judianne

Our House (Part Three)

On 12/18/2018 at 6:45 PM, Skysmom said:

Hi House. :)

Judy ~ I am so sorry about your friend.  :hug   We went to a funeral yesterday for another of hubby's long time friends. That's the hardest part of getting older...seeing our friends pass...hugs to you, too😪

Hubby is still limping along, but his ankle is slowly improving.  They said it could be several weeks and he is definitely not a patient person! 

I will try and catch up more tomorrow...Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Finished sc'ing my woodland squares together and am adding a nice border - and it's just for me. Will get a pic as soon as it's finished.

Stay cozy, my friends.

Judy so sorry for the loss of your friend. :hug  Hope dh's ankle is getting better.

Last Sat was spent with the dulcimer group.  They did a group jam (hammer and mountain) and played Christmas music.  Many play other instruments and brought them along like ukulele, guitar, auto harp, and not one but 3 marimbas showed up.  I dont think I had ever seen a marimba.  We had a potluck lunch and they played more in the afternoon.  Sun afternoon we had another Christmas dinner this time with our beekeeper association.  

Tues afternoon we went to see Disney's Nutcracker.  We picked up some parts for our mowing deck and then stopped for pizza.  Then we drove through Christmas in the Park.  We used to go every year but havent for the last couple.  Its become so popular that cars back up far enough it can take over an hour to get to the display.  Its in its 31st year.  

I am pretty well ready for Christmas.  Just have a couple of packages to wrap and some gift cards to put in cards.  We went to the bank and grocery store this morning and then stopped at the local Mexican Restaurant wher I bought the last gift certificates I needed to pick up.

Hello ladies. I’ve been sick all week, finally feeling a lot better today. Other than a quick run to the grocery store, I am set for Christmas.  This is my weekend to work, so it’s pronably a good thing I’m ready.  

We cleaned out mil’s room at assisted living yesterday. She won’t be able to go back there.  She’s a bit sad about that, but she isn’t able to do much for herself anymore.  Most of the cleaning involved purging her clothes.  I don’t know where she got all those clothes because she has no money and hasn’t been able to shop in at least two years.  She went from a 5 foot wide closet and a huge dresser in assisted living to an 18 inch wide closet and five small drawers in the nursing home.  I took a huge boxful of spring and summer clothes home and will  exchange them for her fall and winter clothes when needed.  Despite that, though we had four huge boxes full to donate, plus several giant bags of trash.  That did not include her desk drawers, which were so full that we could barely open them.  We boxed that all up and my brother in law will sort through the stuff as he has time.  Chances are good that it’s mostly trash.  Mil saved everything she got her hands on.  I must say....I now have the urge to purge!  

Judy, so sorry about your friends death.

• Like 1

Hi, my friends...

Crocheting has been my place to go to when things fall apart...so grateful to have you ladies and my craft in my life. Here's the woodland colors attached with SC and bordered with number 130 from the around the corner birder book. Measurements: 51 inches by 69

IMG_20181223_082757291.jpg

• Like 1

Pretty, Judy! If I tried a random selection, I have a feeling it wouldn't look like that. Lol I too appreciate having crochet and all the nice people here in my life.

• Like 1

Judy nice job.  I am like Mona in thinking my random wouldnt look as nice either.  Crocheting helps me a lot too.  My favorite thing to make when I get depressed are the mini stockings for W4W.  

Cindy hope your mil is adjusting ok.  Its hard coming to terms and accepting you just cant do things like you used to and I guess some never really do.  I know I am not liking admitting that to myself.  

Well I think we are ready.  Yesterday I went to my sisters and cut up lots of veggies for Christmas day.  I went ahead and took all my packages in case something should happen and couldnt make it.  Weather sounds like its going to be ok so slick roads shouldnt be a worry. Going to a candle light service this evening at church.  I teased the pastor this morning and told him I hoped he was keeping it short.  He laughed and said yes it was because he wanted to get home and watch football.

Edited by bgs
  • Like 1

:wreath  Merry Christmas to all of you!

