judianne

Our House (Part Three)

Good morning house!

Cindy-I would love help packaging up product, how soon can you be here?   :manyheart  :manyheart   Joyce covered the shops for me yesterday afternoon so that I could go home and work on production, I worked my tail feathers off, but then end is not near.  I will be busy the next 3 days pouring and mixing.  WOW!   You and your dd really cranked out those meals!  I have 2 freezer meals left in the freezer, not sure when but I do need to prepare more.

Judy-your fur babies are adorbs!  Your book club sounds awesome!  I would love to join a book club here, not sure when but it would be nice.  My dh's Bernat yarn is staring at me...I left the huge box dab in the middle of the living room, guess I should get started on it.  Going to crochet this one left handed, gives my right wrist a break.

Mary-is your dd excited to be moving?  How are the grands doing?  Paperwork is never done,  :lol I do the financial stuff for our household and my 2 kiddos, seems like I am constantly working on something.  

I had forgotten to attach a pic of the baby ghan, sorry about that ladies.  Off to email land.  Hugs!

post-33271-0-32796600-1486747614_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Me again,

Joanne-thank you for the lovely compliment regarding my Celine, she is an amazing daughter!  So very intelligent and caring too.  Hope that your sc cowl works up super fast! :hug

LeeAnn, the blanket looks so soft and squishy!! It will be such a hit!

Cindy, I hope you had a great dinner with your company.

Working on the squares for the baby ghan. It's the textured square from Jan Eaton's book: 200 Crochet Blocks. It looks nice and I think the baby will like running his hands over it....

Have a great night, my friends.

Good Morning. :)  

LeeAnn ~ The baby 'ghan is precious. :c9   What size hook do you use?  While at Joann's a few weeks ago, I talked with a lady who was buying a cart full of that yarn!  She said it's her current favorite for charity afghans - I love the softness and colors.  I hope you can take a little "me time" this weekend.  :manyheart

Cindy ~ What did you fix for your dinner?  I think many of us over estimate what we can do...I know I do it all the time. :lol  

Judy ~ Loved reading about the pups playing in the snow!  The squares you're making sound just right for a little one. :yes

Hi to the rest of the House, too!

Yep, I'll admit that I'm tired and sore today. ;)  We accomplished a lot at DD's yesterday and will be back at it on Monday.  Sarah definitely takes after her dad...she won't part with much. Lol

Have a great morning, everyone. ♥♥♥

Morning peeps!

Good Morning. :)  

LeeAnn ~ The baby 'ghan is precious. :c9   What size hook do you use?  While at Joann's a few weeks ago, I talked with a lady who was buying a cart full of that yarn!  She said it's her current favorite for charity afghans - I love the softness and colors.  I hope you can take a little "me time" this weekend.  :manyheart

Cindy ~ What did you fix for your dinner?  I think many of us over estimate what we can do...I know I do it all the time. :lol  

Judy ~ Loved reading about the pups playing in the snow!  The squares you're making sound just right for a little one. :yes

Hi to the rest of the House, too!

Yep, I'll admit that I'm tired and sore today. ;)  We accomplished a lot at DD's yesterday and will be back at it on Monday.  Sarah definitely takes after her dad...she won't part with much. Lol

I guess neither one is a candidate for the Minimalist movement...lol!

Have a great morning, everyone. ♥♥♥

I had thought about a gentle ripple....but since I'm using stash I wanted to give myself the flexibility that using squares of different shades/colors  gives me (these squares are a bit more on the rectangular side). Baby isn't due till the first week of May, so I have time. When I get a chance to sit down long enough the squares go quickly. I'm measuring them at 9 by 7.5 inches...  I charted a couple of ideas for the layout, but want to use a full skien of one of my blues first, so I can get a better idea of how many shades I have to work with. Using Lace color of Caron Pounder as the neutral.

Have a great day ladies - we're having a heat wave today - should get up to 49!

Edited by judianne

Good morning. Gloomy and chilly here. Just invited mil over for dinner. Being stuck in that assisted living home 24/7 in this continually gloomy weather must be a bit depressing...although mil generally has a pretty positive outlook on things. Dh said she was thrilled to be invited.

