judianne

Our House (Part Three)

885 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone!

A little background for those curious about the title.  The first version of this CAL was started by JulieKay and began January 2007. Ten years ago! Since then we had to archive 1000 pages to start Part Two in February 2011....and here we are again. Part Three! Many of us have known each other for nearly the entire ten years, and others are newcomers to our house. We love newcomers with their excitement and new ideas - so everyone is welcome to join! Trust me, you'll begin to feel like part of the "family" in short order. And never forget: everyone was a beginner at one time, so don't be shy to share pictures of your work or ask questions.

Our crochet-a-long thread crochets their own projects most often, though there have been times we managed to work on the same thing at the same time. There are also times we're here just for support when anyone needs a listening ear. Also, we never talk politics or religion, as is the case with any successful and smooth-running internet group, as this one is. 

Well, that's it, I think. I hope I've done it correctly.  I've seen 7 of us who always post, and I hope I don't lose anyone in this transition. 

I'm asking the admin, Amy to archive the old thread. 

....and may your yarn piles always be abundant!

Thank you, Judy!  It feels strange to be post number 2.  Lol

Come join us for a new thread and a new year!  :) 

1 person likes this

Thanks Judy. I could not get here via the link you posted, I had to find it via the topic index. I'm not sure why I couldn't get yours to work, but...just in case someone else has the same problem, I went ahead and reposted it on the old thread.

Edited by Gardener

Thanks Judy. I could not get here via the link you posted, I had to find it via the topic index. I'm not sure why I couldn't get yours to work, but...just in case someone else has the same problem, I went ahead and reposted it on the old thread.

Thanks so much! That was my second attempt, too... :lol  :lol

Good morning, crochet/knitting peeps!

So, I have 2 small green beanies made for the NICU...still have more green yarn, so I'll be back at it today!

I also have a commission for a baby ghan - a friend of mine is going to be  a step grandma again. My choice of color, design etc...so I'll see what jumps out at me from my yarn closet. I'm leaning toward a simple quilt look (big squares) so it's the colors I have to decide on. Blue and brown are speaking to me right now, but I'll see what I have first....

Have a great day everyone!!

Good Morning!   Yay, our new thread is up and running.  :) 

Judy ~ The green hats will be perfect for St. Patrick's Day.  Looking forward to seeing what you decide on the baby 'ghan!

Cindy ~ Hi!

I will be back after DH's appointment and the grocery store.  Have a great morning!

1 person likes this

Good afternoon house!

Judy-St. Patrick Day Hats sound adorbs!  That is what my nephew says, I love it!  He is the sweetest and so very artistic.  He is 13 but has such an old soul, I love hearing him talk.  The new baby ghan sounds exciting!  I stumbled across another baby ghan that I had started forever ago, one of these days I will get caught up.  

Cindy-are you working more hours this week?  I forgot to tell you, the messy bun hat looked amazing!

Mary-congratulations on the etsy orders!  wohoo!  It always feels awesome to see your hand work going off to someone that will love it.  

Joanne-so glad that your dh went in to see the dr, how is he feeling? Diabetes is difficult to manage, my dh has diabetes, since he was 11.  The older he gets, the harder it is to manage.  Congratulations to your dd :clap  :clap How was Craft Night?  

Marisa-hello there!

I have been keeping busy all weekend.  My cousin had a baby shower on Saturday, my dd and I went together.  It was wonderful spending the day with her, I have missed just haning out.  After that, it has been work work work.  My shelves are still empty, a good problem to have but I am struggling to keep up with it all.  Going to have to pour more soaps tonight and lip balms too.  I think we have 2 in stock. :D

Off to etsy land, hugs and warmest of wishes!

Edited by cristopher2k
1 person likes this

Hi all.  We're having temps in the 70's so I just put a chicken on the rotisserie...feels like Spring here. :)

LeeAnn ~ Spending time with your DD and going to the baby shower both sound so fun!  Good luck with creating more product this evening. :yes

Joanne ~ I hope all is well with your hubby.  How was craft club?

We had to wait longer than usual for DH's appointment, but I crocheted and visited with a lady who was knitting!  Her work is gorgeous...she was knitting a baby blanket with a cable pattern - so sweet.

Have a good evening, everyone. ♥♥♥

1 person likes this

Well, I ended up reading and didn't crochet at all today :P . Our neighborhood book club is reading The Nest and I'm hooked on reading about the (fictional) dysfunctional family portrayed on the pages! I started it Sunday and am better than half finished with the 353 page book.

The third green beanie I'm going to make will be a different size than the others. I think I can get at least three more beanies out of the small ball of yarn I have left. 

Have a good night my friends.

Hi all.

Craft club was fun and a much needed break from the week before. Dh is doing well. He is still watching his sugar. Which is a good thing

I finished a ripple lapghan while dh was in the hospital and started a mindless scarf. I'm turning it into a cowl so brought that with me last night so I could craft and chat!

