thanks!

Our weather has improved a bit.  It was actually above freezing today.  I’m sure winter is far from over, but it’s nice to get a bit of a break!

enjoy your evening!

6 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I just thought it was wet Thursday. We've now had 12" of rain this week and there is lots of water in the yard from overflowing ditches.

I got some crocheting time in yesterday and made an Easter washcloth. I've got lots of little chores today to get ready to go to Little Rock tomorrow. Crochet projects are packed and ready.

Be careful on the road....I hope it all goes well💞

Hi ladies. :)  I don't want another day to go by without checking in, so I'll just say 'Hi' for now.  All is good now and I will check in hopefully tomorrow. 

Have a good night, everyone. :manyheart

• Like 1

Sat's rain melted a lot of snow but the larger piles are hanging in there.  We are having a couple sunny days in the 40's and then it gets pretty cold again.  Last night the weatherman said we have never went from some date in Oct to today without hitting a 60° day.  We finally were able to bring down boxes to pack away Christmas.  So its been 6 months since dh's last day at work and we just now get a letter they need more documentation before finalizing his retirement.  :bang

Hi ladies. Another winter storm watch here, and it’s snowing at the moment.  The forecast is for another 6 inches.  When is spring?  

I took some vacation time from work and am off for the next 2 1/2 weeks.  On Sunday I came down with a doozy of a cold.  I was supposed to work, but I ended up being mandated to stay home.  I didn’t want to call in, because if you call in sick on a weekend, you have to make it up, so it was a welcome phone call.  I have done nothing much since Sunday.  I’m still hoping to get lots of cleaning and downsizing done.  

• Like 1

On 2/26/2019 at 12:18 PM, bgs said:

Sat's rain melted a lot of snow but the larger piles are hanging in there.  We are having a couple sunny days in the 40's and then it gets pretty cold again.  Last night the weatherman said we have never went from some date in Oct to today without hitting a 60° day.  We finally were able to bring down boxes to pack away Christmas.  So its been 6 months since dh's last day at work and we just now get a letter they need more documentation before finalizing his retirement.  :bang

That's really slow, the way they got back to DH about retirement issues! Awful! I hope it clears up quickly.

Hi House.  This past week has been a rough one and things are finally much better.  DH had his 3rd  Moh's procedure last Thursday.  He fell on his arm the next morning.  We went to the ER and nothing was broken, but they kept him overnight thinking he might have a concussion.  He neglected to tell me he bumped his head, too!  He felt fine and we went ahead with the plastic surgery for the skin cancer areas.  (We had to be there at 5 on Monday morning.)  The surgery went well, but he had 2½ days of nausea...even though we had anti nausea meds.

Not a fun week!  Needless to say, I haven't crocheted at all and that is going to change this afternoon. :) 

I am catching up on laundry, bills, etc. and will go back and read posts because I can't remember what I read before. Lol

1 hour ago, Skysmom said:

Hi House.  This past week has been a rough one and things are finally much better.  DH had his 3rd  Moh's procedure last Thursday.  He fell on his arm the next morning.  We went to the ER and nothing was broken, but they kept him overnight thinking he might have a concussion.  He neglected to tell me he bumped his head, too!  He felt fine and we went ahead with the plastic surgery for the skin cancer areas.  (We had to be there at 5 on Monday morning.)  The surgery went well, but he had 2½ days of nausea...even though we had anti nausea meds.

Not a fun week!  Needless to say, I haven't crocheted at all and that is going to change this afternoon. :) 

I am catching up on laundry, bills, etc. and will go back and read posts because I can't remember what I read before. Lol

Sounds hard and exhausting on multiple fronts.  Wishing you both a speedy recovery.  I think you need a little crochet therapy.  :hug 

Thanks, Judy! I hate big city driving and I40. Now I really hate F250 trucks and parking garages.  The truck has a new owie after I got too close to a concrete beam. We've had the truck for 6-7 years, bought it used, so luckily it didn't hurt my feelings like it would have a newer vehicle.

Brenda, that's so frustrating! I hope they'll get it all straight soon.

CIndy, hope you're feeling better and enjoying your time off, accomplishing lots of house stuff.

Mary, hope everything is going better now. That's definitely a trying week.

