judianne

Our House (Part Three)

'Morning, all. :)   Our weather is crazy for February...mid-80's today!  I refuse to wear summer clothes in the winter. :lol

Cindy ~ Oh, it's so hard when we have trouble sleeping. :hug   I've heard that melatonin works for many.  When I tried it, it helped me fall asleep but then I woke up and was wide awake all night.

LeeAnn ~ I hope you had lots of crochet time yesterday! 

Joanne ~ DH and I both used to get called for jury duty about every two years!  At that time there was a two year rotation before you could get called again.  I haven't seen one of their summons in two to three years now.  The last time I went they made me dispose of my small child's blunt scissors, but I had small nail clippers in my purse. :)

Judy ~ Great progress on the afghan! :c9

Marlene ~ I hope you all didn't get any of the severe weather this week.  It looked like San Antonio and the Houston area received the worst damage.  

Today is DH's birthday, so we're meeting DD and SIL for lunch. :)   Have a good day, friends. :manyheart

• Like 1

Good morning. Our temperatures today might hit a record high. It's not cold out, but it's really foggy.

I have that toy octopus just about all crocheted. I have to finish the 8th tentacle and then sew the tentacles on. It was a lot more work that I thought it would be. Luckily it turned out pretty cute. I had read somewhere that crocheted octopi were useful for calming premature babies in NICUs. This will be for my nephew and niece in law's firstborn. Her baby shower is Saturday. It's in Ontario, so DD and I will be going to my brothers place on Friday night. Both of us work Friday. At least it's only overnight, that means packing will be easy!

I slept much better last night, thanks to the wonders of modern medicine! Today I am going out for lunch with a bunch of my work buddies, old and new, and then will probably get groceries.

Yesterday, I decided to clean out my fridge, which was full of a lot of really anemic looking produce. So, for lunch I made soup out of those veggies. I had red and yellow onions, carrots, celery, red and green peppers, zucchini, cauliflower and broccoli. Most of these things were starting to look a little sad. I added basil, parsley, chives and a bit of garlic and cooked it all up in a pan full of chicken broth. When the veggies were tender, I added some leftover rice (also found in the fridge!:))and a few handfuls of shredded cheese. It turned out delicious, and I got my fridge cleaned out as a bonus. Of course, dh refused to eat it. Just the thought of all those veggies practically caused him to hyperventilate! Oh well, more for me! There are at least four more servings left.

LeeAnn, I do sometimes take baths, but they don't make me sleepy. Mary, I have trouble both falling asleep and staying asleep. I think I'm going to get some melatonin today.

Marlene, thinking of you.....

Have a great day, friends.

hi peeps!

Cindy, that's a great idea for tired vegetables! I love soup of any kind, but esp vegetable soup. My DH is the same as yours: he still hasn't accepted the concept of eating more vegetables...

We're supposed to get up to 68 tomorrow! This afternoon, though it was still  only in the mid to upper 40's, I saw one of our state's giant mosquitos on my white fence sunning itself. Spring is coming quickly, I think.

Busy day, so I'm not finished with the squares yet, but am getting there. I'm anxious to lay them out and  figure out the design for the blanket.

Have a great night, my friends. Cindy I'm so happy you took something to help you sleep. DH won't  take anything - he falls asleep quickly (tired from NOT sleeping the night before) but then wakes up in the wee hours and can't get back to sleep. 

Judy, I love soup too, and hubby will actually eat some of my concoctions. He draws the line at anything that doesn't contain meat though. He also won't even try anything that contains either peppers or mushrooms. He loves the potato soup at a local restaurant. It contains finely chopped red and green peppers. They aren't so finely chopped that you can't see them though. I pointed them out to him once. He told me theirs tasted better than the ones I buy in the store!

Finally finished the octopus. It's cute, but I doubt if I will ever make another one. Very tedious!

post-6189-0-52698000-1487813917_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gardener
  • Like 1

Hi, my friends!

Judy, I love soup too, and hubby will actually eat some of my concoctions. He draws the line at anything that doesn't contain meat though. He also won't even try anything that contains either peppers or mushrooms. He loves the potato soup at a local restaurant. It contains finely chopped red and green peppers. They aren't so finely chopped that you can't see them though. I pointed them out to him once. He told me theirs tasted better than the ones I buy in the store! I just cracked up at that remark!!!!

Finally finished the octopus. It's cute, but I doubt if I will ever make another one. Very tedious!

The octopus is sooooo cute! Anyone who sees it will be requesting you to make one, you know!

Two more squares to make, then assembling and border :D

Have a good night, ladies!

>>>>might it be time for us to start a CAL?

I think we need some fun and games. I have little to no imagination, so I'm open for suggestions. Simple suggestions...

I DID just get a knit dishcloth pattern book in the mail....but my cast on is ridiculously tight, so I'm waiting till baby ghan is done....and a book or two I just got from the library...I'll need to focus.

Today was wasted: Turbo Tax had to be done. And redone. There was a deduction we hadn't made and couldn't find a way to get back to - so we did it again. I always dread tax day, even though ours is ultra simple now that DH doesn't work any longer.