I also took a book out last night, All the light we Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. One of the gals recommended it...it won the Pulitzer Prize, so another gal and I each checked a copy out. I may stRt it tonight or tomorrow night. More likely tomorrow night since my fav show, this is us airs tonight

So strange to be post 10, however that is fitting, since my birthday is 10/10. Lol. Have a great night!!!!

1 person likes this

Joanne, a number of my friends have read that book, and all have enjoyed it.

'Morning, House. 

It looks like everyone is reading good books!  I've not been reading much for quite a while...crocheting took over. Lol

Joanne ~ WTG on finishing a lapghan and cowl!

Mammogram time for me this morning and then a trip to Hobby Lobby.  Of course, they're close to each other and I can use some retail therapy. ;)

Have a wonderful morning, everyone! :hook

Good morning. It's back to yucky, gloomy, cold and dreary here......still, I shouldn't complain. It really hasn't been a terribly harsh winter here.

Joanne, I'm glad to hear that dh is doing better and watching his blood sugars. Congrats on the finishes.

Mary....at least there is Hobby Lobby to look forward to....

Lee Ann....when do you find time to sleep? You seem to always be on the run!

Judy, that book is new to me. I mostly read non fiction and mysteries, but every once in a while I branch out. And isn't it fun to make those little beanies? You get something cute for a small amount of work.

Lots to do here today. DD and I are going to do a freezer meal cooking session at her house tomorrow, so I have prep work and grocery shopping to do for that. It's also our turn to co-host our monthly church potluck. That means we have to set up and supervise clean up. Hosts provide drinks and I like to bring a food contribution as well. The food supply can sometimes be skimpy because there are always some families that don't bring their fair share. Plus, since I worked the past two days, there's lots to do around the house as well.

I haven't been crafting a lot lately, but I've been reading. I'm working my way through the Mr and Mrs North mystery series by a husband and wife author team, Richard and Frances Lockridge. They were written mostly in the 1940s and 50s and set in NYC. The Norths are a sophisticated, childless couple who seem to stumble onto murders more often not. I read all these books years ago, and now that they are coming out on Kindle, I've been re-reading them.

Well, I'd better start tackling my monstrous to do list......

1 person likes this

Cindy ~ Yes, your list is a long one!  When is the church pot luck?  Tomorrow sounds like a good day with your DD. :yes

Yes, I took full advantage of my trip to Hobby Lobby. :yarn :yarn :yarn   Well, I use their ILTY almost always now, and I use a lot of white, and I needed several skeins of each color due to the dye lots, and...the yarn addiction continues.  :D   Sure was fun!

Better get groceries and yarn put away, so I can crochet.  I hope everyone is having a good day.

Morning peeps!

Joanne, you are a speedy crafter!!!   Nervous energy, I'm sure. Ripples are so easy and mostly mindless. It was a good choice.

I finished The Nest last night and my friend left me another book: Leave Me by Gayle Forman. Cindy, like you I read a bit of non and historical fiction and love mysteries too - these two books are what I would call "women's books". I often pass on these when a book club choice, but since I didn't have to buy them - and never finish - I thought I'd give them a try. I'm definitely in reading mode! And today's weather will encourage that...lol!

'Morning, House. 

It looks like everyone is reading good books!  I've not been reading much for quite a while...crocheting took over. Lol

Joanne ~ WTG on finishing a lapghan and cowl!

Mammogram time for me this morning and then a trip to Hobby Lobby.  Of course, they're close to each other and I can use some retail therapy. ;)

Have a wonderful morning, everyone! :hook

I love retail therapy!!!

Good morning. It's back to yucky, gloomy, cold and dreary here......still, I shouldn't complain. It really hasn't been a terribly harsh winter here.

Joanne, I'm glad to hear that dh is doing better and watching his blood sugars. Congrats on the finishes.

Mary....at least there is Hobby Lobby to look forward to....

Lee Ann....when do you find time to sleep? You seem to always be on the run!

Judy, that book is new to me. I mostly read non fiction and mysteries, but every once in a while I branch out. And isn't it fun to make those little beanies? You get something cute for a small amount of work.Yes....I can't believe how many hats I'm getting ut of such a small ball of yarn!

Lots to do here today. DD and I are going to do a freezer meal cooking session at her house tomorrow, so I have prep work and grocery shopping to do for that. It's also our turn to co-host our monthly church potluck. That means we have to set up and supervise clean up. Hosts provide drinks and I like to bring a food contribution as well. The food supply can sometimes be skimpy because there are always some families that don't bring their fair share. Plus, since I worked the past two days, there's lots to do around the house as well.Wow....take care - you don't want your back to flare again. :hug 

I haven't been crafting a lot lately, but I've been reading. I'm working my way through the Mr and Mrs North mystery series by a husband and wife author team, Richard and Frances Lockridge. They were written mostly in the 1940s and 50s and set in NYC. The Norths are a sophisticated, childless couple who seem to stumble onto murders more often not. I read all these books years ago, and now that they are coming out on Kindle, I've been re-reading them.The Nest has NYC as it's setting - I love that. The book isn't something I would recommend to some....but it was real.

