judianne

Our House (Part Three)

Hi, peeps!

Good morning ladies. Still winter here......

Mary, it's interesting that you mentioned Linda yesterday, I woke up with her on my mind. I also hope her daughter and grandson are doing well.

I'm going out to buy that baby gift today. My Jeep is ready to be picked up, so just waiting for dh to be ready to leave. He's waiting for a customer. The repairs that I brought it in for weren't very expensive, but when they checked it over, they found that the brakes were pretty much finished, so we had those replaced as well. What I thought might be a high priced computer or electrical issue, just turned out to be carbon buildup on so do-hickkey or another. (Don't you love that technical term?)Sounds like my vocabulary when describing car stuff too!

Yesterday I tried listening to an audio book while crocheting that boring octopus pattern. Turns out, I can't count and listen at the same time. I can't do audio books at anytime - my mind wanders! Luckily it's just a crocheted toy and a stitch or two more or less won't matter in the big picture. If I dig out a stitch marker, it will be ok.

I am still looking for something easy to work on when we go on vacation. I was considering starting a knitted baby blanket, but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just bring one of my UFOs along. Most of them would take more space, but we are driving, so it wouldn't matter. And I certainly have plenty of UFOs!Taking UFO's sounds like a better plan. I would -and you'll feel great getting them finished!

Here's dh, so off I go!

I've made a couple more squares, but life interrupts. This morning we went to the shooting range - last night DH asked if I wanted to go shooting and I told him I'd never say no! We went about three months ago or so, but I really love it. We always work on my self defense shooting. DH is a great teacher, and a great shot, himself, so when he praised my accuracy today I know it's sincere. And I'm accurate shooting left handed too ;)

After lunch I "de-furred" the carpet on the stairs - I was still feeling the endorphin high from having a successful time at the range. :lol

Book club tonight....

Have a good evening, my friends.

• Like 1

Hi House. :)

Cindy ~ I'm glad your Jeep is all fixed now - car problems are no fun!  Like you and Judy, I can't 'do' audio books. Lol  So many people listen to them while driving and I can't imagine concentrating on the road and the book at the same time!

Judy ~ Wow!  I can't imagine using my left hand for anything like that. ;)   My sister, Sue went through training years ago and has kept her license current. 

I'm 'on call' until about 2:30.  DD has an appt. at noon and her dr. is almost always running late, so I'll go get the boys at school if needed. :)   We'll help them with packing again tomorrow and probably get their garage cleaned out. 

Time for crocheting!  Have a good afternoon, everyone. :manyheart

Hi peeps!

Mary, NJ has the strictest carry laws for gun owners! It's ridiculous - how bad guys, who don't care about the law or getting caught with a weapon, carry them and law abiding citizens find it nearly impossible to carry in this state. Retired law enforcement can, but no one else! So much for the United States of America.

Any who, rant over.

I spent the day playing with my random balls of leftover Homespun and am making a colorful scarf :D

Good morning.

Wow where did the week go? I finished the cowl for DD. And believe it or not I started another. Lol. Found some yarn in my stash, Acadia by the fibre company that would be perfect for this pattern. I have jury duty wed so started this as my bring along project

Today I am headed to DDs to watch the boys while DD and sil re organize things. Kitchen is finally all done!!!

Time to get ready. Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!!

Edited by imanurse55

Hi peeps!

Joanne, enjoy the boys today - you'll be getting a workout, I'm sure!

LeeAnn, your Spring soap are adorable!! And the VW ones - a touch of genius.

Nice and sunny today, but still chilly. We made a run to Delicious Orchards - for mostly healthy things :lol

I have a handful of rows to finish on my scrappy Homespun scarf before I weave in ends and take its pic. I still have some yarn left over - but I think the colors would make nice flowers I can adde to blankets/hats.

Then it's back to the baby ghan squares.

Have a great day, ladies!

I reached out to Linda's DD....she and her son are doing better, though, of course, she still misses her mom terribly. She said she believes that her mom is still with is here at the House. She was so loved and so close to us, I believe that too.

Good night, my friends.

Had a wonderful day. Went for a nice walk, then played outside for a while. I'm so glad I get to see the boys fairly regularly. They put life into perspective. Will probably go see jali tomorrow. It's been two weeks since I've seen him

Nice scarf, Judy! I stopped at delicious orchards on my way to DD,s. got mostly healthy stuff too. Lol. And got donuts for the boys. Glad to hear joy and her son are doing ok... and yes, I believe Linda is checking out our lists from up above........