Last nights dinner was of the "choose your own ingredients and cook them yourself" variety. (I've probably told you guys about this before, I have these alcohol burners in a grill type rack. Four small non stick pans came with it. I make rice and set out olive oil, diced meat, a huge assortment of washed veggies, cashews, and various sauces and seasonings. It works for vegetarians, meat eaters, people on special diets, food intolerances, etc. Plus, it's entertainment at the same time, so it's a good choice when you invite people that you don't know well, as it takes quite a long time to prepare and eat. I just threw all the leftover meat (only beef was left), and most of the veggies into the crockpot for stew. Just added a couple of potatoes and a packet of beef stew seasoning. Hope mil likes beef stew. I will make some biscuits to go with the stew.

Judy, you know me, given the choice of squares or a one piece pattern, I would use the gentle ripple pattern, and just use up my various yarns in random order! No sewing required! I love the lace color in Caron pounders. It's not ivory, not beige, and works for everything. Other people keep lots of white or beige in their stash, I keep lace.

Mary, how much packing have you gotten done? Just think....it will all need to be unpacked gain......:)

LeeAnn, that baby blanket is lovely. It looks nice and soft.

Believe it or not...I have an almost empty to do list for today. I need to iron a scrub jacket for Monday, but that's the only thing that I "must" accomplish this weekend! Dh suggested that we go out and about, but I declined. So, he is doing bookwork. Evidently he hasn't done a single thing about keeping track of the costs of running a business since the year started, although he has kept his income record current. So, I think dh will be able to easily entertain himself with that! I was hoping our taxes would be done by the time we go on vacation in mid March...but I didn't know that he had 12 months worth of accounting stuff to finish first.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hi all

I'm with Cindy, I much prefer making one piece blankets. I have a wip I had started several years ago and only have to make about 3 or 4 more squares, I think. I should probably pull that out at some point this year, and just finish it. But for now, I'll keep working on the cowl for DD and I'm alternating that project with a knit blanket

Went to dds today and had a nice visit with the boys. Ryan had a project to do for school for the 100th day! They had to make a poster using 100 things. He wanted to do something related to hockey so he made a poster and we made hockey sticks using pretzel sticks. He named his project hockey world. He loves hockey. He went skating twice in the last month, once his dad took hi, and once his uncle took him. Although he fell down a lot , he gets right back up DD said this is the first sport he has really showed an interest in. Since he really wants to learn, she has signed him up for skating lessons. The class going on now was full, so he will start in April. He was telling me the different teams rankings. He is too funny. He is a Rangers fan, like his dad, but he fills me on the Devils. He says to me, Grammie the Devils are in 2nd place. So I got all excited, and he says from the bottom, (with a grin). He knows his aunt is a Boston Bruins fan , so he follows their standings too. I asked Robbie who his favorite team was and he said Devils like you and mommy and then the Rangers. Lol. Charlie is taking some steps, but still prefers crawling. He loves playing woth balls. And pushing them and chasing them. Had a fun afternoon with all of them

Hope you enjoy your dinner with MIL, Cindy. I'm sure she was very excited that you invited her over And what you planned sounds great!!!

Mary rest and relax..packing is very tiring. Especially the older we get.

Hope all is ok woth Marlene. Haven't heard from her in a while

Hi to the rest of the house. Have a good evening

Edited by imanurse55

Hi everyone.  I hope you all have had a good weekend!

I'm a little slow today - it seems I've had a bug of some kind with the usual evil symptoms. ;)   Feeling much better this evening, though!

Be back soon. :)

Feel better, Mary!

It was a rainy, generally yucky day here. I spent most of the day being lazy, except for doing laundry and cooking dinner. Lol. The book is really good and had a hard time putting it down. After reading for a few hours, I have to give my eyes a break, so I did a few rows on the crochet cowl, and a few rows on the knitted blanket. And watched the devils hockey game.

Hope you have a good Monday!!!

Hi peeps!

Mary, glad to hear you're feeling a little better.

Joanne, I just finished reading "Leave Me" the book a friend lent me - it was a good read.

Good morning. Gloomy and chilly here. Just invited mil over for dinner. Being stuck in that assisted living home 24/7 in this continually gloomy weather must be a bit depressing...although mil generally has a pretty positive outlook on things. Dh said she was thrilled to be invited.That was so sweet!