Well, I'd better start tackling my monstrous to do list......

Cindy ~ Yes, your list is a long one!  When is the church pot luck?  Tomorrow sounds like a good day with your DD. :yes

Yes, I took full advantage of my trip to Hobby Lobby. :yarn :yarn :yarn   Well, I use their ILTY almost always now, and I use a lot of white, and I needed several skeins of each color due to the dye lots, and...the yarn addiction continues.  :D   Sure was fun!

Better get groceries and yarn put away, so I can crochet.  I hope everyone is having a good day.

Yay for Hobby Lobby!

Good morning!

Snow day...office closed. So glad I didn't have to call out and they did it for me. Lol. Weather is crazy. 60's yesterday and now we have snow!! Started as rain, then sleet and now snow. It is coming down fast and furious!!! So glad we are inside! Dh was going to try and go to work and I talked him out of it. Now he is glad he listened to me because he sees how bad it is. When we first woke up it was raining. By the time we had showered, it was sleet. And then snow.

Today will be a crafting/ reading day. Was going to do some cleaning for a bit, but I think a snow day should be a lazy day.

Hope you all have a good day!!!

Edited by imanurse55
1 person likes this

As Joanne said....yesterday....and today...and single digits tonight, so it'll be an ice rink tomorrow!

post-8552-0-17350300-1486661775_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-94062400-1486661804_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Hi House :)

Joanne ~ I totally agree about snow days!  Enjoy your crafting and reading. :flake

Judy ~ Beautiful pictures!  Have the children been out yet?  I don't see any big paw prints in the snow. Lol 

Marlene ~ Our friends just got back from Port Aransas and said the weather was gorgeous most of the time.  I hope you all are having a wonderful February so far!

Cindy ~ I bet you're right in the midst of a cooking marathon. ;)

I just finished a baby 'ghan and am getting ready to start another. :)  (I definitely have plenty of yarn now!)

post-10699-0-75879100-1486662767_thumb.jpg

2 people like this

Good morning house!

Mary-ohh laaa laaa the afghan looks amazing!  So pretty, would go well with any nursery decor.  I love stocking up on yarn! My personal collection was getting out of hand, I am working really hard at not adding to my stash, but it is a daily struggle.  

Cindy-I do not sleep enough, some days I can really feel it.  I long for a full day of rest and relaxation.  That may not happen as my shelves never seem stocked enough but I sure am trying.

Joanne-a snow day sounds like a perfect day to relax!  I am so glad that you convinced your dh to stay home, it is better to be safe.  I was watching the news last night, lots of snow predicted.  Has the storm passed?

Judy-eeek! That is an awful lot of snow!  Reading is a great way to relax, do you belong to a book club that meets monthly?

Marlene-how are you doing?  How is dh and the rest of the family?  I hope well. 

I finished the baby afghan for my nephew to be, first time using the Bernat Blanket Yarn, works up so fast and is super soft.  I ordered more Blanket yarn for a lap quilt for dh, he truly loves this yarn!

Off to paperwork land, hugs and wonderful wishes!

The snow seems to be winding down! But like Judy says, it's getting colder and colder!!

Mary. Love the grey and white!!! I love ripples!!! Thinking of starting another one, but started the calm cowl for dd today. I was wearing one last Friday and she asked me to make one for her. It's a lot of SC and although I like the way it turns out, I'm. It a fan of so much SC. But since she asked, of course I'll finish. But will probably alternate working on this woth something else.

Started the book and so far so good. It's bee nice so far being lazy!!

LeeAnn love the pic of Celine on FB. She is beautiful...I also saw the pic of the baby blanket. Very nice!!!!

Cindy. Hope your cooking foray with D D is going well

Marlene and Marisa --Thinking of you!!

Hi ladies. Cold here as well, and snowing off and on. I didn't check the weather, but I haven't heard anything about getting much accumulation.

Cooking day is done. In a little over two hours I got 14 meals, DD got 8....but I'm feeding two people, she is feeding 8!

Mary, the church potluck was last night. Turn out wasn't the best, but those of us who went had fun. That grey and white blanket is beautiful!

Joanne, I'm glad your hubby stayed home. And yes, a snow day is for relaxing! I'm with you on the sc! It really gets tedious after awhile!

LeeAnn, too bad I don't live near you. I'd love to help you make and package soaps and bath bombs and so forth.

Judy, at least the fur babies will enjoy that winter wonderland! It's certainly pretty, especially looking out from inside.