Hope everyone had a great Saturday

• Like 1

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Nice scarf! I'm glad to here Joy and her son are doing well. I bet Linda is still there with them. 

Cindy, Glad you had your car looked at. Did they say you should take it out on the highway and drive it? To much city driving isn't good on cars. This is what I was told once when I had that problem. The octopus is cute. 

Joanne, We are lucky are grandchildren are close.

Mary, I hope the storm we both are getting sunday and monday is no where as bad as California has been getting. They said this is where it is coming from. We had tornado warnings tuesday or wednesday morning. My alert went off on my phone before the weather channel told us. They don't have storm sirens here like we do at home. There was a tornado spotted out over the bay outside of Rockport. 

LeeAnn, 

We had 122 people for Valentine's dinner. We were all ready for this to be over. I started the baby dress over. I asked where the baby lives and she lives in Maine. So now I'm making the 12 months size. It should be perfect for summer in Maine. Maya face timed with me today. She took Gerimiah outside and they played on the trampoline together. She's such a good sister. She likes to take him in her bedroom and they lay on the bed and play with her stuffed animals. DD sent me a video this afternoon. He started walking. At the beginning he took about 5 steps and fell down. He cried and mom told him he was okay and get back up. He did and I counted, he took 22 steps. The fun begins now! Dh had a brother die yesterday. He had heart issues, emphysema and was on oxygen. He had been gone for 3 or 4 days. Two of the sisters went with his daughter to make take of things. He's being cremated. Late this afternoon his sister called and said there mom was going to the hospital. Hard time breathing and pains around her pacemaker. Please keep us in your prayers. Thanks! 

I hope everyone has a great week!

My condolences Marlene, on the passing of DHs brother and prayers and positive thoughts for his mom.

Woke up early, started laundry and do have to clean. But honestly, would rather just do anything but that. Lol. DH is still sleeping so I think I'll take advantage of the quiet and read for a bit!!!

Happy Sunday!!!!

• Like 1

'Morning, everyone. :)

Marlene ~ Sending hugs and prayers to you, hubby and your family. :hug   I hope his mom is okay.  Baby G is doing great with his walking!  Face time is wonderful for keeping up with everyone. 

Judy ~ Love the scarf!  The colors look happy together.  :yes   Thank you for letting us know that you were in touch with Joy.  Linda will be remembered by so many and I do feel she's watching over her loved ones. :manyheart

Joanne ~ Another cowl?  This is the single crochet pattern? Lol  I feel the same way about being close to the kids, although I'm a little tired right now. ;)   We were at their house most of yesterday packing and Luke wanted to come home with us.  He's had his pancakes and is watching TV now.

Hi to those I may have missed. :manyheart

Thanks for all the compliments, ladies! It was 62 degrees today - I think I may get a chance to wear the scarf before Spring arrives!

It was such  beautiful day today- :D  :D

Hi to everyone else!

Good evening House!

Boy oh boy do the days fly by!  I have been whipping up product like crazy.  Have 2 large custom orders, taking my time with them but am running low on one of my soap bases.  Crossing my fingers that my supply shipment gets here before I get any more orders.  What an awesome problem to have.   :manyheart

Marlene-I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your dh's brother, hugs, prayers and warmest of wishes.   :hug

Judy-your scarf looks so happy!  Thank you for the lovley compliment on the VW Bug Soaps, they were sure fun to make.  This week I am making balloon shaped soaps and the Avenger soaps.  Fun fun fun! :c9

Joanne-I hope to one day as close to my grands as you are with yours, what beautiful memories and times. :yes

Cindy-when will you be leaving for vacation?  Did you decide on a project? ;)

Mary-pancakes sound so good!  My dh makes the best breakfast, he really takes pride in his pancake recipe.   :lol

Last week my  new Bath Fizzy Press arrived.  I am so excited!  I have been whipping up tons of bath fizzies, about 10 different fragrances/colors.  Lots of shrink wrapping to do to get them ready for selling.  Joyce has been covering for me on Thursday afternoons and then on Saturdays.  This has given me time to get into the studio.  Long work days..off to pour more soapies, hugs and warmest of wishes!

Good morning!

Work for me, although it's Presidents' Day. At least the traffic shouldn't be bad since schools are closed, and lots of other places too. Like Judy mentioned, yesterday was spectacular! Spring was in the air, although I'm sure it was just a tease!!! I like that it staying light later and later each day!! No craft club tonight, since the library is closed for the holiday.

Time to get ready. Happy Monday!!!

