judianne

Our House (Part Three)

22 hours ago, bgs said:

Judy glad you have a dr that tries to get to the bottom of things and a dh and ds to take care of you.  It seems like in many cases the patient has to figure it out.  I have a friend that is allergic to iodine.  She had been on a medication for years.  The manufacturer made changes not to the chemical compound of the medication but to the additives.  They started adding iodine as a preservative.  My friend got feeling really bad.  Dr ran tests and tried to figure it out but my friend did lots of research and figured out the cause.  Her thyroid was reacting to the iodine.  

I know what you mean about being our own advocate. DH was taking two different generic meds and had had to change to a different manufacturer because of a reaction to the binding agents the first company was using!

We'll see what happens with my meds. The D.O. on duty at the hospital did say once you have heart stents it closes the available open more, so you do have to be careful. It's all so confusing...

Hi Mary. My internist was very helpful...basically I need to decide, though, whether to stay with the cardiologist who saved my life by inserting the stents and try and work to lower my numbers, or go with someone less adamant over very low cholesterol numbers, like the one attached to the practice where my internist works....

Good morning. I’ve been missing, had the worst sinus infection and it took forever to resolve.  However, it’s mich better, finally!

Judy, Im so sorry that you were so sick and had to be hospitalized.  It’s great that you have a doctor you trust, and that cares enough to be thorough. 

Its been the oddest weather here so far this winter. Hardly any snow and temperatures that are above freezing most of the time.  Usually we have had several feet of snow by this time. I’d be surprised if we have had even a foot so far. Currently there is snow on the ground but it’s supposed to be 45 here today, so I think most of it should melt.

I have not done any crocheting or any other crafty thing for at least two weeks.  Actually, I have done pretty much nothing.  I did get all the Christmas stuff put away last night though.  Today I hope to catch up on laundry.  We had planned to go to DDs for dinner, but something came up for them, so that was cancelled. We are considering driving out to a Lake Michigan later this afternoon and walking the boardwalk. We will eat dinner out there someplace.  It’s supposed to get sunny.  (Also unusual for winter in Michigan!)

Have a great weekend!

• Like 1

Our weather has been odd here, too!  It's been warmer than usual--in the 50's to 60's!  It seems like the weather patterns are shifting these days!

Cindy glad you are feeling better.  I should put away my Christmas things but just dont want to.  I have often dreamed about having a  house with enough space I could leave Christmas set up in a room year round.  It would be my happy retreat place.

For our area it was weird that we had so much snow before Thanksgiving.  Tues we had negative windchills and today it made it to 60 something.  We have a saying here.  If you dont like the weather just hang around its going to change.  

Edited by bgs
  • Like 1

Hi, peeps.

Cindy, it's good seeing you back here. Sinus infections are a bear!

We've had barely a handful of what I would call winter temps. For the most part we've been in the mid 40's, which is usually late October/early November weather for us!

Here's a 42 inch RR I made for a two year old. Her name is Trinity, hence the T in the heart. Sorry about the lighting - today would have been a better day for the photo - we just haven't seen much sun at all lately!

IMG_20190105_165725533.jpg

Edited by judianne
  • Like 1

Thanks, Cindy! It was fun to make - even though I changed my mind about color placement once and frogged about 20 rows😂

Good morning, friends. :) 

Cindy ~ I'm so glad you are much better now!  I finally went to see the PA at our doctor's office thinking it might be a sinus infection.  Nope, it seems everyone in North Texas is dealing with "early allergies" due to the warmer temps.  So antihistamines for me...except they make be drowsy so I can't take them if I have to drive anywhere. Lol

Judy ~ Oh, the RR is adorable!   Beautiful work and colors and I just know that little Tiffany will love it.

Brenda ~ Your idea for a Christmas room brought back a memory from the past. (Like in the 70's!)  I became good friends with the wife of one of hubby's co-workers.  They had a lovely large home and the formal living room wasn't used except for Christmas and formal things.  One year she literally forgot about her tree until Spring and of course by then it looked like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree. :lol   She was teased about that for years. :) 

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

Hubby has had two appointments so far this week and tomorrow we go to the dermatologist for two Moh's procedures on his face.  They said to plan on 'several' hours, so I will definitely have my crochet bag with me. 

Here is an afghan I finished before Christmas and finally got around to pictures.  It's the blanket stitch -

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/blanket-stitch

100_3545.JPG

Gee, that picture really is lopsided...oh well, I'll blame it on my allergies. :lol

Have a good day!

• Haha 1

Mary, pretty blanket--I like the colors.