Shout out to Marlene and Marisa...hope you are both doing well.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the compliments, ladies. :manyheart  

LeeAnn ~ Oh, that darn paperwork!  I made a dent in tax stuff a couple of weeks ago...guess I'd better get back to that.  I only have to do state sales tax once a year because I'm way under the threshold for quarterly payments. :lol

Joanne ~ Yes, I'm with you on sc.  Love the way it looks, but it sure takes a long time to see any progress. ;)   Good for you for relaxing today!

Cindy ~ You and DD got a lot done!  I've made a few things for the freezer lately...mostly for DD and family during all the packing and moving.

Speaking of food - time to start dinner!

Hi peeps!

Hi House :)

Joanne ~ I totally agree about snow days!  Enjoy your crafting and reading. :flake

Judy ~ Beautiful pictures!  Have the children been out yet?  I don't see any big paw prints in the snow. Lol You're observant! Took that pic before we went out to play! The first batch of snow I tossed in the air in Lucy's direction had her jumping up with all 4 legs in the air as she tried to bite it! She was so excited!! Even early this AM when she went to do her business and there was only a couple of inches out there....she was running around like a nut! You have to laugh at how they revert to acting like puppies again. Sparkie even ran a bit. Lucy will be 6 next month!

Marlene ~ Our friends just got back from Port Aransas and said the weather was gorgeous most of the time.  I hope you all are having a wonderful February so far!

Cindy ~ I bet you're right in the midst of a cooking marathon. ;)

I just finished a baby 'ghan and am getting ready to start another. :)  (I definitely have plenty of yarn now!)

attachicon.gif100_2253.JPG

LOVE it! It's more like a gentle waves pattern - I like that so much more than the pointy ones. Whose pattern did you use??

Good morning house!

Mary-ohh laaa laaa the afghan looks amazing!  So pretty, would go well with any nursery decor.  I love stocking up on yarn! My personal collection was getting out of hand, I am working really hard at not adding to my stash, but it is a daily struggle.  

Cindy-I do not sleep enough, some days I can really feel it.  I long for a full day of rest and relaxation.  That may not happen as my shelves never seem stocked enough but I sure am trying.

Joanne-a snow day sounds like a perfect day to relax!  I am so glad that you convinced your dh to stay home, it is better to be safe.  I was watching the news last night, lots of snow predicted.  Has the storm passed?

Judy-eeek! That is an awful lot of snow! It seems to have only been 6 inches or so. North of us they got a whole lot more! Reading is a great way to relax, do you belong to a book club that meets monthly? I love reading - and have ever since I was really young. I get totally lost in books. Last week I "slightly" burned homemade garlic bread, thinking I was just going to read one more page since it wasn't ready yet. Miscalculated a little :P 

To answer your question: yes, we meet monthly, the third Thursday of the month. In December there's no book discussion because it's our holiday party.

Marlene-how are you doing?  How is dh and the rest of the family?  I hope well. 

I finished the baby afghan for my nephew to be, first time using the Bernat Blanket Yarn, works up so fast and is super soft.  I ordered more Blanket yarn for a lap quilt for dh, he truly loves this yarn!Oh, that sounds like a wonderful gift...and our guys do love the soft stuff, don't they? :lol 

Off to paperwork land, hugs and wonderful wishes!

The snow seems to be winding down! But like Judy says, it's getting colder and colder!!

Mary. Love the grey and white!!! I love ripples!!! Thinking of starting another one, but started the calm cowl for dd today. I was wearing one last Friday and she asked me to make one for her. It's a lot of SC and although I like the way it turns out, I'm. It a fan of so much SC. But since she asked, of course I'll finish. But will probably alternate working on this woth something else.
Too much sc can be a bear - good idea to alternate projects!
Started the book and so far so good. It's bee nice so far being lazy!!

LeeAnn love the pic of Celine on FB. She is beautiful...I also saw the pic of the baby blanket. Very nice!!!!

Cindy. Hope your cooking foray with D D is going well

Marlene and Marisa --Thinking of you!!

Cindy, great job on the marathon meal prep!! 

Off I go - Rangers hockey is on!

Edited by judianne

'Morning, all.  Leaving shortly for DD's and a day of packing. :)   Have a wonderful day! :manyheart

1 person likes this

Good morning. It's cold here, but not much in the way of new snow. I'm still working on Wednesdays to do list. I bit off more than I could chew! Actually I underestimated how much time things would take. Also how much energy I would have after two busy days at work.

We are having guests for dinner tonight, so I guess I will have to do a bit of housework today. Luckily, it's gloomy outside so even if they arrive before dark, they won't see any lingering dust! :)

Mary...I don't envy you and DD working on packing! At least you will get to spend time together.

Guess I'd better get started on that housework. Have a great day, ladies.