• Like 1

Good morning. The sun is shining....it looks like spring! Both Saturday and Sunday hit the low 60s here. This spring like weather is supposed to last until Wednesday or Thursday, snow is in the forecast for next weekend. :(

I worked this past weekend, it was very busy, but not out of control. I'm off until Friday now.

Judy, your scarf is really attractive. What a great way to use up leftover yarn. I could use the same principle for baby blankets.

Marlene, I'm sorry to hear about your brother in law. Sending good thoughts for your mil.

Mary and Lee Ann, my hubby does all the pancake making around here too. However, I'm pretty sure his recipe comes from either the Pillsbury or the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. It still tastes good. He makes good French toast too.

Lee Ann, your business is certainly booming! I know you work very hard at it, but it does sound like fun work to me! We are not going on vacation until mid March. I've decided to bring one of my many WIPs with me, but I haven't decided for sure which one. I don't want to drag a ton of yarn with me, so it's probably narrowed down to the wildflower Shoulder bag or the "learn to knit" afghan. The afghan is squares in a four color combination, but I wouldn't have to bring all four colors. It's not like I'd finish more than a few squares. I'm a slow knitter and I need to concentrate on what I'm doing when I knit.

Joanne, I agree with you about being close to grandkids. Ours came over for pizza last night. I'm also happy to see the daylight lasting longer into the evening. I actually feel more energetic!

Mary...us there more packing coming up for you this week?

Have a great day, ladies.

Hi peeps!

Cindy, thanks! Not sure what you meant about using leftover yarn for baby blankets. A never ending square, maybe?

Our weather forecast for Thursday is a high of almost 70!!!! Nuts. Time to start the pups back on Frontline.

DS asked if I would make a blanket for the baby son of a patient - and enclosed the family picture. How could I say no?? She saw the ghan I made for his office and one thing left to another... her Russian grandmother crocheted, and she loves homemade things.

Good evening House!

Boy oh boy do the days fly by!  I have been whipping up product like crazy.  Have 2 large custom orders, taking my time with them but am running low on one of my soap bases.  Crossing my fingers that my supply shipment gets here before I get any more orders.  What an awesome problem to have.   :manyheart  Yup, What a problem!! :lol  :lol 

Marlene-I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your dh's brother, hugs, prayers and warmest of wishes.   :hug

Judy-your scarf looks so happy!  Thanks!  It was so easy. Using a DC stitch with Homespun and an L hook makes it fly.Thank you for the lovley compliment on the VW Bug Soaps, they were sure fun to make.  This week I am making balloon shaped soaps and the Avenger soaps.  Fun fun fun! :c9

Joanne-I hope to one day as close to my grands as you are with yours, what beautiful memories and times. :yes

Cindy-when will you be leaving for vacation?  Did you decide on a project? ;)

Mary-pancakes sound so good!  My dh makes the best breakfast, he really takes pride in his pancake recipe.   :lol

Last week my  new Bath Fizzy Press arrived.  I am so excited!  I have been whipping up tons of bath fizzies, about 10 different fragrances/colors.  Lots of shrink wrapping to do to get them ready for selling.  Joyce has been covering for me on Thursday afternoons and then on Saturdays.  This has given me time to get into the studio.  Long work days..off to pour more soapies, hugs and warmest of wishes!

A new toy! Enjoy making the Bath Fizzies.

Sorry, Judy, didn't mean to be confusing. Your scarf just got me thinking about my large yarn golf ball collection. I've been thinking of knitting a baby blanket. I would just knit until one color runs out, then add another. I've tried that with a never ending square, and I don't like how it comes out. Same with single crochet. The changes look too abrupt. I was thinking that it would be more subtle in knitting because of how narrow a single row of knitting is. Of course, I haven't tried this yet...just thinking that it might work. Plus, it would feel like a free project, since I wouldn't have to buy yarn. Okay, just kidding about that....I know that I would buy yarn. I would eventually decide that I need some color that I don't have, and a new yarn golf ball collection will start.

Sorry, Judy, didn't mean to be confusing. Your scarf just got me thinking about my large yarn golf ball collection. I've been thinking of knitting a baby blanket. I would just knit until one color runs out, then add another. I've tried that with a never ending square, and I don't like how it comes out. Same with single crochet. The changes look too abrupt. I was thinking that it would be more subtle in knitting because of how narrow a single row of knitting is. Of course, I haven't tried this yet...just thinking that it might work. Plus, it would feel like a free project, since I wouldn't have to buy yarn. Okay, just kidding about that....I know that I would buy yarn. I would eventually decide that I need some color that I don't have, and a new yarn golf ball collection will start.

