judianne

Our House (Part Three)

482 posts in this topic

Good Morning. :rain   It's raining here, too.  Almost 4 inches since about 3 a..m.!  Gracie was under the covers and DH slept through all the thunder and lightning...as usual. Lol  There is lots of flooding going on in the whole metroplex.  Thankfully we don't have to go anywhere.

Cindy ~ I hope your first day back at work is a good one.  :yes

Judy ~ Oh, your telling us about the "utility markers" brought back some memories. :rolleyes  When we bought this house, we had the fence replaced.  The utilities  were well marked (all of ours are underground), but the fence people got a little careless and dug right through our electric and cable lines!  The companies came out and ran temporary lines right across the yard and then sent people out to bury them again a few days later. What a mess!  Another "happy homeowner" story. :lol

Joanne ~ Thank you!  Yay for the sun coming out!  Enjoy your Saturday. ♥

LeeAnn ~ Thinking of you as you get ready for your new adventure on Monday!  'Hope you get a little time to relax before then. :manyheart

Marlene ~ I hope you all are doing well.  Have the grand kids been there lately?

I should be cleaning, but I think this is a laundry and crochet day! 

1 person likes this

Hi peeps - As Joanne said, the sun is out now - and baking everything! We had so much rain this morning there's still a big puddle in the far back corner of our yard.

So, I finished two, 12 inch squares to send to Mary Jo for the comfortghan and I restarted the baby RR my friend requested. I didn't like the look I got when I began it with the yellow, so I'm playing right now. I think I know where these things are going, but I can only really tell after I've worked several rows.

Have  good weekend, my friends. 

Had a Sunday funday. Went to my DDs house and enjoyed time with all 4 grandsons. It was Jali's first time in the pool. He was a little apprehensive at first, but really enjoyed it. Ryan is now jumping off the diving board !   The weather was really nice with lots of sun and the humidity was low.  Hope everyone had a good weekend 

'Evening, house. :)

Judy ~ You have such a great eye for colors...I think RR's can be hard to figure out the sequence!  How are the children? :)

Joanne ~ Awww, how fun for you to be with all 4 grandsons today!  I'm glad the weather was good for a family day. :yes

After yesterday's deluge, we ended up with 4½ inches in the rain gauge!  Today stayed in the 80's but our regularly scheduled summer heat will return tomorrow.

Have a good evening, friends. :manyheart

1 person likes this

Good morning. As usual, very busy at work. I work again tomorrow. 

Its supposed to be unseasonable cold cold for the next few days. Highs only in the 60s. If it doesn't rain, it will be a good time to get stuff done outside. 

Mary, that is a ton of rain!  Too bad a little of it didnt come our way.  It's quite dry here. 

Judy, I find it hard to decide on colors. Scrappy afghans always defeat he because of this. Generally speaking, I like order and symmetry. Sometimes I like yellow for the middle, but I think if you aren't careful, it looks like you are making a giant flower.  

Joanne, sounds like a fun time washed by all yesterday!

LeeAnn, you start a new adventure today. Hope it's a terrific first day on the job.

Marlene, hope all is well with you and yours. 

Have a a great Monday!

4 hours ago, Gardener said:

Good morning. As usual, very busy at work. I work again tomorrow. 

Its supposed to be unseasonable cold cold for the next few days. Highs only in the 60s. If it doesn't rain, it will be a good time to get stuff done outside. 

Oh, I would love those temps!

Mary, that is a ton of rain!  Too bad a little of it didnt come our way.  It's quite dry here. 

Judy, I find it hard to decide on colors. Scrappy afghans always defeat he because of this. Generally speaking, I like order and symmetry. Sometimes I like yellow for the middle, but I think if you aren't careful, it looks like you are making a giant flower.  Cindy, I love symmetry, too - and I know what you mean about starting with yellow! I stopped after 7 or so rounds to begin again. This time I started with blue, the accent color that was mentioned, and have used it sparingly in the rest so far. Mostly yellow, with white for the rest. I'm ending up with a very symmetrical design and I think it's going to look good. I'm close to being finished 

Joanne, your day with the boys sounds like it was amazing!

Mary, I do pretty well with colors, but not subtle shades. I try sketching out ideas for color placement, but that never works - I have to do it. There have been a couple of RRs that were frogged in the past!  Glad you got some rain!!

Have a great day my friends.