Last nights dinner was of the "choose your own ingredients and cook them yourself" variety. (I've probably told you guys about this before, I have these alcohol burners in a grill type rack. Four small non stick pans came with it. I make rice and set out olive oil, diced meat, a huge assortment of washed veggies, cashews, and various sauces and seasonings. It works for vegetarians, meat eaters, people on special diets, food intolerances, etc. Plus, it's entertainment at the same time, so it's a good choice when you invite people that you don't know well, as it takes quite a long time to prepare and eat. I just threw all the leftover meat (only beef was left), and most of the veggies into the crockpot for stew. Just added a couple of potatoes and a packet of beef stew seasoning. Hope mil likes beef stew. I will make some biscuits to go with the stew.I remember you mentioning those types of dinners...sounds like a great ice breaker!

Judy, you know me, given the choice of squares or a one piece pattern, I would use the gentle ripple pattern, and just use up my various yarns in random order! No sewing required! I know...LOL! I love the lace color in Caron pounders. It's not ivory, not beige, and works for everything. Other people keep lots of white or beige in their stash, I keep lace. I do think the lace will be a great buffer for the different blues. 

Mary, how much packing have you gotten done? Just think....it will all need to be unpacked gain...... :)

LeeAnn, that baby blanket is lovely. It looks nice and soft.

Believe it or not...I have an almost empty to do list for today. I need to iron a scrub jacket for Monday, but that's the only thing that I "must" accomplish this weekend! Dh suggested that we go out and about, but I declined. So, he is doing bookwork. Evidently he hasn't done a single thing about keeping track of the costs of running a business since the year started, although he has kept his income record current. So, I think dh will be able to easily entertain himself with that! I was hoping our taxes would be done by the time we go on vacation in mid March...but I didn't know that he had 12 months worth of accounting stuff to finish first.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Cindy, my hubby is the opposite - very conscious of keeping our records ready to go at tax time. This will be our second year using TurboTax, and now that I did it once it should be a faster process.

Have a great night my friends.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Thanks so much for starting us over to our next group. I purchased some new knives I seen demonstrated at Sam's. I didn't buy that day though. They gave away paring knives to people who watched the demonstration. I wanted to try it out first. Luckily I had a shopping day out with friends and one stop was Sam's. They still had the display of knives and I bought them. Love them! I seen the blanket you made. It was beautiful! The vintage afghan was really colorful. Like someone else said the black makes the colors just pop.

Cindy, The messy bun hat is really cute and looks nice. Your great niece will love it. I have only been working on one of the ponchos the last few times I crocheted. I've been commissioned to make something for a baby girl. I'm making a dress in size 12 months. The baby was just born and she weighed 10 lbs. 4 ozs. They live in Maine so 12 months should be good for summer time.

Mary, Glad your feeling a little better and hope you recover soon. Congrats to DD and SIL on both of there homes. Packing is a lot of hard work. Be careful! I seen your beautiful baby ghan. Are winter here this year has just been beautiful. We couldn't ask for a better winter. I hope when we go home in April it is warmer than usual. 

Joanne, Glad your DH is better now. Men! Mine don't listen either. Congrats to your DD! You have lots of reasons to be a proud mom. 

LeeAnn, I hope your arm and wrist get better soon. I seen your beautiful baby ghan. What yarn did you use? The ice sculptures at the festival were awesome. Congrats to you and the other ladies on your win.

Marisa, Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding. Can't wait to hear all about it.

It's been a busy winter here. I think this has been the busiest one. I have had some fun though. Had a shopping day and lunch with some of the girls. We had lunch at Soup and Salad. It was good! Was looking for material but nothing really stood out. Was looking for something for my MIL. To make her a throw. 

We had breakfast on friday and invited 2 Veterans from the local VFW to give them a check for $2000.00 that we raised in January. They were surprised on the amount and to receive it. The Vietnam Memorial Wall was here in town and I went to the opening night ceremony. It was a great and touching ceremony. Makes you proud to be an American. 

We had a canopy/carport installed over the trailer last week. A shed will be built this week. I can't wait for that to get things out of the trailer that need to be in a shed. 