That's a good thought - the rows are very thin in knitting.

Good Morning, House. :)

LeeAnn ~ Congratulations on more great orders!  Your new 'press' sounds like it will make life easier for you. :yes

Cindy ~ Enjoy your days off!

I think we've helped with the packing as much as we can. Lol  My dining room is full of art work, pictures, large mirrors and other things they didn't want to put in storage. (I added more contents coverage on our homeowners insurance because of the value of some of their art!)  The movers will come Sunday a.m. and unload at the storage place and their rental house.  The house is really cute - not very big, but they'll basically be just camping out for about 5 weeks. 

I'm home today for a change.  So ready for some crochet time. :)  

• Like 1

Good morning. It's raining here! Very gloomy, but at least it's not cold. Once again I couldn't sleep. I think it's time to break out the sleeping pills. I hate the way they make me feel in the morning, so I rarely use them. Maybe I will go buy some melatonin and try that. My youngest daughter says it works pretty well.

Nothing urgent on my to do list today, although I really should buckle down and finish that octopus.

But first....more coffee! Enjoy the day!

• Like 1

Hi house!

Back to the shop today, whew!  I can finally catch a break and rest a bit.  I love that I have internet here, life moves just a tad slower when I am not running like a chicken.

Cindy-do you take baths?  Sometimes taking a hot bath is all I  need, I feel like a baby when I do that.  :lol   Speaking of babies, my nephew to be is almost here!  Only 10 more weeks..can't wait!

Judy-I started a new afghan for dh last night using the Barnat Bulky yarn, hoping that it works up fast.  What is your next project?

Joanne-how was Paradise?  Was the traffic light?  

Mary-that is so nice of you to help your dd, her art collection sounds amazing!

Marlene-how ya doing?  How's your dh?  Hope all is well.

Nothing too exciting going on, keeping busy with online and custom orders.  Going to rest this afternoon and crochet.  Have a wonderful Tuesday~   :ghug

Hi all

Traffic was light yesterday, and back to normal today. Tomorrow I have to report to jury duty. Just had it 3 years ago! I called after five today and of course my number wasn't in the group that is excused.

Tonight is my favorite show this is us !! I love it!!!

Hope you got to crochet today Mary and Lee Ann

Cindy. I've never taken a sleeping pill, but have tried melatonin in the past with good results. I usually sleep about 5-6 hrs a night and that seems to be enough for me

Have a good night !!!

Hi, peeps!

Cindy, there are times I can't sleep, either - or I have such a broken night it's as if I didn't. I've heard positive things about melatonin too....I just have more caffeine the next day and go to sleep very early the next night....

Hi house!

Back to the shop today, whew!  I can finally catch a break and rest a bit.  I love that I have internet here, life moves just a tad slower when I am not running like a chicken.

Cindy-do you take baths?  Sometimes taking a hot bath is all I  need, I feel like a baby when I do that.  :lol   Speaking of babies, my nephew to be is almost here!  Only 10 more weeks..can't wait!

Judy-I started a new afghan for dh last night using the Barnat Bulky yarn, hoping that it works up fast.  What is your next project?DH will love the new ghan, I'm sure! Once I hear from the lady who requested a baby ghan for her newborn, that will be my next WIP. My current baby ghan is moving along. I have 5 more squares to make and then I'll join them. As I've been making the squares I came up with a couple of ideas for the border -- when I'm not sure which to use I end up doing a little bit of each design I'm thinking of and then the right choice will jump out at me.

Joanne-how was Paradise?  Was the traffic light?  

Mary-that is so nice of you to help your dd, her art collection sounds amazing!

Marlene-how ya doing?  How's your dh?  Hope all is well.

Nothing too exciting going on, keeping busy with online and custom orders.  Going to rest this afternoon and crochet.  Have a wonderful Tuesday~   :ghug

I hope you enjoyed your hook time!

Hi all
Traffic was light yesterday, and back to normal today. Tomorrow I have to report to jury duty. Just had it 3 years ago! I called after five today and of course my number wasn't in the group that is excused.I haven't even received a request for jury duty - at least not since DS was a toddler (he'll be 42 next month). Back then I was excused because of DH's job/no caregiver for DS. It could be interesting...as long as I can bring a hook and yarn...lol!

Tonight is my favorite show this is us !! I love it!!!

Hope you got to crochet today Mary and Lee Ann

Cindy. I've never taken a sleeping pill, but have tried melatonin in the past with good results. I usually sleep about 5-6 hrs a night and that seems to be enough for me

Have a good night !!!

Have a good night my friends.

Edited by judianne