It's been quite a week with next week shaping up to be busy also. Took my truck in for a recall repair. Had a dentist apt. I finally got to Sam's to stock up on some stuff and got my upper GI scheduled for Monday after playing phone tag for a week. DH had an apt with the hematologist (he has MGUS) and his numbers have gotten worse, so he's scheduled for another bone marrow biopsy on Thursday. Saying a prayer but it looks like he may be advancing to multiple myeloma.

We're back to some colder temps and rain today which is good for the duck hunters.  I hope to get some crochet time this afternoon, but the Christmas stuff still needs to be put up, so we'll see which task wins.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Hi, peeps

The little girl loved her blanket....her aunt sent me videos of her with it, and she even said Thank you, Judy....love 2 year olds!

On 1/9/2019 at 10:16 AM, Skysmom said:

Good morning, friends. :) 

Cindy ~ I'm so glad you are much better now!  I finally went to see the PA at our doctor's office thinking it might be a sinus infection.  Nope, it seems everyone in North Texas is dealing with "early allergies" due to the warmer temps.  So antihistamines for me...except they make be drowsy so I can't take them if I have to drive anywhere. Lol

Judy ~ Oh, the RR is adorable!   Beautiful work and colors and I just know that little Tiffany will love it.

Brenda ~ Your idea for a Christmas room brought back a memory from the past. (Like in the 70's!)  I became good friends with the wife of one of hubby's co-workers.  They had a lovely large home and the formal living room wasn't used except for Christmas and formal things.  One year she literally forgot about her tree until Spring and of course by then it looked like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree. :lol   She was teased about that for years. :) 

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

Hubby has had two appointments so far this week and tomorrow we go to the dermatologist for two Moh's procedures on his face.  They said to plan on 'several' hours, so I will definitely have my crochet bag with me. 

Here is an afghan I finished before Christmas and finally got around to pictures.  It's the blanket stitch -

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/blanket-stitch

100_3545.JPG

That's beautiful! Love that stitch...saved it!

Good morning, ladies. :)  Thank you for the compliments!  I love the pattern and have been using it more lately.  It is so very soft and "scrunchy." 

Mona ~ I hope all goes well with your test tomorrow...at least it doesn't take long, but I know it's not fun. :hug    We'll be thinking of you both on Thursday  as your hubby goes through the biopsy. ♥♥♥   I hope you can squeeze in a little time with your hook. :)

Judy ~ That is so sweet that you got to see little Tiffany with her new blanket. :manyheart

It's windy and cold, but at least there is no precip.  We're staying in today - Yay!  Have a good Sunday, friends.

Judy pretty afghan.  I am sure it will be loved.

Mary love your ghan too.  I like the blanket stitch. A couple of years ago I made a few babyghans using that stitch. I was using up inherited Mainstay worsted weight yarn and guessing what size hook to use.  Normally I grab an H but didnt like the way it felt.  When I used a K it was soft and scrunchy.

Mona saying a prayer things go ok for you and dh.

Its been a tiring weekend.  Sat we had rain turning over to snow and woke up to this Sat morning

20190112_095029.thumb.jpg.fd08c3b08979b3632d785ddc80218b96.jpg

Power went off 2 am Sat back 5am off 10am and didnt come back on until Sun 930am.  Our 2002 ice storm and being without electricity for a week always comes to mind.  Dh and I spent the day shoveling heavy wet snow.   We have a gravel drive probably the length of a city block.  The road grader went thru and plowed our gravel road in the afternoon so dh was able to get out because he wanted to check the roads. No way I was going.  I dont much like the thought of sliding off road into a ditch and told him not to call me if he did.  He would have been in the only suitable vehicle we have for driving in snow and after I quit working I do not drive in snow.  There is no place I have to or want to go bad enough and I dont like being out in it with anyone else. But since he insisted on going out I told him bring back supper from McDs (did not want to open refigerator) and I insisted that he take his thermos and have them fill it with coffee.  Yep I learned during the 2002 power outage I dont want anywhere around him until after he has coffee. Then  l was so disappointed I could not watch the Chiefs game.  I kept hoping the power would come back on but finally dug out a radio and batteries and thankfully picked up a station broadcasting it.  Dh kept the house toasty (a bit too toasty for me) with a fire in the woodstove, heated water to make his tea, and warmed water so I could clean up this morning.  While  we were getting out coolers and formulating the plan for unloading the fridge and storing food in the car we were very excited to see the electric company truck.  I really really like electricity.  

Oh and when I checked in here the granny square thtrad was nowhere to be found.  I even tried linking directly to it from the history page on my phone.  Got an error page saying it didnt exist.  We had to start a new thread and have no idea where it went or why.