My son was here last weekend. He had a run to Dallas and then one to Corpus Christi. CC is only half an hour away. He went with hubby to a wood carving show. We had a dance on saturday night and we went to that. Younger peoples music was played by the DJ. Lots of songs she didn't know but pulled them up on her i pad. Sunday we watched the super bowl game together. He worked on his van to.

Today we had a meorial and potluck for are friend Eloise who died last year shortly after getting home, from Cancer. It was a beautiful memorial. Her husband brought the eulogy there granddaughter wrote about her. She also is the only grandchild and she is getting married in March. Eloise was a cancer survivor and raised thousands of dollars every year for the relay of life here in town. Each year she was the top person. She had lots of t-shirts from relay. The sewing girls make a quilt for her husband. He wanted to give it to the granddaughter for her wedding gift. They also made a pillow for Herman and many of us signed the back of it.

Valentine's day is tuesday so we will be in the kitchen for two days. I will be whipped tuesday night and wednesday will be relax day I hope. 

Gerimiah is growing so quickly. We facetime with them all the time. 

Today Maya showed me they have no snow. Unbelievable! She said it rained last week and it all melted. 

I hope everyone has a great week!  

Good Morning!  Feeling much better this morning and we're leaving soon for another few hours at DD's. :)  She's still not supposed to be lifting heavy things - she has a second post-op this Friday. 

Marlene ~ It's so good to see your post!  Your schedule does sound super busy, but very nice.  Having your DS come visit must have been really fun and a nice break for him, too! 

Joanne ~ Your Sunday sounds like mine...laundry and crocheting are all I got done. ;)

Cindy ~ Love the "fix your own meal" idea.  We used to have fondue parties and it was a similar concept.  Hmmm, I still have 3 fondue pots - we need to do that again sometime. :yes  The boys would love the dessert fondue with fruit to dip in chocolate sauce!

Judy ~ How is the baby 'ghan coming along?

Hi to LeeAnn, Marisa and the rest of the House. :manyheart

Hi peeps!

Marlene, it's good to hear from you! You ARE busy! I love the special quilt made for the husband - from the T shirts I think you said.

Mary, the baby ghan is coming along - I've made 5 squares from one skien of RHSS. I might get another one but not sure. I'm still up in the air about how I'm arranging it all and the finished size. That's a big part of why I like to make squares - flexibility.

Have a good night my friends.

Hi ladies. Work day for me today. I'm tired, but mostly because I didn't sleep well last night. Work was pretty quiet today.

Marlene, I'm glad you got a chance to post. Sounds like you are having a really good time down in a Texas. Maya is right, not much snow here in a Michigan. We have some on the ground, although a lot melted today, and it's supposed to hit 60 by the weekend.

Mary, I hope DD is being careful, even though she must be eager to get the packing finished. I have two fondue pots somewhere...maybe I ought to alternate!

Judy, we've been using Turbo Tax for several years, ever since our accountants retired...and finally told us their secret. You guessed it, Turbo Tax! Dh said he has finished his business bookwork and now he is ready to start on taxes.

Joanne, my Saturday was pretty much like your Sunday. We had mil over for dinner, but dh picked her up and brought her home. I stayed home in my comfy hanging around the house clothes all day. I managed to read an entire book, although I had to stay up until 1 AM to do that.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned what a picky eater my dh is. Well, among the leftover veggies From Friday nights dinner, were some fresh green beans. Green beans are among the few vegetables he will eat, but they aren't typical in beef stew, so I thought I'd better ask him if he minded having them in the stew. He said to go ahead, so I added them, cut into small pieces. I also had a small handful of snow peas left, so I cut those up and threw them in too. I assumed he would think they were green beans, as they look similar, (and I can't imagine why he would suspect me of trying to put one over on him!:)), but would you believe, he spotted those snow peas immediately. I guess you just can't fool some people!

I'm still knitting that pesky rabbit. He's almost done...but I've lost my motivation. I was planning to knit some clothes for him as well....but he might end up being a naked bunny.....