My posts have been few and far between lately, but I think about you all every day.  It's been one thing after another here, but Sue is here for a couple of days and we're going over to the DD's for Santa with the boys and SIL's family. 

Have a wonderful day, friends. :manyheart

Merry Christmas everyone!  Getting ready to head to my sisters house.  Not sure who all is coming as they didnt bother to tell her.

Merry Christmas! Lunch is here today but just nine of us. Very busy last night. We have an open house before/after the town's fireworks show and it was a pretty big crowd.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Cindy, I hope your mil is adjusting well to her new living quarters. Changes are never easy. Hope your feeling better. Maya and Gerimiah are growing like weeds. She is 12 now and Gerimiah is 3. He is not happy about his grandma not being around. He told his mom he was coming to Texas. She asked how and he said flying. lol Today he told me I have to come back to his house. I told him I will, but it will be awhile and that I will let him know when. I have given him a tour thru facetime of the trailer to help him understand where I'm at. 

Judy, Sorry for the loss of your friend. Your afghan is beautiful!

Mary, I hope having Sue around for a few days helps lighten the load.

We had a Christmas Eve party here last night. Exchanged gifts (men for men and women for women). Then you could still someone else's gift. It was a lot of fun. No one stole my gift. I got a huge cooking pot that could feed an army a big pot of soup or anything. I don't cook that much food for anything. Found out there are a lot of women who don't cook. Lucky for them there husbands do. Today we had a potluck Christmas Dinner. We had 89 people. I hope everyone had a nice day. 

Hi Ladies. :)  I hope everyone has had a good week! 

Marlene ~ It's so good to see your post!  We've missed you. :yes  So glad you're back at the coast.  Do things look better than they did last year after the hurricane?  Are you still crocheting?

Judy ~ I love the afghan.  Beautiful work and the colors are so pretty.  You are so right...crocheting and our friends are both so comforting. :ghug 

Cindy ~ Hopefully your MIL will do well in her 'new home.'  And I hope you're feeling back to normal now. :)

Hi to the rest of the House, too!

We had a fun day at DD's on Christmas.  The boys were very busy and excited that their cousins could come over in the afternoon.  It's always fun to have my sister Sue here.

I am rewarding myself for accomplishing a lot this morning. Lol  Crochet time for me! 

Hi ladies. Christmas madness is finally over here,  I still don’t feel well. I went to work on Wednesday and that seemed to start it up all over again.  I think it’s improving, but very slowly.

I haven’t done much of anything to speak of since Wednesday except sleep. Today I have to do laundry though.  It’s piling up!  

Hope everyone else else is well.

On 12/6/2018 at 10:29 AM, bgs said:

Mary thats great on the orders from your etsy shop.  Dh would like me to try to sell crochet stuff but I tell him its hard to get the money out of things to cover what you pay for the yarn let alone anything for your time and I would rather choose who to give it to and when so I make things for charities.  Its snowing again.  I cant remember having this many snow falls before Christmas.  Oh before I forget I like your candy cane avatar.  

Brenda you are right about crochet items and sales.  My daughter and my friend told me long time ago that I should sell my crochet stuff. I did explain to them the "problem" with that idea. It takes a lot of time to make those Amigurumi and I am not about to work for $1,00 or 50 cents per hour. I do not mine making them for my family or friends (some friends LOL). BUT I am not going to do that for strangers. If I would start crocheting them for sale, I would probably stop doing that for good. Because it would not make me feel good just to think that my hard work is so cheap. I know I could not do that! 

I do know I would sell my stuff, BUT for what price? LOL. I would be working for next to nothing.  Giving gifts, I am happy with that:)

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

'Afternoon, friends. :)

Cindy ~ I'm so sorry you're still not feeling well. :hug  So many people we know are experiencing  flu-like symptoms and/or colds right now. Get well soon! 

I ran errands this morning and have started putting away Christmas things.  Tomorrow I will take down the trees and then we just have to get this stuff back in the garage attic.  Hubby's shoulder is better, but his ankle is still bothering him and could for a few more weeks.  Thankfully, we have a couple 'handyman guys' we can call.

Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Happy New Year, everyone. :)  We're under a winter storm watch through Thursday morning.  'Hope it all goes somewhere else. Lol  Just in case, we have lots of firewood and food so we'll be good.

Laundry is going and I've started sorting tax stuff...I procrastinated way too long last year. :lol  Have a good day! :manyheart

Oh, Mary, I can't believe it's only Jan. 1st and you have said that t** word! I'm covering my ears and saying LALALALALALA so I can't hear you. LOL

Cindy, I hope you are feeling better.

We had a good Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Then I got sick Wednesday night. Flu swab was negative but she gave me tamiflu anyway and said it would help you get over other viruses more quickly. I finally started feeling better and able to eat yesterday. Started catching up on the dishes in the sink and some laundry. Not much energy yet, taking it slow. Thank goodness there were lots of leftovers for DH to heat up.

We've had a LOT of rain this week and more is coming tomorrow, but that's better than snow/sleet/ice at least.

Hope everyone has a good week getting back into the regular routine.

Posted (edited)

Hi peeps....I've been MIA for a while....short version, I was a guest at the local hospital from Thursday night through Saturday evening and after all the tests I'm probably still glowing in the dark. I had a fainting episode which evolved into severe vertigo and nausea. All tests were good...but I'm forgetting about the strict cardiac diet and injectable statin. My numbers were in the basement...not comfortable with that. And the fainting: it's a vasovagal condition I've had all my life...but it chose that night, at my close friend's house, to rear it's ugly head.

I'm eating better now and am doing a little more every day....all is good so far.

Edited by judianne

Judy, that sounds terrible. Hope you continue to improve. Take care of yourself!

Judy ~ I've just had a feeling that something was going on with you. :hug   My mom had the same thing for many years, so I know how scary it is and you never know when it's going to show up.  Please keep updating us so we know how you're doing.  Mary's orders...get lots of rest and pamper yourself. ♥♥♥

Mona ~ I'm so glad you're feeling better. :hug  Give yourself permission to take it slow for a while!  And yes, I used the t** word.  Lol  Last year was the first time ever I had to rush to get ours mailed on time.  Hubby had just had two surgical procedures and I swore I would start very early this year.  So we'll see how that goes. :lol 

Chance of freezing rain starting about 6 in the morning...

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

Judy I second Mary's orders and wish you a speedy recovery

Mona in denial here about that dirty t word.  I was so unhappy with dh retiring in Aug.  I wanted just one year of taxes being easier to do.  The last few have had complications to deal with.  I keep telling him its his problem now.  Thing is I am scared to death to let him do them because the first time I handed him the form to fill out he put the wrong number from his w2s on the very first line. :bang Wanna guess which 3 letter govt agency he retired from............

Our Christmas was ok.  Greatnephew and nephew didnt come because of the flu.  I was so exhausted the next day I could hardly do anything.  Sat before I went to help sis get ready.  Then Christmas I went in early to help and stayed to clean up.  Went back last Sat and crawled under house with niece to hook the tvs back to the old antenna after 20+years and multiple cable companies(so lots of cables to trace).  For one brief moment I thought I am not as young and dont get around as good as I used to.  Sure hope they dont have to call the fire dept to pull me out.  I also cut up two pumpkins so sis could cook puree and freeze.

I spent NYE with a bowl of popcorn and John Wayne movies.  It was a gray day and rained a lot.  I was afraid it might turn to ice but we lucked out.  Spent time this morning on phone with a friend that had to put her dog to sleep on Fri.  We  called earlier to see if she might want to meet us somewhere for lunch today.  She is about 2 hours from us and we would gladly have driven that far if she didnt feel like  meeting in the middle.  She said the mind wanted to but between the -6 windchill and feeling so rundown she felt she needed to stay in.  I told her if she felt like she needed to be with friends let us know.  We had Chinese/Japanese for late lunch.  Then stopped at Walmart for a few things but they didnt have everything so had to stop at Michaels. I certainly did not make it very far into the new year without buying yarn-- 2 cakes of mandala yarn and 7 spools of #10 thread. 