We got back from Little Rock last night after lots of tests and finding out DH has more bone lesions that we thought. So back to LR again next week. The Dr will have a game plan when we see him Tuesday but there will definitely be chemo next week, just not sure if it will be there or closer to home. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

• Like 1

Wow....good thing we ladies are the stronger ones! Hugs, Mary and Mona 😘😘😘

Some eye candy to make everyone smile

IMG_20190301_104531405_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Judy thank you for the eye candy.  It did make me smile.

Mona hope dh can get treatment closer to home.  I hear you on trucks and tight places.  First thing I drove was a F 150 with a camper shell on it.  It was manual transmission to boot. 

I spent the first hour of my day looking for the safety deposit key.  Dh wanted to know if I remembered when "we" were in it last.  That would be him going back and forth taking care of his retirement and social security.  I was glad that after years of him keeping both keys in the envelope together that I separated them and left one at my sisters.  He eventually found it in the center console of the suv.  

• Like 1

Judy, I love the frog blanket! So colorful and cheerful!

Brenda, that sounds familiar. DH lost his key to my jeep some time ago and has been using the spare. Then he lost it too. Luckily found it this week on the dash of the F250. Sometimes I think I spent half my time looking for stuff--mostly his stuff. LOL

Making good progress today--a couple more loads of clothes to go, bills are paid, appointments canceled, caught up on email, now just some of the week's paperwork to sort through and organize.

• Like 1

Good morning, everyone. :)  It's very cold and windy - our temps are supposed to break records tonight and tomorrow.  Feeding our birds is a full time job.  Lol

Mona ~ I hope you all are okay.  The pictures of the flooding in Mississippi are incredible!  Have a safe trip back to Little Rock on Tuesday and keeping fingers crossed that your DH can have his treatments closer to home. ♥♥♥ 

Cindy ~ Hopefully your cold is much better by now. :hug  Good for you for taking some vacation time...you deserve it!  My last cleaning/organizing phase didn't last very long, but it's time for me to get back with it. :yes

Judy ~ The froggy afghan is adorable!  Your graph 'ghans have always been amazing!  Are you getting lots of snow?

Brenda ~ You all must be so ready for spring!  Stay safe and warm...maybe this will be the last storm of the winter!  I hope they were able to finalize your DH's paperwork.

Hi to the rest of the house, too. :manyheart

DH has his follow-up app't with the surgeon tomorrow and he will remove stitches and then we see the dermatologist after that. 

Have a good Sunday, friends. :)

Hi peeps

Mary, we are close to the ocean so ended up with about three inches....north and west got 8! We're going to get really cold weather, so will have to deal with ice for the rest of the week....THAT I can live without.   

Have to dash....Turbo Tax is calling my name🤣

We were gone all day Sat.  The bonsai society had a guest artist in town from Denver so we watched him all day and then all went out to supper that evening.  Sun we woke up to only (yippee) 2 of the 6 inches of predicted snow but because of the timing church was cancelled again.  We ventured out about 4pm to check the roads and go have supper at the nearby Mexican restaurant.  Temps dropped all day and that wind really cut through my velour pants which are usually pretty warm.  Had a frigid night but its finally warmed up to 5°.

Mona hope everything is going well with dh's appointment.  

Judy glad you just got the 3".  Hope the ice misses you.  Last Wed in KC the roads were horrible with a glaze of ice on the Mo side but KS was ok as they started treating hours earlier.  Niece started to work and turned around and went back home.  Sis went to work but regretted it.  Said she would have turned around if she could have found a safe place to do so.

Mary we go through lots of sunflower seed, suet and sugar water (in summer for the hummers).  We buy the sunflower seed in 50# bags.  

'Morning all. :)  It's still in the teens, but the sun is out and it makes it feel warmer.  By Saturday, it's supposed to be in the 70's!

Judy ~ When we have ice, you will never see me driving! :lol  Texans aren't used to it unless they moved from up north. Lol  Stay safe! ♥  Have you started another project?  I need to go over the taxes and check everything before I do the final forms...so much for getting them finished early.

Hi Brenda ~ Isn't it fun to see all the winter birds?  We keep two finch feeders filled with thistle seed and we've had more this year than usual.  Both gold and purple finches and they are so pretty!  We keep sunflower seeds in the regular feeders and buy the huge bags, too.  One of the bird baths has a heater, so that helps in weather like this!