Have a great evening ladies.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! :manyheart

Cindy ~ You sound like me trying to sneak veggies in the boys food. :wink   When they were younger, I put shredded carrots or spinach in an omelette or hamburger patty.  Now they're too smart and see those little specks of color.  And I think it's perfectly acceptable for a bunny to be naked. :lol

Judy ~ Can't wait to see the squares!  Do you have a deadline on this one?

It started raining about midnight with just a little thunder.  I put Gracie under the covers with me and she was still there when I woke up this morning. :)

I really need to go to the store, so I guess I'll bundle up and get out in this rain.  Have a wonderful day, friends. ♥♥♥

Good afternoon  house!  Happy Valentine's Day!

Marlene-it is wonderful hearing from you!  You are busy as a bee with all of the fun activities, I bet it is a blast cooking together.  Maya and Baby G are growing growing growing!  Bet they will be super excited to see you in a couple of months.  The new shed is going to be great, I have taken over our kiddos play house/shed.  I use it to store containers-lotion bottles, lids, they sure eat up a lot of room.  I should get in there and re-arrange, see what I have.  My dh usually brings in what I need, not sure what is all in there.

Joanne-your grands are just adorable!  I love that they know who likes what team.  I am not an avid sports fan, have never watched any kind of sporting event, they sure know a lot!  They sure could teach me, that would be so cute!

Judy-the squares are coming together quickly, is this for someone in particular?

Mary-rain?  We have had the wierdest winter, rain, snow, wind, cold, heat all in a few days time.  How's Gracie doing today?

Cindy-your dinner sounds amazing!  That is so neat that everyone can prepare their own food, what a nice way to spend an evening.  I am so lucky, my dh will eat anything...he is the least picky person that I know.  I had to giggle when I thought of the peas...too cute!

I had the weekend off, spent 3 days in my studio, but I am so happy to say that I have made lots of product.  The shelves are looking better, not so empty.  I still have quite a few soaps in the molds, they will be trickling in this week along with more scrubs and body sprays.  Going to start on Spring soaps too,..makes me feel like perhaps it will get here sooner.

Paperwork is never really finished, :lol I have everything filed for 2016, dh needs to add everything up. I also have to file this years paperwork, I am only about 2 weeks behind..if I do it now it should take 30 minutes.  Will have to work on it this evening, maybe if I have the t.v. on in my studio it will not seem like such a chore.  

Thank you for the lovely compliments on the baby ghan, I used a size L crochet hook and 3 skeins the large Baby Bernat Blanket yarn in Sailor's Delight.  

Off to try to crochet, hugs and warmest of wishes! :ghug

• Like 1

Hi LeeAnn ~ So glad you were able to catch up on things the last few days. :)   I know it's never-ending, though!  I sure don't need to buy any more yarn, but now I want to try that yarn. Lol

It's been cold and rainy most of the day and we sure need the rain!  Taco soup and cornbread for dinner tonight.

Have a good evening, friends. :manyheart

Hi ladies. It's snowing and there is a winter weather advisory here. I don't think it will amount to much, it's been sunny all day and in the 40s. A lot of it will probably melt when it hits the ground.

I need to make a baby gift by next weekend. I started this tradition of making a little something for the first child of each of my nieces and nephews. Generally it's a toy or a hat or something else small. I'm thinking of making this:

http://www.thefriendlyredfox.com/2015/10/amigurummi-octoopus-baby-toy-free.html

It looks pretty quick to make and I think a baby could easily hold onto it.

LeeAnn, sounds like you have gotten a lot done. It's great that your business is doing so well!

Work was quiet today, but I have slept poorly for the last few nights, so I'm tired. Hopefully I will catch up on sleep tonight. I'd like to tackle some more wallpaper removal tomorrow. Well, unless I decide to buy a steamer.

Have a good evening.

Hi peeps!

Cindy, Iove that octopus pattern! It reminds me of the pattern I saw with real curly tentacles for newborns that I saved.

And that's funny about hiding vegetables on your DH!! And I agree with Mary - a naked bunny is perfectly acceptable...lol!

Mary, my friend's step grandson will be born the beginning of May, so I have time. She asked if I could make one and left it all up to me - even when I told her I was using only stash. She doesn't want to put limits on the artist...lol!

We saw the sun today - so nice! It even warmed up a little by late afternoon.