Brenda, thanks for the chuckle this morning. DH doesnt even do bank accounts and thinks totally ignoring taxes will make it go away. Luckily (I, guess) we are complicated enough with personal, farm and business that I compile the info and throw it at the CPA.

Awake early this morning with stomach issues. Hopefully will hear from Dr this week about scheduling an upper GI.

I need to make a trip to Sam's this week (almost three hour round trip) but with rain today and tomorrow it may be Wal-Mart this week and Sam's next week.

Hi, my friends. Thanks for all the good wishes...

I have an appointment with my internist this morning. She's a DO, and has already shown me some  great diagnostic ability in the 6 months we've been with her...looking forward to getting her input. I'm bringing a list of questions and a notepad...lol.

Hubby has been going over paperwork, etc, so he knows where and how to do things....but hasn't et me lift a finger to clean or do anything  major. Poor guy - he was petrified. My son, though, hid it well, and was right at my side answering or asking questions of the medical personnel for me. I was so proud of him, esp since he can be a mush like his dad many times.

I have been crocheting a RR for a 2 yo girl. It's  2/3rds finished.

I'll be back😃

Judy glad you have a dr that tries to get to the bottom of things and a dh and ds to take care of you.  It seems like in many cases the patient has to figure it out.  I have a friend that is allergic to iodine.  She had been on a medication for years.  The manufacturer made changes not to the chemical compound of the medication but to the additives.  They started adding iodine as a preservative.  My friend got feeling really bad.  Dr ran tests and tried to figure it out but my friend did lots of research and figured out the cause.  Her thyroid was reacting to the iodine.  

Mona hope uou are feeling better.  I take care of the bank accounts too.  I was mortified when I looked at his after we got married.  I match my books to the penny with statements.  I spent hours going back years fixing the errors in the check register.  Book adjustments were good enough for him.  Also he didnt quite grasp how to check the statement against the register since check book balance numbers rarely match the statement balance.  After a few lessons he made himself a special worksheet in accounting terms.  Hmm you know now that he is retired I should have him do it a few times.   It was just so much faster for me to look at it, and write the 3 or figures from the check register on the statement then add them up to make sure it matched the statements ending balance.  Through the years for taxes I have had to deal with working in one state while residing in another, farm income, income from his main job ( and for awhile mine), as well as his 4 year attempt at making a go at being a real estate agent, income from the token payments from the fire dept which is made to help off set the cost of gas for running to station for calls.  Then the past few years its been things like getting the paperwork right for the tax credit when we replaced our heatpump and then money from the sale of my dads house. I have had them done in the past but after a few times of them somehow using wrong tables and me getting letters back saying we owed more or less I decided I could do just as good a job myself.  

Good Morning!  It's cold and rainy and thank goodness the ice and snow stayed just west of us. :flake

Judy ~ I hope you are continuing to feel better. :hug How did the appointment go yesterday?  Coincidentally, our new primary doctor is a woman and a D.O.  We've heard lots of good things about her.  We both have appointments in April.  So glad to read that you're crocheting...I've been thinking about a RR.  It's been too long!

Mona ~ Your hubby and mine have a lot in common when it comes to paperwork or finances. Lol  I hope you're better this a.m. ♥  Thankfully we have pretty much every store fairly close.  I'm not a good shopper, except for yarn of course. :lol

Hi Brenda ~ Your Christmas sounds very busy!  Our family is so small now and DD's hubby's family is small, but we all have so much fun when we're together.  My oldest sister Josie lives in Virginia and we don't see her often. 

When I was in junior or senior high(?), we had a class on basic things like learning to write checks and balance a checkbook.  I know kids now are doing everything online, but people should still know how just in case! 

Better get busy again.  We're staying in today, so I'll run errands tomorrow.  Have a good afternoon, all.:manyheart