Have a good night ladies!

Judy, try casting on with a needle a size or two larger than the needles that you plan to knit with. Even if your cast on is tight, it should be fine when you knit with smaller needles.

As for a CAL, just the excuse I need to start a new project! I've been wanting to make a basket. I don't know why, I just like them! There are tons of free patterns out there. Actually, I started a knit baby blanket today. I'm just using the diagonally knit "grandmothers favorite" dishcloth pattern and making it bigger. I'm planning to make it premie size, maybe 18 or so inches square. I have a bunch of vgariegated yarn and I like how they look when knit on the diagonal.

Good Morning. :)   I think I missed posting yesterday...thought I did. Lol

Cindy ~ The octopus is adorable!  Can't wait to see the newest baby 'ghan. :yes

Judy ~ Yay for getting your taxes finished up.  I keep putting that off, but will get to it eventually. ;)

DH had an appointment yesterday and I finally got my hair cut.  The boys will be here from tomorrow until Monday.  (I'll take them to school Monday and then pick them up and take them to their "temporary" new house.)  DD's movers are coming early Sunday morning, so her life will be easier without the boys. :lol  

So, better get busy and get ready for the boys visit. Off to the grocery store - have a great morning.  :manyheart 

Hi, peeps!

70's are expected today! DH already put the air on, which is fine by me -- I;d rather be cold than warm any day. Even early this AM it felt like April outside.

Judy, try casting on with a needle a size or two larger than the needles that you plan to knit with. Even if your cast on is tight, it should be fine when you knit with smaller needles.Thanks! I will try that.

As for a CAL, just the excuse I need to start a new project! I've been wanting to make a basket. I've made a few - and some are on my blog. That's a great idea! The color combos are infinite.I don't know why, I just like them! There are tons of free patterns out there. Actually, I started a knit baby blanket today. I'm just using the diagonally knit "grandmothers favorite" dishcloth pattern and making it bigger. I'm planning to make it premie size, maybe 18 or so inches square. I have a bunch of vgariegated yarn and I like how they look when knit on the diagonal.That should be so pretty...

Good Morning. :)   I think I missed posting yesterday...thought I did. Lol

Cindy ~ The octopus is adorable!  Can't wait to see the newest baby 'ghan. :yes

Judy ~ Yay for getting your taxes finished up.  I keep putting that off, but will get to it eventually. ;) ​I hate doing the taxes. And they are much simpler now, with DH not working, but it's still annoying....

DH had an appointment yesterday and I finally got my hair cut.  The boys will be here from tomorrow until Monday.  (I'll take them to school Monday and then pick them up and take them to their "temporary" new house.)  DD's movers are coming early Sunday morning, so her life will be easier without the boys. :lol For sure!!!   It's going to be a bit confusing for the little guys, but an adventure, none the less,

So, better get busy and get ready for the boys visit. Off to the grocery store - have a great morning.  :manyheart

Edited by judianne

Our New CAL...loosely organized...with the first free pattern...lol!

Baskets are fun to make - here's a link to a pattern I had saved. In lieu of thick yarn, two strands can be substituted, as we know...

If anyone has other links, feel free to share.

http://www.mooglyblog.com/moroccan-basket/?utm_content=3ef3525c49e06d4af53b195bbe357f89&utm_campaign=The%20Moogly%20Newsletter%2011%2F05%2F2016&utm_source=Robly.com&utm_medium=email

Hi all

I went to DD and Jali's yesterday after work and stayed over night. Came home around 1 and have been playing catch up all day. Laundry, errands, cleaning.

Tomorrow is Charlie 's first birthday !! And his party is in the afternnoon. Will try and catch up here soon

Hi, peeps!

I won't be home this weekend so I will take a better look at the basket pattern next week.

Enjoy the baby shower and visiting with everyone.

Hi all
I went to DD and Jali's yesterday after work and stayed over night. Came home around 1 and have been playing catch up all day. Laundry, errands, cleaning.

Tomorrow is Charlie 's first birthday !! And his party is in the afternnoon. Will try and catch up here soon

One year already!? Wow! Have a great time!

Cindy, I'm not sure if I'll make that basket pattern. I have others to check too...both paid and free.

Well, Spring is over for a bit - we had a big storm roll through a short time ago, so no more 70 degree days for a while.

I finished attaching the last squares for the baby ghan (DH said he really liked it as he stopped by the table to look at it.  He was feeling the stitches as he said it, which is what I love about the blanket)  I used a few skins from stash, so that pile in the closet is slowly shrinking.

I have a pattern for the border all picked out - from the Around the Corner book I have. 

Have a good night my friends.

Hi House. :)  The boys are watching TV and it's quiet for now. 

Cindy ~ I remember you were going to Canada.  I hope you've had a good trip!

Joanne ~ Awww, so glad you were able to see DD and Jali again. :c9

Judy ~ I've always wanted to try baskets and hopefully I can try that soon!  Can't wait to see your baby afghan. :yes

We've had a very busy day and I keep looking at the clock...guess I can't go to bed at 7:30. Lol  The boys both said they wanted to sleep upstairs this time...then they changed their minds and are camping out in the den. :)  Tomorrow Luke has a soccer game and Zach has a T-ball game.  Have a good evening friends. :manyheart

• Like 1

Happy Sunday. :)   I don't see any crochet time in my future today. Lol  They're predicting rain, so I sure hope it holds off until we're home from the boys' games.