Edited by bgs
  • Sad 1

Hi House. :)

Brenda ~ Lots of snow in your area!  The picture is really pretty, but I know it's not fun to deal with.  I hope your power has stayed on today!   We still have two battery operated radios and a weather radio...we've had to use them several times over the years. :yes

I just finished a baby afghan and will post a picture soon.  We're leaving shortly for another appointment...

Have a good evening, friends. ♥♥♥

• Like 1

Yesterday we went to see Aquaman.  Saw Mary Poppins the Tues before.  Since dh is retired we can take advantage of $5 Tuesdays.  Today we made an Aldi run.  Hadnt been since before Christmas so was out of fresh veggies and fruit.  Spent afternoon putting away groceries cleaning and cutting up veggie.  Seemed like at lot more people were getting groceries today than normal for Wed.  Guess everyone was stocking up between snow storms.   Still about 800 without power.  Guess I need to start thinking about putting Christmas away.  Probably 80% or more of my Christmas stuff are snowmen which seems appropriate to leave out for Jan.  Gotta wait for snow to melt, ground to dry, and temps about 30 since we have to access the attic from outside.

'Morning House. :)

Brenda ~ How fun to go to the movies and get a discount, too!  I read that you may be getting more snow. The snow is supposed to stay north of us with this next major front coming Friday/Saturday...hope it stays away! 

Hubby has two appointments today.  I try and schedule them a little further apart, but it's not always possible! 

Better get busy!  Have a good day, everyone.♥♥♥

• Like 1

Hi peeps!

Brenda, I feel for you...and understand your excitement at seeing a utility truck!  When superstorm Sandy hit us almost 7 years ago we were without power for two week - and with two big dogs we could have gone to our friends in upper NY State, but we kept thinking "any day it'll be back on"...we ended up having a great talk with a worker from the South who was up here helping out....and that day we finally got it back. It was cold, but except for the last day when we had a heavy wet snow, we didn't get hit like you did. Now we have a camp stove, a buddy heater, and ice at the ready along with a big cooler.  Haven't had to use it yet...lol!

Oh yes Judy that waiting and thinking the power might come back on in a little while and it doesnt is the worst part.  Its hard trying to decide at what point in time should you pull things from the fridge and in our case put it in coolers and car because the power might come back on as soon as you do it.   I just cringe watching the news and seeing places with power outages.  I feel bad for them but at the same time glad its not me.   We  are better off than most as we have a camp stove and lantern with a reflector along with a couple of cans of fuel, 3 oil lamps with a stash of wicks and lamp oil, candles, led lights and several batteries, and best of all the wood stove with plenty of dry wood in the wood shed. I have been surprised on the big outages that out here our electric co-op got our power restored before many of KCPL customers in the city got power back.  The time ours was out for a week was from an ice storm.  We didnt lose it when we got a foot of snow 7 years ago.  After that one dh purchased a roof rake and has used it a few times including this one.

We are supposed to get more snow Fri night into Sat.  I am so sure dulcimer club will cancel Sat that I am not prepping food for potluck but have some grab and go things if needed.

• Like 1

Hi House.  For those of you in the path of all the snow and storms, stay safe.♥  We're just supposed to have a slight chance of storms tonight and then high winds and wind chills in the upper teens and feel very lucky. 

Have a good night. :manyheart

Mary, that sounds like our forecast. 

Both our apts were uneventful, waiting on pathology results.

I've been working on the moorland blanket--about ten rows left.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

• Like 1

Hello all.  Here in St. Louis, we are expecting 2-4" of snow.  The worst, however, will be the high winds and bone-chilling cold temps. BRRRR.  Thank goodness for heat and crocheting.

• Like 1

Good morning.  Snowing here and very cold.  Our snow isn’t supposed to amount to too much, 4 to 6 inches.  Around here that isnt enough to affect most peoples plans.  ( except mine, if I don’t need to get out in it, I don’t!)   We do have plans to have dinner with friends tonight but I won’t have to drive.  The snow should be finished by then.

Not much going on around here.  That virus I had a week or two ago really hit me hard and it’s taken me all this time to get things caught up around the house. Thursday was the first time I went grocery shopping since before Christmas!  Luckily I keep a full freezer and pantry.  We didn’t go without!  Dh picked up fresh fruit and some veggies once as well.  

On Thursday evening we visited mil and we cleaned up her yarn. She had a lot of  project left overs that she wanted to get rid of. I took them home with plans to either discard or donate. I ended up making 6 premie hats out of some of it yesterday.  Hope you all have a great weekend.

• Like 1