Have a good night, my friends.

Well...it appears I may have been wrong about the snow melting....the ground is already covered.........

Just let the dog out, she came back in covered with snow.

Good morning ladies. Cold here, but not a ton of snow. I'm still hoping for a really early spring.

I had planned to go out and shop for a baby gift today, but my Jeep has been acting up so it went into the shop. I could drive dhs van but I much prefer my own vehicle. I guess I will see what the day brings and if I really feel like getting out. Right now I'm nice and cozy by the fire with my iPad and my coffee.....I don't need the gift until next weekend, but I thought that for once I would avoid last minute scrambling! (I am renowned for my ability to procrastinate!)

I started the octopus last night. So far it's awfully boring, but at least it's easy!

Have a great day, ladies!

Happy Wednesday!  It's cold, but the sun is shining today.

Cindy ~ Oh, I'm glad you didn't get a huge amount of snow!  The octopus is too cute.  What color yarn are you using?  I haven't made any amis in a very long time.

Judy ~ Your friend knows you very well. :)   She knows that whatever you make will be wonderful!

I've been good so far today - cleaning and laundry and cleaning off my desk.  Of course, I could clean all day for a week and things might be the way they used to be. Lol 

I still think about Linda quite often.  :manyheart   Yesterday was her birthday and I hope Joy and Ayden are doing okay.

Back to work and then some crochet time later.

Hi, peeps

Well...it appears I may have been wrong about the snow melting....the ground is already covered.........
Just let the dog out, she came back in covered with snow.

LOL!

Good morning ladies. Cold here, but not a ton of snow. I'm still hoping for a really early spring.

I had planned to go out and shop for a baby gift today, but my Jeep has been acting up so it went into the shop. I could drive dhs van but I much prefer my own vehicle. I guess I will see what the day brings and if I really feel like getting out. Right now I'm nice and cozy by the fire with my iPad and my coffee.....I don't need the gift until next weekend, but I thought that for once I would avoid last minute scrambling! (I am renowned for my ability to procrastinate!)I never would have thought of you as a procrastinator!

I started the octopus last night. So far it's awfully boring, but at least it's easy!Boring is hard for me - I can find other things to do instead of the boring project!

Have a great day, ladies!

Happy Wednesday!  It's cold, but the sun is shining today.

Cindy ~ Oh, I'm glad you didn't get a huge amount of snow!  The octopus is too cute.  What color yarn are you using?  I haven't made any amis in a very long time.

Judy ~ Your friend knows you very well. :)   She knows that whatever you make will be wonderful!Awwww....thanks :embar 

I've been good so far today - cleaning and laundry and cleaning off my desk.  Of course, I could clean all day for a week and things might be the way they used to be. Lol 

I still think about Linda quite often.  :manyheart   Yesterday was her birthday and I hope Joy and Ayden are doing okay.Me, too :cry 

Back to work and then some crochet time later.

Have a good night my friends...and my hook is still chugging along!

'Morning, all. :)

The latest baby 'ghan is half way done!  We're off to run several errands and have lunch with some friends.  Have a good day! :manyheart

• Like 1

Good morning ladies. Still winter here......

Mary, it's interesting that you mentioned Linda yesterday, I woke up with her on my mind. I also hope her daughter and grandson are doing well.

I'm going out to buy that baby gift today. My Jeep is ready to be picked up, so just waiting for dh to be ready to leave. He's waiting for a customer. The repairs that I brought it in for weren't very expensive, but when they checked it over, they found that the brakes were pretty much finished, so we had those replaced as well. What I thought might be a high priced computer or electrical issue, just turned out to be carbon buildup on so do-hickkey or another. (Don't you love that technical term?)

Yesterday I tried listening to an audio book while crocheting that boring octopus pattern. Turns out, I can't count and listen at the same time. Luckily it's just a crocheted toy and a stitch or two more or less won't matter in the big picture. If I dig out a stitch marker, it will be ok.

I am still looking for something easy to work on when we go on vacation. I was considering starting a knitted baby blanket, but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just bring one of my UFOs along. Most of them would take more space, but we are driving, so it wouldn't matter. And I certainly have plenty of UFOs!

Here's dh, so off I go!