Mona ~ Thinking of you all. :hug

We're home today and I've been doing the usual boring chores.  I started another baby afghan...it seems I'm addicted to the blanket stitch.   Have a good Tuesday! :manyheart

Hi ladies. Still have that cold, although it’s much improved, and I have energy to get stuff done again.  It’s still very cold, and snowing.  However we are supposed to be close to 50 degrees on Sunday.

Yesterday, the grandkids came over and despite the -10 windchill, they insisted on tobogganing for hours. Of course they were freezing out there.  So....I made all of them a cowl/ neckwarmer, plus I made a hat for the oldest grand daughter.  I got a bunch of bulky yarn for 99 cents a skein last winter. Only thing is, once I got it home, I had no clue what to use it for.  I still have quite a bit left, but at least this made a dent in it.  

Mary, I avoid driving in snow if possible.  Ice is even worse.  Hope dh’s visit with the surgeon went well.

We feed the birds too. It’s nice to see them fluttering around when everything else is so gloomy.  We live in the woods so we get a lot of birds.

Mona, sending hugs.

Judy, thanks for the eye candy.  Love the frog!

Brenda, our church was cancelled a Sunday because of high winds.  It was snowing as well, but I think they were concerned about whiteouts.

image.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Cindy :)  Everything you made looks so warm and snuggly!  I remember growing up in Iowa and we didn't care how cold it was...ice skating and sledding on the hills at the nearby golf course.  When we got home, we were marched down to the basement to hang all of our ice covered mittens and clothing on the clothes lines.   I hope your cold is gone soon. ♥♥♥

I made taco soup and cornbread for supper...DH was happy.  Have a good night all.

• Like 1

Hi peeps!

Winter is still around....frigid out there!

I'm finishing a christening blanket for the project. Fortunately there are now 6 of us! 

I'm going to make a small stuffed turtle for my friends granddaughter (my goddaughter's family). The 16 month old LOVES turtles - and she says it so adorably...

I also have a friend with 2 pregnant ladies she's friends with, and she asked if I would like to make couple of baby blankets for her to give them...so....but there's no rush, tg!

I hope our really cold weather/below freezing is gone for the season. Warmer now and a few days of sun before the rain is back.

We're home through the weekend. They decided on the more aggressive chemo so we go to Little Rock Monday and chemo starts Wednesday. We'll be there approximately three weeks. So lots to do and rearranged before then.

How many crochet projects do you need for three weeks?! Lol 

Well, off to start the day. Stay warm!

2 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I hope our really cold weather/below freezing is gone for the season. Warmer now and a few days of sun before the rain is back.

We're home through the weekend. They decided on the more aggressive chemo so we go to Little Rock Monday and chemo starts Wednesday. We'll be there approximately three weeks. So lots to do and rearranged before then.

How many crochet projects do you need for three weeks?! Lol 

Well, off to start the day. Stay warm!

How many projects will you need???  Take everything that will fit in the trunk!!!  😁

• Haha 1

Good Morning. :)

Mona ~ Just getting ready to be gone for three weeks is a lot for you. :hug   I hope you can have a little "me" time before you go back to Little Rock.  Will you all stay in a hotel or at the hospital?  Please check in when you can and let us know how your hubby is doing.

Judy ~ It sounds like you have quite a list of projects to keep you busy!  That's great that your group is growing. :yes  Our weather is warming up now and it's supposed to be in the 70s the next 3 days.  Stay warm!

Hi Collette! :waving

Better get busy again so I can crochet later.  Have a good day, friends. :manyheart

Hi-back at 'ya, Mary!  Did you get to crochet last night?  My Crochet Club had its regular meeting this morning, and I am close to getting yet another prayer shawl done!  Yay!  I'll be able to take 4 or 5 in to the Hospice Monday!  Then I can box up a couple of boxes of lap afghans for the Veterans' hospitals over the weekend.  Maybe that will give me a little more room!

Hi ladies. Had to laugh at today’s weather forecast.  Periods of sun and clouds, rain, sleet and snow expected.  That forecaster is determined to get something right!

I am finally feeling better.  Still have the sniffles, but I feel fine.  So the last few days have been spent restoring order to the house!  

One of my grandsons was so impressed by the neck warmers I gave them that he wants to learn how to crochet.  He’s not sure what he wants to make though.

Mona, sending hugs and good thoughts.  Hope hubby does well with chemo.  

Have a a great rest of the weekend!