Have a good day! ♥♥♥

i peeps!

Mary, did the boys get good weather for their games??

We're cold again here. Temp dropped almost 40 degrees in 24 hours....

Working on the border of the baby ghan today, still have about three rounds to do on it or so. then it's camera time :D  I'm looking forward to playing with a basket pattern - have made two for friends, but none for me, of course...lol!

Off to watch some hockey now.

Have great night my friends!

Good Morning!  I took the boys to school at 7:45 and will pick them up at 3.  We'll take them to their "temporary" home from there.  DD and SIL are getting everything organized today. :)  Luke scored 2 goals yesterday!

Judy ~ By the time I get to the border, I just want to be done! ;)  I remember your showing us a wonderful basket. :yes

Lots of laundry to catch up on, but I'm going to crochet while that's going.  Have a good Monday! :manyheart

Hello ladies. It's a nice sunny day here. We got a couple of inches of snow on Saturday, but it's mostly melted already.

My octopus was a huge hit at the baby shower. Two of my nieces asked me to make them one. I did not commit to anything though!

I was scheduled to work today, but I got the day off. I'm really tired from being away all weekend, so I was really happy to get that phone call this morning. I haven't accomplished much so far today, just some laundry.

Have a great day, ladies.

Hi, peeps!

Good Morning!  I took the boys to school at 7:45 and will pick them up at 3.  We'll take them to their "temporary" home from there.  DD and SIL are getting everything organized today. :)  Luke scored 2 goals yesterday!Luke must have been so excited!!

Judy ~ By the time I get to the border, I just want to be done! ;)  I remember your showing us a wonderful basket. :yes...And I finally found the book with that pattern - I'm going to make that one first.

Lots of laundry to catch up on, but I'm going to crochet while that's going.  Have a good Monday! :manyheart

Hello ladies. It's a nice sunny day here. We got a couple of inches of snow on Saturday, but it's mostly melted already.

My octopus was a huge hit at the baby shower. Two of my nieces asked me to make them one. I did not commit to anything though!I knew it....lol! :rofl  :rofl 

I was scheduled to work today, but I got the day off. I'm really tired from being away all weekend, so I was really happy to get that phone call this morning. I haven't accomplished much so far today, just some laundry.

Have a great day, ladies.

A day to rest is good - I know I don't have the energy I used to. 

Baby ghan is 36 by 48 and since no name has been picked yet I asked my friend if she would like it if I embroidered some hearts on it.   Just needs to be washed.

Before and after pics (thought of you, Cindy, as I laid them out...) :lol  :lol

post-8552-0-35373600-1488299828_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-08522100-1488299852_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good afternoon House!

Judy-wowza!  The afghan is stunning! The blue is so vibrant and lovely, good work my friend!

Cindy-perhaps you can take it easy, I would  :lol   Awww I bet your nieces would love an octopus, I have made the stuffies/animals and have vowed to never make them again.   :D   They were so much work, cute as cute can be but my goodness!

Joanne-Happy late birthday to Charlie, your grands are growing up so fast!  Before we know it, they will all be in school.  

Mary-your dd is so lucky to have you near, I would love if my mom were able to help out.  Especially when the kiddos were little.   :yes

I feel like I have been chasing my tail, whipping up product but not seeming to get the shelves as stocked as I would like..but on the flip side I have had a lot of good sale days.  No complaints, sometimes I wish there were two of me.  

Off to finish dusting the shelves, have a wonderful day.   :ghug

Hi Ladies. :)

Cindy ~ I'm not surprised that the octopus was a hit!  Glad you had yesterday off - I hope you had a good day. 

Judy ~ The afghan is wonderful! :c9   Beautiful work and colors...the hearts are perfect!

LeeAnn ~ So glad your sales are good. :clap   With your busy schedule, keeping up with inventory must be hard though!

The boys were so excited to see their 'new' rooms yesterday. :)  The house is small but has 3 bedrooms/2 baths and is really nice.

Their new home is almost 4000 square feet, so that will be a huge change in a few weeks. Lol

Time to start dinner.  Have a good evening, friends. ♥♥♥

• Like 1

Good morning. Wet, wet, wet here, and snow in the forecast. This has been an odd winter, weather wise. We live between two ski areas, and I don't think they've had the best winter business wise. It's been too warm for the most part for snow to last or for "making snow".

I have a dr appointment this morning and a mammogram this afternoon. I'm going to go grocery shopping today too. I invited two couples over for dinner on Friday. One couple is old friends, the other couple are just acquaintances that recently moved here. We will be doing my usual cook your own dinner, which takes a lot of prep. I have to work Friday, so I will need to prep some tomorrow.

Judy, the babyghan is lovely. I have a bunch of basket patterns pinned. Maybe I will get to look at them later today.

Have a great day, my friends.

• Like 1